closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Boeing 737 Max ?

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    for example you can lose about 3/4 of your hydraulic systems and have a perfectly flyable aircraft.
    Makes you wonder why there is 100% of useable hydraulics there in the first place ?

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    Makes you wonder why there is 100% of useable hydraulics there in the first place ?
    Because landing with alternate brakes, not having an AP or stab, spending 5 minutes getting your flaps down and not being able to get the gear back up on a go around up isn’t ideal for normal day-to-day ops. But I suspect you already knew that.
    Last edited by Christian; 22nd February 2020 at 18:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Because landing with alternate brakes, not having an AP or stab, spending 5 minutes getting your flaps down and not being able to get the gear back up on a go around up isn’t ideal for normal day-to-day ops. But I suspect you already knew that.
    Of course I did.......
    So, essentially not a perfectly flyable aircraft then (but can be flown in a push)

But I do agree, it's an otherwise shame for essentially the biggest or at least best known manufacturer to be having such massive problems.

The 73Max saga is a real shame. Boeing used to make some lovely aircraft. The 777 is an absolute beast and it’s redundancy is genius...for example you can lose about 3/4 of your hydraulic systems and have an aircraft with handling qualities not dissimilar to a 707. I’d choose old school Boeing over airbus any day.