timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Another inane thread.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Period.
    [Snigger]Miss, Raffe said period.....[/Snigger]

Bit of a late lunch, mind you it was a pretty good kedgeree.

I was going to have just one biscuit but, with a bit of effort, I managed to find two that were stuck together. Fig, since you ask.

My lawn mower is a Honda and doesn't have an MOT. Our cat, Freddie, likes to sit on it in the garage.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimum View Post
    Should have bought a DAF...
    Had one of those once, a Variomatic. Felt like the clutch was slipping the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    Had one of those once, a Variomatic.
    You're not getting off that lightly. What was its' name?
    Last edited by Carlton-Browne; 15th March 2016 at 20:24.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    I have neither washing line nor tumble dryer, I have a clothes horse. It is, however, a clothes horse with no name.
    Are there plants and birds and rocks and things?

Quote Originally Posted by grey View Post
    Are there plants and birds and rocks and things?
    No, there are pants and shirts and socks and things.

No, there are pants and shirts and socks and things.
    Utterly brilliant.

Now, back to where we were.

I was up on the moors today looking for and then at Flying Scotsman. I have seen it before, though.

Is Wilfred Pickles really dead? I couldn't believe it.

I had Mrs Pickle's pink eiderdown for a number of years.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    I had Mrs Pickle's pink eiderdown for a number of years.
    Please tell me that is not a euphemism, and you really had a Mabel keepsake.

Give him the money, Barney.

My breakfast

Master
    I am unsure how long the peanut butter that I had for breakfast was but its measured in years and months, I do not fear death but fear some may miss me should I suffer a sudden departure so I forewarn you now. That said, it was still tasty.

Smooth not crunchy for what its worth.

Peanut. Butter.

Whatever next, can't wait to tell Doreen when she gets back from the Kill Your Own farm shop.

Sheep's head broth for dinner!

Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post
    My breakfast
    That's mad. I mean, my eyes are telling me egg & chips but i know it's not right.

Please tell me that is not a euphemism, and you really had a Mabel keepsake.
    It's absolutely true. When I was a child we had a lovely old lady living next door called Mrs Pickles who, unfortunately, passed away. I'm not sure of the detail but I think my parents helped her two daughters to clear the house and I ended up, at my suggestion, with her pink eiderdown. It was a lovely old thing and I had it for a few years. I suspect my Mum had to find a moment when I wasn't looking to throw it out as it must have eventually gotten quite tatty.

My breakfast consisted of some white bio-yoghurt with organic blueberries and a fresh orange juice. Lunch will be pizza and beer with a mate. Can't wait until lunchtime.

Seperately, I discovered a washing line in our basement today. Can someone please explain how to use them? Any chance I could use my new-to-me fingerless gloves in the process?

It's absolutely true. When I was a child we had a lovely old lady living next door called Mrs Pickles who, unfortunately, passed away. I'm not sure of the detail but I think my parents helped her two daughters to clear the house and I ended up, at my suggestion, with her pink eiderdown. It was a lovely old thing and I had it for a few years. I suspect my Mum had to find a moment when I wasn't looking to throw it out as it must have eventually gotten quite tatty.
    A mother knows best when to throw away your pink eiderdown. Could be a whole new thread - what age were you when your mother threw your pink eiderdown etc?

Even better in BP, a 'Do you think member xyz's mother ever ​threw his pink eiderdown away?' thread.

A mother knows best when to throw away your pink eiderdown. Could be a whole new thread - what age were you when your mother threw your pink eiderdown etc?

Even better in BP, a 'Do you think member xyz's mother ever ​threw his pink eiderdown away?' thread.

I know one or two members who most certainly still sleep under their pink elderdowns.

Imagine my shock and disappointment when I found out this morning that there were only two eggs left in the box - even though it said clearly "six eggs" on the outside. I would not have expected this to happen in this day and age - after all we are supposed to live in the information age? What can one rely on nowadays if not the contents of an egg box? I wonder if this isn't a case for the European Court?

I shall post a villain thread in any case to warn themembership.

That sort of unnecessary shock ^^^^^^ can ruin my day.

Yesterday I was driving to an appointment and a sign on the motorway said 'Delays expected until May'.

