closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Selling one you love to pay for one you want....how's that turned out?

Hybrid View

Try using the forum search on SC with the word "regret", as in "That's a lovely watch, I regret selling mine. GLWTS"

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Wolff View Post
    Try using the forum search on SC with the word "regret", as in "That's a lovely watch, I regret selling mine. GLWTS"
    I'll do that. Though of course, above these expressions of regret would be those simply buying the one offered

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Turned out fine for me. I'm not a multiple watch owner (used to be but consolidated as only have one wrist) but I used to flip regularly. It was an upgrade/try out thing for me so saw each purchase as a stepping stone towards finding one I'd settle with on a long term basis.
    I bought. Sold when I had a money to add towards buying a different model, bought, and so on.
    Yes I have regrets over letting some great bits go.. But the end result is that I'm totally content with what I have with no desire to change at present.

I've flipped quite a few (maybe 30) including a Speedy Pro and 2 SubCs, either of which for a lot of people might be considered an 'end watch'.

I've also bought some watches 2 or 3 times.

Ultimately I've no regrets (apart from the 4 figure sum I've wasted in the process) as each watch I've flipped had something about it which didn't feel quite right to me, I've enjoyed the experience of owning some great watches, and along the way I've worked out what I really want in a watch.

Master
    I've ended up with sellers remorse twice now ... which means I've bought a watch .. sold it (for less), bought it again (for more than first time).
    Happened with Speedmaster MKII and a IWC Portuguese.

wasn't really to get new one - was more to do with work being done on house.

I sold my Omega PO and My Steinhart GP LE

Regret selling both and am now on the lookout again, in particular for the Steinhart GP LE

Damn it...even while writing this am annoyed..

Grand Master
    I sold a relatively unpopular watch and bought a forum darling. Timekeeping aside, which is fine but not stellar despite the trick movement, it's an objectively better (tougher, more modern, scratch resistant, more functions) watch, but I still want the old one back. I made mistakes by paying attention to the wisdom of crowds before; I must learn not to!
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Quote Originally Posted by DeepThought View Post
    wasn't really to get new one - was more to do with work being done on house.

I sold my Omega PO and My Steinhart GP LE

Regret selling both and am now on the lookout again, in particular for the Steinhart GP LE

Damn it...even while writing this am annoyed..
    I thought the wife got you a new PO Gary? ;-)

Sold my v rare LCD Speedmaster to fund an X-33. Desperately missed my old LCD Speedmaster and thought it would take ages to find another. Thankfully I managed to buy another one from the person I'd sold mine too. Thanks Velorum!

Quote Originally Posted by maxwellwd View Post
    I thought the wife got you a new PO Gary? ;-)
    yep..

but its the Steinhart GP LE I really miss...