closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Driving with broken ankle

Master

Driving with broken ankle

Unfortunately I broke and dislocated my ankle at the weekend and am currently in hospital awaiting surgery tomorrow to pin it back together. All being well I should be discharged by the end of the week. The thing is that we were supposed to be going to stay with friends in the Forest of Dean next week, with me driving us from our house in north-east London so a 360+ mile round trip. It’s my left ankle that’s broken and I have an electric car so in theory no issue with me driving but has anyone done it?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Yes, I have a permanently damaged ankle, up to op number eight soon, only issue is if you drive with the boot on it could be argued that you are not in full control of the car, I took mine off when driving

Master
    Have you been told by a medical person that you shouldn't drive? If so, then don't as you'll (obviously) invalidate your insurance.

Otherwise, crack on. One of the reasons I have an EV is that I'm awaiting 2 operations on my left hip which makes operating a manual gearbox tricky. As you say, you don't use your left leg for anything, but just make sure you can sit comfortably behind the wheel and that you're not in total agony.