closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Another inane thread.

Hybrid View

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by grey View Post
    We went to Tesco's yesterday so we've got the rest of the week to worry about now.

I had intended to buy some stick-on numbers for our wheelie bins (3 - black, green, black with a blue lid - I suspect a cock-up in the planning department at the manufacturer on that last one and I told Doreen).

Anyway, I digress. They had packets of ten numbers (0 to 9) at Tesco. So I thought about it for a while and when I caught up with Doreen who was buying 'Value' scones (49p for 10) to feed the birds she said 'You've been gone nearly half an hour, I'd begun to worry about you'.

I said 'I'm quite upset, I worked out I'll have to buy three packets of numbers to address the issue of our wheelie bins, and then I'm (I didn't say 'we' as I don't want her to get worked up about it) going to have twenty four spare numbers to worry about'.

Far from getting worked up about it she said 'Well, why don't you put the remaining numbers up for sale, but as a 'freebie', at that watch club of yours. I'm sure someone will snap them up'.

Well, you live with someone since just after the Old King died and can still get surprised by them after all this time. What a woman!

What a day.
    Faced with that dilemma I'd have made a stencil with my house name / number and sprayed that on the bins, only need to make one stencil and buy one spray can.

Quote Originally Posted by Davis View Post
    Faced with that dilemma I'd have made a stencil with my house name / number and sprayed that on the bins, only need to make one stencil and buy one spray can.
    Now there's a man with a bit of nous!

If i needed to, i think i'd also use the stencil method. However our bins already have numbers on.
    Our bin day is a Monday. Except for bank holidays of course.

On another note, my Honda is due a service in about 500 miles.