closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New Christopher Ward Twelve open dial ti

Hybrid View

Obviously a lot lot nicer, but my first thought was it reminded me of my old Swatch Irony Auto "Body and Soul"...used to love that watch when I was in my teens! As a consequence, this appeals...love the design of the whole watch...but couldn't drop £4k on it.

Master
    A very nice piece indeed, particularly the thoughtful attention to lume on the track as well as the handset. I like the industrial feel to it, and the bracelet looks amazing.

£4K however would be spent on a Sinn or Damasko first for me though, CW would be some way down the queue.

But I applaud the design and the 'different from the norm' approach. They are truly quality watchmakers.

Master
    Also, it reminds me of a Perrelet in its appearance. No bad thing.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I really like this and im hoping to get a good sniff round it in the metal shortly.
    Was just saying to a colleague that while Bremont is busy committing commercial suicide, CW has been sneaking up on the inside lane with some very nice releases.

Master
    There's a lot of emphasis on practicality in the marketing blurb - the "lightness, strength and durability" of the case, the convenience of the clasp, the five day power reserve, the timekeeping, the brightness of the lume. And yet the basic, principal function - being able to tell the time when you look at it - seems to me to have been seriously compromised by the absence of a dial.

Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    There's a lot of emphasis on practicality in the marketing blurb - the "lightness, strength and durability" of the case, the convenience of the clasp, the five day power reserve, the timekeeping, the brightness of the lume. And yet the basic, principal function - being able to tell the time when you look at it - seems to me to have been seriously compromised by the absence of a dial.

Totally agree, the lack on contrast between hands and dial always puts me off this style of watch.

Why not make the hands pop a bit more, this isn't going to be bought by someone with the eyesight of a hawk.

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    I really like this and im hoping to get a good sniff round it in the metal shortly.
    Was just saying to a colleague that while Bremont is busy committing commercial suicide, CW has been sneaking up on the inside lane with some very nice releases.

Well said

It's also worth noting that this watch uses CW's in-house movement, which is a lot more than a modded SW200, and that it's none less than Armin Strom who undertake the works skeletonising, so I'd view it as an affordable toe into the world of 'haute horlogerie' rather in the M.A.D. mould, instead of an overpriced CW.

It is also a 'halo' product for CW, just as with the Bel Canto - intended to shine a favourable light on their more mass-market offerings: it doesn't really matter too much how many sell, as it's done its job just by existing.

I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Well said

It's also worth noting that this watch uses CW's in-house movement, which is a lot more than a modded SW200, and that it's none less than Armin Strom who undertake the works skeletonising, so I'd view it as an affordable toe into the world of 'haute horlogerie' rather in the M.A.D. mould, instead of an overpriced CW.

It is also a 'halo' product for CW, just as with the Bel Canto - intended to shine a favourable light on their more mass-market offerings: it doesn't really matter too much how many sell, as it's done its job just by existing.

I like it.
    Very well put.

I don’t like it though.