closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Show your Sinn watches & TZ-UK Sinn photo base

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post

Cheers dave. This puppy was sold on ebay recently. Nine times out of ten i think the used/patina thing is overhyped, but I think this is absolutely gorgeous.
    Yeah I saw that one as well, unfortunately after it sold, looking for a nice 3H (Andy Tims' one is in great nick)

- - - Updated - - -

the germans do make a nice tool watch. no doubt about it.

tutima, don't forget tutima.

Journeyman

856, non-UTC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are the subdials truly that creamy yellow? Just been googling it and they look far less warm in the stock images.

Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    Are the subdials truly that creamy yellow? Just been googling it and they look far less warm in the stock images.
    I think that it depends on the lighting conditions, they can range in appearance from silver to a lovely buttermilk shade. The tight concentric rings seem to catch the light without being overly reflective.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    I think that it depends on the lighting conditions, they can range in appearance from silver to a lovely buttermilk shade. The tight concentric rings seem to catch the light without being overly reflective.

So lovely to see some colour outside too - makes a refreshing change from the current gray-scale over here.

Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    Yes, they are a sort of slightly gilded (metallic, but matte/eggshell, not super shiny) cream colour. The exact tone does vary depending on the lighting.

Journeyman

Cheers dave. This puppy was sold on ebay recently. Nine times out of ten i think the used/patina thing is overhyped, but I think this is absolutely gorgeous.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

I really like the centre minutes and seconds chrono on that one. Much cleaner than subdials.

Craftsman
    Sinn 156

Quote Originally Posted by WVE60 View Post
    Sinn 156

Really nice Sinn !

Master

Stunner!!

Quote Originally Posted by WVE60 View Post
    Sinn 156

Had the Sinn and the Heuer variant of this!!!
    Both stunning!!

Chris

:)

Master

Sent from my SM-J330FN using TZ-UK mobile app

UX GSG SDR

Craftsman
    I went up to Chronomaster on Thursday and met Neil for the first time. I wanted to look at a Sinn 103 and the U212. Neil didn’t have the 103 that was shown on his website but he told me via email that he had “a similar version”... one I saw it, I had to have it

The 103 is listed on the warrantee card as a St Sa but I can't find photos or info on this version with Red hands?

In the past I have said that I don't like Arabic numerals, even less so when some of the 1-12 are missing..... but I've found myself really liking this particular watch. Oh and at 41mm x 17mm it doesn't feel too small and light either.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by PDR; 20th January 2018 at 12:31.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PDR View Post

The 103 is listed on the warrantee card as a St Sa but I can't find photos or info on this version with Red hands?
    I presume it was pre-owned then? Did Neil not have any info about those hands? The normal chrono hands on a 103 look very different - those look like the hands of a 144 to me.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    I presume it was pre-owned then? Did Neil not have any info about those hands? The normal chrono hands on a 103 look very different - those look like the hands of a 144 to me.
    No, he told me that it was New. I didn't know how long he had it in stock though... I guess I should send him an e-mail and inquire.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by PDR;4638091[IMG
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180120/73f1c3c0baeb87cc434c5a0bf5ee5aae.jpg[/IMG]
    Just an update.... I had an email back from Neil and he tells me that this was a special edition that he had commissioned by the Sinn factory.

I'm even more pleased with it now.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PDR View Post
    Just an update.... I had an email back from Neil and he tells me that this was a special edition that he had commissioned by the Sinn factory.

I'm even more pleased with it now.
    Nice.

Updated photo from last week's Friday thread since acquiring a 103 Ti bracelet (the SELs fit the LE perfectly, so much nicer than the folded end links of the standard one) and it is just back from Frankfurt. After a long time plucking up the courage to get it properly serviced, it is lovely to have it back on the wrist. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Wolff View Post
    Updated photo from last week's Friday thread since acquiring a 103 Ti bracelet (the SELs fit the LE perfectly, so much nicer than the folded end links of the standard one) and it is just back from Frankfurt. After a long time plucking up the courage to get it properly serviced, it is lovely to have it back on the wrist. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy
    Funnily enough my EZM1 (non-LE) was originally sold with a Ti 103 Massivarmband (with SELs) to an owner in Oz as a special order. Endlinks are stamped 103. So much nicer than rattly folding ones.

Unfortunately, I spoke too soon and it's on its way back to Sinn. This is one that may deserve a write up in the Damasko/Sinn servicing thread...

Unfortunately, I spoke too soon and it's on its way back to Sinn. This is one that may deserve a write up in the Damasko/Sinn servicing thread...
    Oh dear. Didn't these start out with some issues when they were first released?

Master
    Picked this up recently and whilst it's keeping good time on the wrist, it's more erratic on the timegrapher so unless it settles down a service will be in order. Still undecided about what to do in terms of whether to tidy up the case and hands or leave it as is which is proudly battered and bruised, slightly favouring the latter at present.

Craftsman
    Having a play about with straps on my new ezm3. Not sure if I like the distressed leather or not?

