closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 2 nasty crashes at the Goodwood Members Meeting Today

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    as much as I care for the well being of the said drivers, I just cant get my head around this racing mentality, you go fast in a car, with other cars, taking risks on every corner, for the win etc.

then someone crashes, possibly dies and we call this fun? its like boxing to me, senseless .

Moto GP is another scale of madness altogether.
    Horse Racing, Ski Racing, Boxing, Rugby, American Football, Darts (OK, you're most likely to die of heart disease here), etc - Many sports have inherent risks associated with them.

Chess is reasonably safe, I believe...

M

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Horse Racing, Ski Racing, Boxing, Rugby, American Football, Darts (OK, you're most likely to die of heart disease here), etc - Many sports have inherent risks associated with them.

Chess is reasonably safe, I believe...

M
    yes, and I seriously dont get any of the above with the exception of darts, football although risky is OK, any full contact sport like Ice Hockey etc. should be banned, and in the distant future I believe it will be, we are just not ready for it yet.

We could just live in a small box - not do anything and then die ?

That sounds like fun.

Life is a risk.. how much risk you fancy is upto you...

Imagine if we all drove at 80mph, three abreast, yards apart jostling for position with 40ft lorries, coaches and loons in repmobiles trying to get to their next sale; separated by a flimsy metal barrier with the same coming in the opposite direction!

Now that would be madness; imagine how many would die in a year if we let this happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Big View Post
    Imagine if we all drove at 80mph, three abreast, yards apart jostling for position with 40ft lorries, coaches and loons in repmobiles trying to get to their next sale; separated by a flimsy metal barrier with the same coming in the opposite direction!

Now that would be madness; imagine how many would die in a year if we let this happen.
    I agree ,
    Racing is controlled and marshalled. First aid on site......crash on the m1 (a lot more likely) and your on your own for quite a while,

wow, how lucky was that?! Hope they both get well soon and shake it off asap..

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mattleicester View Post
    I agree ,
    Racing is controlled and marshalled. First aid on site......crash on the m1 (a lot more likely) and your on your own for quite a while,
    Over here (in Spain) a stunningly high number of 33 deaths in traffic accidents over 2015 Easter alone because of a great many extra displacements to see religious processions: Just a footnote in Monday's newspaper, never mind a collective international 'I am motorist' mourning protests...

Chap in the 1st vid is one of my best mate's Dad's. I've known him for 20 years.

He has more injuries than just a broken collar bone.

Poor chap was just minding his business when he got side swiped by the other car and almost killed.

A few pro driver folks who have reviewed the video, said it is a miracle he wasn't killed, given that any landing or roll onto the top of the car would have taken his head off.

If you watch the video again now, knowing that the car has zero head protection for the occupant, you realise just how lucky he was.
    Last edited by mr noble; 24th March 2016 at 11:00. Reason: SPAG

yes, and I seriously dont get any of the above with the exception of darts, football although risky is OK, any full contact sport like Ice Hockey etc. should be banned, and in the distant future I believe it will be, we are just not ready for it yet.
    Not sure if you're serious...

M

Master
    Yes and we should all wrap ourselves in bubble wrap just to be on the safe side........as for me, I'm off to the TT for some real excitement..

Master
    In 24 years of competing in motorsport my worst injury was getting jagged badly on some gorse bushes after rolling my car on the Galloway Hills Rally. I believe that fishing is the sport that registers the most deaths....