closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: TZUK Running Club

Hybrid View

Well done to all involved, some staggering times!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

parkrun Jabłonna in Poland for me today - ran OK and my knee that's been troubling me for the last few weeks was trouble-free but I'm still wheezing like I'm on 40 Park Drive a day.

I was here because it was the venue for the parkrun World Tourists meetup in Europe this year. There were other meetups happening today in Aus, US and Namibia. Approx 50 pWT members turned up, mostly from Europe (and most of them for the UK) but there were also parkrun tourists from the US, Aus, NZ and South Africa. The parkrun itself was a really nice one, three laps on trails through woods. The local equivalent of the WI were there too and cooked for us some local stew, cheese dumplings, apple cake etc

p.s, Andrzej - you may already know this as we were out as a group last night and I was talking to another Harrow RD (Simon) who said he was going to message you on your RD whatsapp group. Small world!

First time at Market Harborough parkrun today, our second closest run after Rutland Water. Basically three laps of the park in the town centre. Bit congested at times because some of the paths are quite narrow and after the first lap you start catching up with the back markers. Nice and flat though, and bagged me a PB: 23:21. They had pacers today so tried to stick with the 22 mins lad, but no chance!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    parkrun Jabłonna in Poland for me today - ran OK and my knee that's been troubling me for the last few weeks was trouble-free but I'm still wheezing like I'm on 40 Park Drive a day.

p.s, Andrzej - you may already know this as we were out as a group last night and I was talking to another Harrow RD (Simon) who said he was going to message you on your RD whatsapp group. Small world!
    Well done Andrew - Simon did message me to say you had met up. I have done 2 of the parkruns in Warsaw - over New Year last year. I had hoped to do the same in Gdansk this year, but couldn't. I am (very) slowly trying to get back to some semblance of fitness. But struggling as I may never be able to cycle again since being hit by a car. Pulled out of the Duathlon World Champs in Australia, and the European Middle Distance duathlon in Germany next month.

Blog Entries
    Race 1 (of 3) this week of the Great Yarmouth Prom 5 Mile Series.

Managed 38:48 which is someway off my course best of 37:07 two years ago. Race 2 and 3 are over the next month so some work to do, mentally.

And I got photo bombed on the line…… I’m in pink socks.

Pitch

Master
    Good running Pitch! Unsure about the socks lol

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    Good running Pitch! Unsure about the socks lol
    My racing socks, match my racing face buddy LOL

Pitch

Master
    Very sadly parkrun have doubled down on their decision to remove the statistics, and now gone further and said that the next step will removal of even more information. Personally I liked all the figures, and if visiting another run I would always look to see how I would do in my age group. Plus it gave me an incentive to try and improve my times.
    Such a shame - in case you can read this Parkrun to delete runners' statistics as it prepares to double down in records row (telegraph.co.uk)