closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Let's raise some money for charity - UPDATE PAGE 6

Hybrid View

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    Just out of interest,when is the current fundraiser period finishing,and the next one with the new charities starting?

Quote Originally Posted by village View Post
    Just out of interest,when is the current fundraiser period finishing,and the next one with the new charities starting?
    The current one has officially finished although the page will still accept donations. I'll give it a rest for a while before starting another, the current one has been a bit of a disappointment.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    The current one has officially finished although the page will still accept donations. I'll give it a rest for a while before starting another, the current one has been a bit of a disappointment.

Eddie
    Maybe a highlighted sticky in the TZ UK SC might remind sellers that a donation would be appreciated - especially if worded subtly but without sounding too threatening, or, on the other hand too 'Richard Nixon-ish'. But, on the other foot, maybe some of the regular (and regular+) '£'000s worth' sellers also need more of a 'not so subtle' kick to remind them.

dunk

EDIT: Is it possible to incorporate a reminder into the actual SC listing draft e.g. a simple 'tick box' indicating that a donation will be made?
    Last edited by sundial; 22nd June 2013 at 13:00.
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post

Eddie
    Fair enough,although i don't personally think £5.5k is a disappointing amount to give to charity. The first one was always going to benefit from a groundswell of giving because it was 'new'. Subsequent donation periods were almost certainly going to be 'disappointing' compared to the first total.

Quote Originally Posted by village View Post
    Fair enough,although i don't personally think £5.5k is a disappointing amount to give to charity. The first one was always going to benefit from a groundswell of giving because it was 'new'. Subsequent donation periods were almost certainly going to be 'disappointing' compared to the first total.
    Less than £1000 has been donated to date during June. Furthermore, it's not just from sales that donations can be made. If someone places a WTB, both they and the seller could make a donation. It's obvious to me that some members are placing so many FS and also WTB posts that they're unlikely to be for watches for their own use/pleasure ie they are probably 'dealing' to make ££ - and some do not make donations (unless they hide under the 'Anonymous' handle) They are ripe fodder for commencing an 'ignore' list if I decide to sell any box office watches. It's a simple matter to scan through the listed donors and ascertain who has not contributed - took me less than a minute looking for one suspect individual for whom there is no trace of a donation.

dunk
    Last edited by sundial; 22nd June 2013 at 13:33.
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

Though some, like me, think any contribution I make is nobody's business but mine, so anonymous it is.

New direct link to the fundraising page:

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/team/tz-uk2015

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

this is a great idea and nice to see... macmillan done a great deal for my uncle and his immediate family over the last few years until he sadly passed away earlier this year, we had a great fundraiser for them afterwards with a good turn out in his local pub lol (might aswell have been his home :D ) i wish i was a lot better off so i could make significant differences to some charities close to my heart but i guess when everyone clubs together even the little bits add up :)