I thought 'Crikey, I'm supposed to be there at twelve'.

But is was all a big fib. I was only delayed for twenty minutes, but I turned up very shaken.

As it was they still had plenty of haddock, but had run out of fishcakes.

Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post
    My breakfast

Hmm... that's an unusual breakfast choice, but fair enough.

I have a few comments though, and I'm sure you'll welcome the constructive feedback.

1 - Those chips look a bit undercooked to me - I think several shades darker would enhance their flavour. I've linked to a pantone chart here that may help you:

http://realaccesspromo.com/PMSColorChart

I would recommend aiming for PMS 123, but feel free to experiement within the range.

2 - The egg, while well formed, may be a little too undercooked also (is a theme emerging here?). Consider the threat of salmonella, and then decide the risk level you feel comfortable with. If you would like me to forward over a risk assessment form please let me know, although I expect you have your own.

3 - I think some ham is missing. Or perhaps a duet of sausages?

4 - I see no evidence of ketchup. I can only assume this photo was taken before the aforementioned condiment was added?

I hope this helps you reflect on your breakfasting choices, and perhaps make some improvements going forward. I hope you can provide us with some updates in due course.

The white of the egg looks more like custard. I'm fearing that something has gone very wrong here

It is not an egg - it is half a peach on a bed of yoghurt. And what looks like chips are in fact pieces of apple.

Master
    That sort of unnecessary shock ^^^^^^ can ruin my day.

Yesterday I was driving to an appointment and a sign on the motorway said 'Delays expected until May'.

I thought 'Crikey, I'm supposed to be there at twelve'.

But is was all a big fib. I was only delayed for twenty minutes, but I turned up very shaken.

As it was they still had plenty of haddock, but had run out of fishcakes.
    Very good

I'm fully aware that where we live is not so much hip as hip-replacement but, running a disco in an orthopaedic shoe shop?

I just discovered Baron Von Count on Twitter.
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodrķguez

Well, all in all its been a pretty uneventful day really.

So it's probably time to brush my teeth and go up the wooden hills to... Er, oh, the place I already live.
    So clever my foot fell off.

I won a new contract today and feel really good about it, er indoors says
    'is the shed roof fixed yet'?

On a lighter note the Honda Civic is still going strong, and I still haven't upgraded my phone.

I won a new contract yesterday and feel really good about it, er indoors says
    'is the shed roof fixed yet'?

On a lighter note the Honda Civic is still going strong, I still haven't upgraded my phone, and in an attempt to stand out from the TZ crowd I have my jeans washed regularly.
    Last edited by number2; 22nd March 2016 at 09:22.

I went to Reading last week and I've still got the carrier bag I bought in M&S.

Master
    I need to buy 1kg of coffee beans today.

We went to Tesco's yesterday so we've got the rest of the week to worry about now.

I had intended to buy some stick-on numbers for our wheelie bins (3 - black, green, black with a blue lid - I suspect a cock-up in the planning department at the manufacturer on that last one and I told Doreen).

Anyway, I digress. They had packets of ten numbers (0 to 9) at Tesco. So I thought about it for a while and when I caught up with Doreen who was buying 'Value' scones (49p for 10) to feed the birds she said 'You've been gone nearly half an hour, I'd begun to worry about you'.

I said 'I'm quite upset, I worked out I'll have to buy three packets of numbers to address the issue of our wheelie bins, and then I'm (I didn't say 'we' as I don't want her to get worked up about it) going to have twenty four spare numbers to worry about'.

Far from getting worked up about it she said 'Well, why don't you put the remaining numbers up for sale, but as a 'freebie', at that watch club of yours. I'm sure someone will snap them up'.

Well, you live with someone since just after the Old King died and can still get surprised by them after all this time. What a woman!

What a day.

We only have two wheelie bins, one black, one green.
    They get collected on alternate weeks.

Money saving tip: remember, when buying stick-on numbers a 6 can work perfectly well as a 9 - and vice versa - when used upside down, and with just a simple careful stroke of a craft knife an 8 can be made into a 3, thus resulting in not inconsiderable financial savings.