Craftsman
    I like a bit of rubber

Master
    Sinn 856 which must be vying for most legible dial out there. Keep thinking I don't need it as I've an Explorer but everytime I go to box it up its simplicity appeals and I can't 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by deepreddave View Post
    Sinn 856 which must be vying for most legible dial out there. Keep thinking I don't need it as I've an Explorer but everytime I go to box it up its simplicity appeals and I can't 
    My grab and go. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by deepreddave View Post
    Sinn 856 which must be vying for most legible dial out there. Keep thinking I don't need it as I've an Explorer but everytime I go to box it up its simplicity appeals and I can't 

Wear that bad boy with pride

Journeyman

Wear that bad boy with pride

Master

My blue beauty has arrived!!

Quote Originally Posted by subchris View Post
    Looks great on the bracelet, Chris.

Master

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    Looks great on the bracelet, Chris.

Cheers mate!!
    It looks so nice in person!!!!!!!!!!
    I don’t want to say it’s a keeper and it’s the one but dear god it’s right up my ally!!

Chris

Master

This is stunning.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Master

Oh yeh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    This is stunning.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
    Thanks!!
    I was so annoyed when I missed the pre order with Jura that I was determined to track one down at some point and given that it’s not loads of money tied up I hope to keep this long term!!
    I have like others said this before and sometimes needs must but I can’t tell you another watch at most price points I would rather have!!
    Given the limited 500 watch run and the colour it’s just beautiful!!
    I’m not sure whether the German day wheel will grow on me but I am a huge Sinn 103 fan of any variant so I can easily live with it and after all it’s part of what makes it Sinn!!!!

Chris

Master

Show your Sinn watches & TZ-UK Sinn photo base

Put it straight onto the bracelet from my other 103 which makes it so comfortable for me anyway!!

Put it straight onto the bracelet from my other 103 which makes it so comfortable for me anyway!!

very nice Chris!
    looks great on the bracelet

Spectacular watch! No. 1 on my list, love the subdials and blue color.

Master

Creamy!!

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Goyne View Post
    Spectacular watch! No. 1 on my list, love the subdials and blue color.

It’s even better than I thought it would be ?!?!?!
    The sundials are actually creamy and the plots look green in some lights and even yellowish in others!!
    The blue leather strap lightens the whole blue affect and the NATO makes it look even lighter?!??
    I’m wearing it on the bracelet at the moment which is really nice, doesn’t feel as high as I thought it would given the clear back on the case !!

Chris

Master
    My first Sinn and the realisation of a long-term grail:

I've not quite captured it here, but in some pics shot straight on I found the watch looks very flat and two dimensional, but figured it was just a trick of the light/the flat bezel, but at certain times already I've noticed this with the physical watch too. Still, from even a slight angle there's a lot of dimensions to it and the double-AR really does make the crystal disappear if you catch it the right way.

It's my first time trying out an integrated strap (other than a bracelet) too and it looks as good in reality as pics. Personally I find having whatever type of strap integrated to the case make it all look a bit cleaner and sleeker and Sinn have pulled it off beautifully with the U1.

Has anybody tried one of the BC/Watchgecko rubber natos on a U1 and found it's not sturdy enough to hold the watch head weight?

Craftsman

Show your Sinn watches & TZ-UK Sinn photo base

Quote Originally Posted by andy100 View Post
    My first Sinn and the realisation of a long-term grail:

I've not quite captured it here, but in some pics shot straight on I found the watch looks very flat and two dimensional, but figured it was just a trick of the light/the flat bezel, but at certain times already I've noticed this with the physical watch too. Still, from even a slight angle there's a lot of dimensions to it and the double-AR really does make the crystal disappear if you catch it the right way.

It's my first time trying out an integrated strap (other than a bracelet) too and it looks as good in reality as pics. Personally I find having whatever type of strap integrated to the case make it all look a bit cleaner and sleeker and Sinn have pulled it off beautifully with the U1.

Has anybody tried one of the BC/Watchgecko rubber natos on a U1 and found it's not sturdy enough to hold the watch head weight?
    I wore my U1 on a variety of straps but found it wore a little to high for my liking on a rubber nato. I used to cut the smaller part of the strap off to lower it a little.
    I had the SDR version and loved it but had to let it go as it was a bit excessive as my work watch. If my watch budget had allowed I would loved to have kept it for more casual use.

The only pic I can find on my phone! Please forgive the sausage. In the foreground....

Master
    Arrived today from Qatar-wol, my very first Sinn. Wanted one for a while and always hankered after a UX. Bloody love it!

Bracelet wanted next as the leather strap is unworn & far too big for me!

Master
    These are my two!
    Chris, I didn’t know that Heuer made one.
    Sinn, kobold bell and Ross did, Hamilton produced something very similar but haven’t seen a Heuer branded one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ar.parask View Post
    These are my two!
    Chris, I didn’t know that Heuer made one.
    Sinn, kobold bell and Ross did, Hamilton produced something very similar but haven’t seen a Heuer branded one.

Heuer Bund?

Master
    Heuer Bund?
    Duh!
    Haha.
    I thought that there might be a Heuer with the lemania 5100 movement around!
    But yes the bund looks lovely and so does Sinn 155!

Master

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Ar.parask View Post
    Duh!
    Haha.
    I thought that there might be a Heuer with the lemania 5100 movement around!
    But yes the bund looks lovely and so does Sinn 155!

Absolutely!! Heuer Bund is a stunner and I’ve had two but the manual wind just isn’t for me!!
    Although if I had enough money just to display them then I’d have each dial variation of the Heuer Bund, Sinn and Bell & Ross as this style is my favourite watch!

Chris