closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132
Results 1,551 to 1,581 of 1581

Thread: TZUK Running Club

Master
    Great going all.

FK sorry to hear about your illness, what bad luck. However, still a phenomenal time, many congratulations.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    FK sorry to hear about your illness, what bad luck. However, still a phenomenal time, many congratulations.
    Cheers. It was a hard pill to swallow after getting to my fittest ever. But with each passing day I feel happier about what I managed. The ear infection is gone but I have still not recovered from the cold, lungs still not clear, which just proves to me how bad it was (and that I shouldn’t have done it lol). Plus the training isn’t lost. In fact the race itself would have given me a significant training benefit, at least mentally if not physiologically.

Well done to all involved, some staggering times!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

parkrun Jabłonna in Poland for me today - ran OK and my knee that's been troubling me for the last few weeks was trouble-free but I'm still wheezing like I'm on 40 Park Drive a day.

I was here because it was the venue for the parkrun World Tourists meetup in Europe this year. There were other meetups happening today in Aus, US and Namibia. Approx 50 pWT members turned up, mostly from Europe (and most of them for the UK) but there were also parkrun tourists from the US, Aus, NZ and South Africa. The parkrun itself was a really nice one, three laps on trails through woods. The local equivalent of the WI were there too and cooked for us some local stew, cheese dumplings, apple cake etc

p.s, Andrzej - you may already know this as we were out as a group last night and I was talking to another Harrow RD (Simon) who said he was going to message you on your RD whatsapp group. Small world!

First time at Market Harborough parkrun today, our second closest run after Rutland Water. Basically three laps of the park in the town centre. Bit congested at times because some of the paths are quite narrow and after the first lap you start catching up with the back markers. Nice and flat though, and bagged me a PB: 23:21. They had pacers today so tried to stick with the 22 mins lad, but no chance!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    parkrun Jabłonna in Poland for me today - ran OK and my knee that's been troubling me for the last few weeks was trouble-free but I'm still wheezing like I'm on 40 Park Drive a day.

p.s, Andrzej - you may already know this as we were out as a group last night and I was talking to another Harrow RD (Simon) who said he was going to message you on your RD whatsapp group. Small world!
    Well done Andrew - Simon did message me to say you had met up. I have done 2 of the parkruns in Warsaw - over New Year last year. I had hoped to do the same in Gdansk this year, but couldn't. I am (very) slowly trying to get back to some semblance of fitness. But struggling as I may never be able to cycle again since being hit by a car. Pulled out of the Duathlon World Champs in Australia, and the European Middle Distance duathlon in Germany next month.

Blog Entries
    Race 1 (of 3) this week of the Great Yarmouth Prom 5 Mile Series.

Managed 38:48 which is someway off my course best of 37:07 two years ago. Race 2 and 3 are over the next month so some work to do, mentally.

And I got photo bombed on the line…… I’m in pink socks.

Pitch

Master
    Good running Pitch! Unsure about the socks lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Anyone ever got 400/500 miles out of shoes ?
    I have probably had 400+ miles out of a pair of saycony ( guide/glide 14 I think...)
    Used as my main pair (other than 1 trail pair of altras) used a few times a week, every week.

They are long past there best, got swapped out a week ago but still in the rotation. I do very little "speed" work..just plodding along for a couple of ultras this year building to 100k.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    Good running Pitch! Unsure about the socks lol
    My racing socks, match my racing face buddy LOL

Pitch

Master
    Very sadly parkrun have doubled down on their decision to remove the statistics, and now gone further and said that the next step will removal of even more information. Personally I liked all the figures, and if visiting another run I would always look to see how I would do in my age group. Plus it gave me an incentive to try and improve my times.
    Such a shame - in case you can read this Parkrun to delete runners' statistics as it prepares to double down in records row (telegraph.co.uk)

Quote Originally Posted by Andrzej View Post
    Very sadly parkrun have doubled down on their decision to remove the statistics, and now gone further and said that the next step will removal of even more information. Personally I liked all the figures, and if visiting another run I would always look to see how I would do in my age group. Plus it gave me an incentive to try and improve my times.
    Such a shame - in case you can read this Parkrun to delete runners' statistics as it prepares to double down in records row (telegraph.co.uk)
    Well that's annoying (I got to read enough of the article before the paywall kicked in). It strikes me as a pretty wrong-headed move by Parkrun, in fact the whole thing does. I don't really understand why they think that the existence of the statistics is any kind of impediment to inclusivity. Parkrun is a wonderful thing, but this seems so petty and odd.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Master
    They’ve completely misread their audience in my view. My kids do the junior Parkrun and as soon as we get home every Sunday I get a constant “Are the results up yet????” Every 5 minutes until they go up!

My wee lad is only 5 and he lives for a new PB and to see where his class mates finished

Master
    The mention of "paywall" by Dave is where Parkrun should go. If anyone (like me) wants the figures then pay £1 per week, or whatever. If 100,000 of their 9 million registered runners then want to see the stats, that gives the charity over £5 million a year!

