closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Octopus Agile users

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by series5 View Post
    Hard to say for sure.

I looked at general charging trends and have set the charge times according to this, plunge pricing aside .

Two attractions for us were FIT integrity and the ability to have more than one cheaper charging period each day
    Thanks. What's FIT integrity?

Sent from my SM-F936B using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mindforge View Post
    Thanks. What's FIT integrity?

Sent from my SM-F936B using Tapatalk
    We have an existing FIT based upon generation and deemed export. While not as generous here as it was where we lived previously, it's still worth a reasonable amount each year. I don't really plan to export much, if any, power, so generation payment is valuable to me.

Some of the Octopus tariffs require partial surrender of the FIT and, once done, it doesn't appear to be possible to reinstate them. The loss, were I to do so, may or may not be significant, I just don't know at this stage. However, I'd rather try a smart tariff before denting my FIT and see how things go.

For anybody on a more recent SEG or just considering PV/battery the issue that I have doesn't come into play so strongly, if at all.

Master
    We have an existing FIT based upon generation and deemed export. While not as generous here as it was where we lived previously, it's still worth a reasonable amount each year. I don't really plan to export much, if any, power, so generation payment is valuable to me.

Some of the Octopus tariffs require partial surrender of the FIT and, once done, it doesn't appear to be possible to reinstate them. The loss, were I to do so, may or may not be significant, I just don't know at this stage. However, I'd rather try a smart tariff before denting my FIT and see how things go.

For anybody on a more recent SEG or just considering PV/battery the issue that I have doesn't come into play so strongly, if at all.
    Without Googling. Your post makes close to zero sense to me.
    Ignorance is bliss I guess!

Craftsman
    Does anyone here use Octopus Agile with an Ohme EV charger?
    Wondering if it's possible to set up the Ohme to only turn on when the price per kWh is below a certain amount?
    I'm currently using Intelligent Octopus with Ohme setup to only turn on when the cost is 7.5p per kWh or less, and it works great.

Google / Octopus are giving me conflicting information!

Quote Originally Posted by mutanthands View Post
    Does anyone here use Octopus Agile with an Ohme EV charger?
    Wondering if it's possible to set up the Ohme to only turn on when the price per kWh is below a certain amount?
    I'm currently using Intelligent Octopus with Ohme setup to only turn on when the cost is 7.5p per kWh or less, and it works great.

Google / Octopus are giving me conflicting information!
    Cant be certain but i think it was talked about quite a lot on their Facebook page and i remember there was issues. Join the octopus Facebook page…they'll know for sure

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Without Googling. Your post makes close to zero sense to me.
    Ignorance is bliss I guess!
    My post won't be relevant unless you have a PV installation and a feed in tariff which has been running for a good few years already.

My post won't be relevant unless you have a PV installation and a feed in tariff which has been running for a good few years already.
    My PV was installed just outside the FIT time scale so ive essentially missed out on nearly 4 years of export. Bulb my previous supplier couldn't apparently tie my installation cert in with my house…Octopus did its straight away after i swapped over to them and went agile. Last month i got a tenner back which is fine by me as i was getting sweet FA before