We have two wheelie bins but they are both grey. The cleaning woman puts them out, sometimes only one of them, sometimes both. I have no idea why...
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Blog Entries
    ......thus resulting in not inconsiderable financial savings.
    On a similar note, I tried a different route on my commute this morning and manage to shave 2 miles off my previous best of 37 miles. Apparently the savings should also apply on the return trip but I haven't tried that yet. We shall see this evening.

Tuesdays are our bin day.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    We have two wheelie bins but they are both grey. The cleaning woman puts them out, sometimes only one of them, sometimes both. I have no idea why...
    I just have a chute.

There is a sign requesting that it only be used between 8am and 8pm.

Money saving tip: remember, when buying stick-on numbers a 6 can work perfectly well as a 9 - and vice versa - when used upside down, and with just a simple careful stroke of a craft knife an 8 can be made into a 3, thus resulting in not inconsiderable financial savings.
    Top tip! Unfortunately that nice 'Sweeperhand' chap has already been around and collected the numbers off SC and I haven't the heart to ask him to give them back.

But anyway we live at number 42.

But thank you SimonK, as it will give me more scope to decide which number house to buy, should we be moving again.
    Last edited by grey; 22nd March 2016 at 14:38.

Wheelie bins - you lot don't know you're born!

We have three wheelie bins, they are all grey (with slightly different handles mind) but are very cleverly coded with different coloured lids for their designated contents.
    F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    We have three wheelie bins, they are all grey (with slightly different handles mind) but are very cleverly coded with different coloured lids for their designated contents.
    Very clever indeed!

We have 3 wheelie bins, different colours to indicate their particular diet - general rubbish, glass or paper and packaging. The bins are used by French people, so essentially we simply have three identical bins, but the existential nature of their aesthetics is much appreciated.

We went to Tesco's yesterday so we've got the rest of the week to worry about now...
    On reflection I think you've missed a heaven-sent opportunity to give your bins names. Obviously one would have to be called Colin but then you could have had a Dustin and a Sebastian as well. Or maybe Hermann?

On reflection I think you've missed a heaven-sent opportunity to give your bins names. Obviously one would have to be called Colin but then you could have had a Dustin and a Sebastian as well. Or maybe Hermann?
    Surely one should be called Osama?

I'm going to Thatcham on Thursday. I've never been before, but fortunately I know somebody there, so it won't be a wasted journey.

If I sit here long enough I might type something.

Colin's alright because I could have used left over bits from the numbers to make most of the letters, but how do you expect an OAP to be able to afford so many packs of letters to cover all the duplicates. I ask you - Sebastian = 2 sets each of 's's and 'a's, similar with Osama and Hermann.

Sorry if I sound a little annoyed but that's the trouble with a lot of folk today - they don't think things through.

Just imagine, if I'd decided on names yesterday, the time I'd have worked all those duplicates out, Doreen would have been down the reverse leg choosing worst buys on lavvy paper and kitchen towels without my help with the calculator, or even getting security to look in changing rooms or disabled lavs just in case I'd had a nasty turn.

To say nothing about why I hadn't chosen her mam's favourite cousin Eugene as one of the bin names (three bloody 'e's if you haven't spotted it already)..

Master
    We went to Tesco's yesterday so we've got the rest of the week to worry about now.

I had intended to buy some stick-on numbers for our wheelie bins (3 - black, green, black with a blue lid - I suspect a cock-up in the planning department at the manufacturer on that last one and I told Doreen).

Anyway, I digress. They had packets of ten numbers (0 to 9) at Tesco. So I thought about it for a while and when I caught up with Doreen who was buying 'Value' scones (49p for 10) to feed the birds she said 'You've been gone nearly half an hour, I'd begun to worry about you'.

I said 'I'm quite upset, I worked out I'll have to buy three packets of numbers to address the issue of our wheelie bins, and then I'm (I didn't say 'we' as I don't want her to get worked up about it) going to have twenty four spare numbers to worry about'.

Far from getting worked up about it she said 'Well, why don't you put the remaining numbers up for sale, but as a 'freebie', at that watch club of yours. I'm sure someone will snap them up'.

Well, you live with someone since just after the Old King died and can still get surprised by them after all this time. What a woman!

What a day.
    Faced with that dilemma I'd have made a stencil with my house name / number and sprayed that on the bins, only need to make one stencil and buy one spray can.