closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Eight things you need to know about the 2016 Rolex Air King

Hybrid View

Master
    Love the button on the dashboard that says "Rolex Power". Wonder what it does...

Quote Originally Posted by 744ER View Post
    Love the button on the dashboard that says "Rolex Power". Wonder what it does...

Turns on the juice to the electrically powered speedo & chronograph? Doesn't mention 'mechanical' in this article:

http://www.bloodhoundssc.com/news/ro...truments-speed
    ______

​Jim.

I think its an absolute bloody shame that rolex didn't stick more closely to the cockpit clock and stuck the silver numerals on.

lt will, however, amuse me to watch the phenomenon of crown-induced blindness kick in over the next few weeks and people reversing their initial objective first impressions.

It has, it seems, already begun...

Eight things you need to know about the 2016 Rolex Air King

Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post
    Turns on the juice to the electrically powered speedo & chronograph? Doesn't mention 'mechanical' in this article:

http://www.bloodhoundssc.com/news/ro...truments-speed
    Thanks, I read this and some of the related articles. I thought it was disappointing TBH. As far as I can see the two cockpit 'instruments' are effectively backlit sponsorship logos. The speedo is a back up to the digital display in the cockpit, in the event of a 'systems failure', a scenario which would surely cause the immediate termination of a run. The 'clock' is I think primarily an electric chronograph (hence the power on button etc.). Fine as far as it goes but I'm pretty sure that Andy Green will not be pressing stop and go as he passes the markers. I'm as much of a sucker for marketing tie ins as anyone else but as far as I can see these 'instruments' have less connection to a real watch than this does:

PS Not anti-Rolex BTW, I really like some of them and the heritage.
    Last edited by alfat33; 26th March 2016 at 11:39.