closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Back tracking on electric cars and consequences for the car industry

Hybrid View

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by redmonaco View Post
    I'm thinking that it wont remain cheaper than fossil fuels to charge your car in the future. Look at what happened when everyone goes over to low use lightbulbs and other ways to use less electricity over the last few years. No-one has saved money because the price of electricity rises...

Bit like the housing market. Government schemes and inducements like deposit and guarantee schemes looked like it would make it cheaper for FTBs, but what actually happened was the builders thought FTBs could now afford a higher price and...hey presto :0(
    I’m convinced that offering grants or incentives for anything just inflates the price, sadly.

I didn’t see the cost of cars jumping by the equivalent of any grant once it was removed, seems like manufacturers were just trousering the grant as extra profit.

Similar with solar panels, and home charge points, and now probably heat pumps.

Oils the wheels I suppose.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooks View Post
    I’m convinced that offering grants or incentives for anything just inflates the price, sadly.

I didn’t see the cost of cars jumping by the equivalent of any grant once it was removed, seems like manufacturers were just trousering the grant as extra profit.
    Think you’re right. For some reason, politicians don’t understand how the real world works. And that fact explains a lot.

1-200£ chargers became 7-800£ when there was a £500 government grant available

Master

With the grants coming from central government via Taxation or from the energy companies which just add it on to bills, Jo public just runs out of money especially the ones at the bottom of the pile that buy the 15 year old cars to survive.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app