Using a sniper app isn't pointless because it puts you at an advantage over anyone who doesn't use a sniper (and there are plenty who don't) and you are also therefore not at a disadvantage to other snipers.

If you were all to have snipers then it simply boils down to who had placed the highest bid, the same as a normal auction if everyone didn't have a sniper. Which reverts me back to my original statement of saying that they're pointless. If someone has a higher bid than you and doesn't use a sniper it's pointless. if someone has a higher bid than you and has a sniper it's pointless. I assume that if someone has the same bid as you and you both have snipers it boils down to whos sniper is the quickest which is again pointless. The only time it's worthwhile is that if you have a highest bid and use the sniper, in which case you might of just aswell done a stupid high bid if you really wanted the item. It seems it's got nothing to do with reaction times but moreover the value you place on the item?