closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Another inane thread.

Hybrid View

I had Mrs Pickle's pink eiderdown for a number of years.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    I had Mrs Pickle's pink eiderdown for a number of years.
    Please tell me that is not a euphemism, and you really had a Mabel keepsake.

Give him the money, Barney.

My breakfast

Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post
    My breakfast
    That's mad. I mean, my eyes are telling me egg & chips but i know it's not right.

My breakfast consisted of some white bio-yoghurt with organic blueberries and a fresh orange juice. Lunch will be pizza and beer with a mate. Can't wait until lunchtime.

Seperately, I discovered a washing line in our basement today. Can someone please explain how to use them? Any chance I could use my new-to-me fingerless gloves in the process?

Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post
    My breakfast

Hmm... that's an unusual breakfast choice, but fair enough.

I have a few comments though, and I'm sure you'll welcome the constructive feedback.

1 - Those chips look a bit undercooked to me - I think several shades darker would enhance their flavour. I've linked to a pantone chart here that may help you:

http://realaccesspromo.com/PMSColorChart

I would recommend aiming for PMS 123, but feel free to experiement within the range.

2 - The egg, while well formed, may be a little too undercooked also (is a theme emerging here?). Consider the threat of salmonella, and then decide the risk level you feel comfortable with. If you would like me to forward over a risk assessment form please let me know, although I expect you have your own.

3 - I think some ham is missing. Or perhaps a duet of sausages?

4 - I see no evidence of ketchup. I can only assume this photo was taken before the aforementioned condiment was added?

I hope this helps you reflect on your breakfasting choices, and perhaps make some improvements going forward. I hope you can provide us with some updates in due course.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    Hmm... that's an unusual breakfast choice, but fair enough.

I have a few comments though, and I'm sure you'll welcome the constructive feedback.

1 - Those chips look a bit undercooked to me - I think several shades darker would enhance their flavour. I've linked to a pantone chart here that may help you:

http://realaccesspromo.com/PMSColorChart

I would recommend aiming for PMS 123, but feel free to experiement within the range.

2 - The egg, while well formed, may be a little too undercooked also (is a theme emerging here?). Consider the threat of salmonella, and then decide the risk level you feel comfortable with. If you would like me to forward over a risk assessment form please let me know, although I expect you have your own.

3 - I think some ham is missing. Or perhaps a duet of sausages?

4 - I see no evidence of ketchup. I can only assume this photo was taken before the aforementioned condiment was added?

I hope this helps you reflect on your breakfasting choices, and perhaps make some improvements going forward. I hope you can provide us with some updates in due course.
    I've now seen the error in my ways and after reflecting on my breakfast choices I've opted for the improved offering, courtesy of my local

I once watched a TV programme called 3-2-1, from memory it starred a bin called Dusty. No-one wanted him which was a shame as, for a bin, he seemed to be a cheery fellow. Can't remember any stenciled letters on him, or any other kind of alphanumeric markings for that matter. I wonder what he's doing now?

And all this reminds me that I need to pop out at some point for some "o"s - thanks, chaps.

Quote Originally Posted by CardShark View Post
    I once watched a TV programme called 3-2-1, from memory it starred a bin called Dusty. No-one wanted him which was a shame as, for a bin, he seemed to be a cheery fellow. Can't remember any stenciled letters on him, or any other kind of alphanumeric markings for that matter. I wonder what he's doing now?

And all this reminds me that I need to pop out at some point for some "o"s - thanks, chaps.
    Like CardShark, I too wonder what happened to some of the characters from our past. When I were a lad I used to read the Eagle comic, and some of the strips were sponsored by manufacturers. For instance there was a strip called The Adventures of Tommy Walls, a lad who did heroic feats, and then made a W sign with his hands - he was sponsored by Walls Ice Cream.

Rowntrees sponsored the adventures of three sailors called Minty, Fruity and Scotty, named after the three flavours of their Polo brand.

Now we all know that Minty Polo is still around, and I'm pretty sure that Scotty went on to be the chief engineer on a space ship, but does anybody know what happened to Fruity?

The last I knew was that he was going to Tangier for some important surgery but I've not heard a word since. Anyone?

Master
    The steward at my local watering hole advised me of a new arrival in the gin section last night, Hoxton Gin, infused with grapefruit and coconut, served long with fever tree naturally light tonic and slice of grapefruit.

I though it was a jolly refreshing drop, Bernard however suggested that it bordered on a cocktail, was suspiciously camp and definitely too european for our small south coast village and if I wanted to drink such things Brighton was but a short train ride away.

Obviously I apologised immediately to Bernard for the shock caused and advised that I deferred to him on all matters camp and Brighton given he spent his formative years as a active resident.

Quote Originally Posted by grey View Post
    Please tell me that is not a euphemism, and you really had a Mabel keepsake.
    It's absolutely true. When I was a child we had a lovely old lady living next door called Mrs Pickles who, unfortunately, passed away. I'm not sure of the detail but I think my parents helped her two daughters to clear the house and I ended up, at my suggestion, with her pink eiderdown. It was a lovely old thing and I had it for a few years. I suspect my Mum had to find a moment when I wasn't looking to throw it out as it must have eventually gotten quite tatty.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    It's absolutely true. When I was a child we had a lovely old lady living next door called Mrs Pickles who, unfortunately, passed away. I'm not sure of the detail but I think my parents helped her two daughters to clear the house and I ended up, at my suggestion, with her pink eiderdown. It was a lovely old thing and I had it for a few years. I suspect my Mum had to find a moment when I wasn't looking to throw it out as it must have eventually gotten quite tatty.
    A mother knows best when to throw away your pink eiderdown. Could be a whole new thread - what age were you when your mother threw your pink eiderdown etc?

Even better in BP, a 'Do you think member xyz's mother ever ​threw his pink eiderdown away?' thread.

Quote Originally Posted by grey View Post
    A mother knows best when to throw away your pink eiderdown. Could be a whole new thread - what age were you when your mother threw your pink eiderdown etc?

Even better in BP, a 'Do you think member xyz's mother ever ​threw his pink eiderdown away?' thread.

I know one or two members who most certainly still sleep under their pink elderdowns.

Imagine my shock and disappointment when I found out this morning that there were only two eggs left in the box - even though it said clearly "six eggs" on the outside. I would not have expected this to happen in this day and age - after all we are supposed to live in the information age? What can one rely on nowadays if not the contents of an egg box? I wonder if this isn't a case for the European Court?

I shall post a villain thread in any case to warn themembership.

That sort of unnecessary shock ^^^^^^ can ruin my day.

Yesterday I was driving to an appointment and a sign on the motorway said 'Delays expected until May'.

I thought 'Crikey, I'm supposed to be there at twelve'.

But is was all a big fib. I was only delayed for twenty minutes, but I turned up very shaken.

As it was they still had plenty of haddock, but had run out of fishcakes.