closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Red traffic light jumpers.

Hybrid View

What freaks me out are the vast majority of folks who start crossing without checking if the traffic is/has stopped. See it with parents and young kids all the time, utter madness.

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    What freaks me out are the vast majority of folks who start crossing without checking if the traffic is/has stopped. See it with parents and young kids all the time, utter madness.
    We locals know so we wouldn't dream of crossing until the traffic comes to a standstill but visitors beware, same when we drive out of our road onto the dual carriageway we never just pull out when our the lights change to green, we sneak out and make sure its safe but again visitors beware.

Red traffic light jumpers.

I do like this all the time if it is green for me. It’s a fun to see shocked faces of drivers. who would’ve thought that they have to stop at red light ;)

Oh - so not knitwear related
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Beat me to it - was expecting Giles Brandreth...

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    I love this kind of humour because its so unfunny it makes me smile that someone thinks it is funny :)

Quote Originally Posted by TheTigerUK View Post
    I love this kind of humour because its so unfunny it makes me smile that someone thinks it is funny :)
    Lighten up John, it's funny.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    e-scooters and sit on scooters with L plates ridden by kids are the chief offenders around here. I and almost everyone I speak with has had a near miss at some point.

Seeing as this descended in to a cycle thread….some of you might know the road which goes from the A4, across the Downs and terminates in Marlborough. A very long undulating yet picturesque journey. It’s not a particularly fast road but long nonetheless and earlier this year i happened upon a group of cyclist whilst heading to Marlborough. Sadly it was at the bottom of the long hill which goes up to the White Horse and there are literally no chances along there of passing 20 odd cyclists all in pairs. By the time i turned off left in Marlborough, they went right in to the town, there were about 40 cars behind me. They knew what they were doing, they would have been aware of the chaos behind them….however they ignored all of that and carried along that road not giving one shit to what was going on behind them. It’s that kind of consideration that makes me wonder why i should have consideration for cyclists!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    Seeing as this descended in to a cycle thread….some of you might know the road which goes from the A4, across the Downs and terminates in Marlborough. A very long undulating yet picturesque journey. It’s not a particularly fast road but long nonetheless and earlier this year i happened upon a group of cyclist whilst heading to Marlborough. Sadly it was at the bottom of the long hill which goes up to the White Horse and there are literally no chances along there of passing 20 odd cyclists all in pairs. By the time i turned off left in Marlborough, they went right in to the town, there were about 40 cars behind me. They knew what they were doing, they would have been aware of the chaos behind them….however they ignored all of that and carried along that road not giving one shit to what was going on behind them. It’s that kind of consideration that makes me wonder why i should have consideration for cyclists!
    Sounds annoying, lack of consideration there ...

Maybe a group that large was some sort of charity ride raising money for a good cause ... who knows ...

I'm curious, have you ever been delayed by a tractor, or horses, in a similar situation or stuck in a traffic jam ... can also be frustrating ...

Bottom line is its a few minutes ... chill out, listen to some music ...

I have lost many more minutes of my life stuck in traffic than I have being delayed by a cyclists ...

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    Sounds annoying, lack of consideration there ...

Maybe a group that large was some sort of charity ride raising money for a good cause ... who knows ...

I'm curious, have you ever been delayed by a tractor, or horses, in a similar situation or stuck in a traffic jam ... can also be frustrating ...

Bottom line is its a few minutes ... chill out, listen to some music ...

I have lost many more minutes of my life stuck in traffic than I have being delayed by a cyclists ...
    Horses, tractors especially, generally pull over and let built up traffic pass.
    We’re not talking about 5 minutes here it was more like 15-20 minutes with cars behind getting ever increasingly frustrated and making silly decisions.
    You can’t pass even a few of them due to gaps in traffic and being dangerous to the cyclist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Horses, tractors especially, generally pull over and let built up traffic pass.
    We’re not talking about 5 minutes here it was more like 15-20 minutes with cars behind getting ever increasingly frustrated and making silly decisions.
    You can’t pass even a few of them due to gaps in traffic and being dangerous to the cyclist
    Like I said sounds frustrating, my experience is cyclists pull over like you describe of the horse/tractors.

Must be a very long hill to delay that time.

Ever been stuck in a traffic jam? Tell us about that ... ?

Couple of weeks ago I was stationary on the M2 for an hour and a half ... caused by a build up of traffic trying to get into a shopping centre ...

When did a line of moving cars, albeit somewhat slower than their drivers might desire, when did that become ''chaos''... to me chaos is something far worse...also you're sitting in a nice place I believe...

Master
    Know the road well, and aside from the piece as you get to the Mound I’ve always found it well sighted with plenty of opportunities to safely pass. Perhaps you were unlucky with oncoming traffic.

Prefer the road in the other direction, just seems to flow better when driving it. One of my favourites routes back to BoA is ditching the M4 at Hungerford for the A4.

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Know the road well, and aside from the piece as you get to the Mound I’ve always found it well sighted with plenty of opportunities to safely pass. Perhaps you were unlucky with oncoming traffic.

Prefer the road in the other direction, just seems to flow better when driving it. One of my favourites routes back to BoA is ditching the M4 at Hungerford for the A4.
    There are places to pass but not when you have rows and rows of cyclists in front of you riding 2 abreast. If there were oncoming traffic you’d have nowhere to go other than to force yourself in to a gap of cyclists. Assuming we’re talking about the same road of course.

Master
    There are places to pass but not when you have rows and rows of cyclists in front of you riding 2 abreast. If there were oncoming traffic you’d have nowhere to go other than to force yourself in to a gap of cyclists. Assuming we’re talking about the same road of course.

So 10 cyclists long in a group / train. Much easier than single file if you’re giving them the correct width.

There is only 1 A4 to Marlborough, and the turn direction to town tells me your direction. Not wishing to start an argument but you might be stuck there due to poor driving ability further up the queue.

Back on the off topic of cyclists, I think they should leave gaps for the cars to pull back in & the good clubs I see when driving locally tend to do so and purposefully vs it being an accidental set of gaps. Helps everyone live without frustration on the same tarmac.

Quote Originally Posted by Normunds View Post
    I do like this all the time if it is green for me. It’s a fun to see shocked faces of drivers. who would’ve thought that they have to stop at red light ;)
    Ditto - of course while being very careful to ensure the driver has seen me. If I have right of way they can FRO

Master
    I’ve just upgraded my sat nav and was surprised at the amount of camera warnings I’m getting at lights my old one was not picking anything up at lights.

I was just leaving a supermarket and two adults crossed the road without even seeing me and they were not even looking in the direction they were walking.

Usually its people engrossed in their mobiles that have no awareness.

Quote Originally Posted by prexelor View Post
    I was just leaving a supermarket and two adults crossed the road without even seeing me and they were not even looking in the direction they were walking.

Usually its people engrossed in their mobiles that have no awareness.
    The Highway Code changed recently; if you are on a side road and turning onto a main road or vice versa, the pedestrian has right of way to cross in front of you.

It’s stupid but is now the rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    The Highway Code changed recently; if you are on a side road and turning onto a main road or vice versa, the pedestrian has right of way to cross in front of you.

It’s stupid but is now the rule.
    Why is that stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by Normunds View Post
    Why is that stupid?
    Because no bugger knows anything about it, you get blasted from behind by the car for waiting and the pedestrian looks at you like you’ve got 2 heads
    The rule does away with common sense and goes against everything anyone who’s been driving for years knows.