Master
    ^^ whilst I don't agree completely, I wouldn't begrudge the fee if it meant the results were still there

Like it or not, sport is competitive, and I know parkrun was set up to get people off their ar5e but it can do both

If they get rid of the results completely, that's me done with them, even though I've only really just started. I'm not a great runner but I've steadily improved, and I like seeing how I get on compared to everybody else. If it just becomes an uncompetiitve fun run, well I can do that on any day of the week with one of dozens of local social running groups.

Master
    Agree with all above. parkrun without visible results is not parkrun I’m afraid.

Blog Entries
    Half price with my health insurance, the rocker is crazy aggressive.

Endorphin Pro 4’s coming as well and then I need to decide.

Pitch

Master
    Cielo?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    Cielo?
    Yep, indeed.

Pitch

Master
    They’re really good IMO, really nice forward roll.

They may have replaced my Saucony Elites!

Will be interested to hear what you think!

Blog Entries
    I’m pretty much covered with race shoes, Takumi’s and Adios Pro 3’s but my NB Fuelcell Elites (V2 & V3’s) have done a mountain of long run and easy miles and are giving up.

Lots on YouTube keep saying how much fun these are so thought I would try them at £125. I’m not intending anything quick in these but who knows.

Will let you have my thoughts, I may chuck them in for an easy Parkrun Saturday.

Pitch
    Last edited by Pitch3110; 2nd May 2024 at 21:22.

Master
    All so very individual - I have had 4 pairs of Hokas (such as Clifton), and find that the cushioning is too soft, just not responsive enough. The only ones I really like are the CarbonX and they are fine.

Master
    Just purchased Nnormal Tomir 2 as my do anything Trail shoe. First run on Saturday so will see how they go.

https://www.nnormal.com/en_GB/women/....0-N2ZTR02-005

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrzej View Post
    All so very individual - I have had 4 pairs of Hokas (such as Clifton), and find that the cushioning is too soft, just not responsive enough. The only ones I really like are the CarbonX and they are fine.
    Hoka have never been on my radar and generally don't figure in our AC. Up until the Rocket X2 and the Cielo X1 there was nothing that excited and for me they were well off the mark. But, that has changed and I hoping these are going to make me smile...

Pitch

Every pair of Hokas I've tried come up too narrow for my taste.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Blog Entries
    Well really enjoyed the Cielo x1 for this mornings Parkrun.

Initial trot to the start was a bit ermm but once up on my forefoot and running they just had me smiling the whole 3.1 miles. A lot of the reviews were generally what a fun thing to run in and I would agree totally.

I averaged 7:28 min/mile which is about 10k target pace and once rolling it was really comfortable they turn/roll over so well.

I like them lots and they will get many miles but Takumi’s and Pro 3’s will remain the race choice.

Pitch

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave E View Post
    Every pair of Hokas I've tried come up too narrow for my taste.
    I go half a size up in Hokas despite having narrow feet.

Not a fan of the brand ... tried Carbon X and Carbon X3 which both gave me injuries very quickly. Although I have used Bondi 6 and 8 - the only positive thing about those was that with plantar fasciitis pain they were the most comfortable to walk/run in. Agree with the soft cushioning comment above too. Running in the Bondis was hard work for me and I always found my HR quite high despite doing recovery pace. Perhaps their new race shoes are worth a try at some point but right now I have several years' worth of races covered with my Nike stock :)

My pair of Asics Metaspeed Sky Paris arrived yesterday, and I wore them at Abbey Park parkrun this morning. Nicest running shoes I've ever worn. They fit beautifully straight out of the box, and are both stupidly comfy but also amazingly responsive. Love them.

Grand Master
    Having being an active runner for 53 years I have to smile at some of the shoe-related comments on this thread. Shoes need to be comfortable and feel 'right', that's the top and bottom of it, what works for one runner won't necessarily work for another, but don't be fooled into thinking they make you run faster.

I`ve yet to see an input on this thread from someone who's any more than a glorified jogger, running 7-8 mins/mile is brisk jogging whichever way you look at it, and at that modest level your shoes are not going to make you run faster. The faster guys who run around 5.5 mins/mile might make gains from different shoes, but those gains will be marginal at best. I think some of you guys are fooling yourselves, but if the shoes feel right and give you a psychological edge I guess that's sound justification. Sound training, managing your weight/lifestyle, good diet plus a decent dose of natural ability are far more important in my experience than shoes!

At 66 I can manage 6 miles at around 8 mins/mile pace, the box of medals in the loft from 50 years ago gives me no advantage and neither does the fact that I ran 16:50 for 5k as a 15 year old, I`m just another old jogger thesedays who could get round a parkrun in around 24 mins, but I still have a good insight into the sport, I know what works and what doesn`t. Strongly advise a few of you to put more emphasis onto solid training and worry less about your shoes!

Master
    walkerwek1958 which carbon plated, high stack, responsive cushioned shoe(s) have you tried before reaching the above conclusion?