closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: It's winter boot time

Hybrid View

Master
    I've just taken delivery of my first Trickers from Mr Porter as they were in their sale but first impressions are they might be a touch small. They only had 8.5 in their sale and I'm a 9 generally so knew it was a gamble but still disappointed as I was after a chunky soled chukka boot in brown so the Evedons were ideal .

In case it's of use to anyone, they have one pair of Evedon left in a 7 and one black suede Trickers Bernwood boot in 8.5 at just £224 compared to a retail of £560 so quite a bargain.

Linky https://www.mrporter.com/en-gb/mens/sale/shoes

If anyone has as new Trickers boots in 9 to trade for an 8.5 pm me. I can return mine but will offer them for sale here before I do.
    Last edited by deepreddave; 23rd January 2024 at 15:58.

Quote Originally Posted by deepreddave View Post
    I've just taken delivery of my first Trickers from Mr Porter as they were in their sale but first impressions are they might be a touch small. They only had 8.5 in their sale and I'm a 9 generally so knew it was a gamble but still disappointed as I was after a chunky soled chukka boot in brown so the Evedons were ideal .

In case it's of use to anyone, they have one pair of Evedon left in a 7 and one black suede Trickers Bernwood boot in 8.5 at just £224 compared to a retail of £560 so quite a bargain.

Linky https://www.mrporter.com/en-gb/mens/sale/shoes

If anyone has as new Trickers boots in 9 to trade for an 8.5 pm me. I can return mine but will offer them for sale here before I do.
    Strange as Tricker's tend to size larger. I wear a 9 in some trainers, but a 7 or 7.5 in many Tricker's.

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanST150 View Post
    Strange as Tricker's tend to size larger. I wear a 9 in some trainers, but a 7 or 7.5 in many Tricker's.

Yeah, think the 4444 last in particular sizes up quite a bit in various models but these were very true to size. Gutted but they've gone back for a refund as I've no local shop that stocks Trickers so I'm left with paying postage to try online in the hope I get the right size. Have some Henry's arriving shortly so maybe this time, otherwise I'll wait till I can try on in person and stick to brands I know.

Quote Originally Posted by deepreddave View Post
    Yeah, think the 4444 last in particular sizes up quite a bit in various models but these were very true to size. Gutted but they've gone back for a refund as I've no local shop that stocks Trickers so I'm left with paying postage to try online in the hope I get the right size. Have some Henry's arriving shortly so maybe this time, otherwise I'll wait till I can try on in person and stick to brands I know.
    I wear a 7 in 4444 last, 7.5 in 4497s last and 8 in 2298 last.

But, even then there's slight variances with leather type. At the end of the day, these are mostly handmade boots, and if the boot maker was having a bad day, the leather might be more stretched.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanST150 View Post
    I wear a 7 in 4444 last, 7.5 in 4497s last and 8 in 2298 last.

But, even then there's slight variances with leather type. At the end of the day, these are mostly handmade boots, and if the boot maker was having a bad day, the leather might be more stretched.

That's useful to know thanks, although lots of online comments and Trickers own site suggests often true to size too so quite the lottery! I've some Henry's arriving shortly in 7.5 on the basis they fit a 9 so good to know that you have several that have worn that large. Given they use the same lasts it hardly seems rocket science to cut them so that they are more true to size than 2 sizes big?! CnJ don't have that problem, neither do Grenson or Paraboot ime.