closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Old sheath knife info please?

Hybrid View

Master
    your knife is a Rodgers scout knife and could be much earlier, 1900 -1940. I have one - mine, which I inherited, is about 1920 with a bone handle. People had a habit of grinding off the Rodgers name and engraving the scout's initials on the blade or where the shaft joins the handle.

Mine also has the magnetic spot in the handle for all sorts of useful things (fishing etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Mine also has the magnetic spot in the handle for all sorts of useful things (fishing etc)
    I have been fishing for 69 years and am struggling to think of an occasion when a sheath knife's magnetic-spot handle would have come in handy.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by unclealec View Post
    I have been fishing for 69 years and am struggling to think of an occasion when a sheath knife's magnetic-spot handle would have come in handy.
    I always wondered that - I remember that my dad informed me that very old flies were made with magnetic material but that is all I've got

Oh and testing that your compass was working

B

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    your knife is a Rodgers scout knife and could be much earlier, 1900 -1940. I have one - mine, which I inherited, is about 1920 with a bone handle. People had a habit of grinding off the Rodgers name and engraving the scout's initials on the blade or where the shaft joins the handle.

Thanks for the info.

I guess dating them accurately is nigh on impossible as they probably kept the same line going over the years.
    Cheers,
    Neil.