closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: eBay,can be good at times

eBay,can be good at times

Having tried to sell my vintage yema on Sc with no success I thought I’d give eBay a try.so it was advertised for a week and only got one watcher,after the end of the auction I received an email from a guy in France.
    So I start communicating with this guy who tells me he’s got 2 but one has died and he’s really struggling to obtain parts.
    Anyway this guy starts telling me how great these are and how he was a French green beret and wore is on many tours in
    the 80s and how it took a few knocks ,even sending me pics of him wearing it while holding a machine gun.
    So wear in good health claude,happy eBay ending.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good result. There is a customer for every thing. If you can find them of course. Thumbs up EBay

Master
    Nice story.😃

Apprentice
    Nice to hear a good eBay related story for a change

A happy ending for both of you, nice one! ..... its not evil bay all the time :)

Craftsman
    The guy must be really happy :)

I really wanted that when it was on SC but it was my strict no more period! Good looking watch that I thought would have flown out Sales Corner door.

Master
    Love stories like this. Thanks for sharing :-)

Craftsman
    Good result for you both!
    Nice story!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Blond View Post
    Nice to hear a good eBay related story for a change
    It’s generally been a real exception to have a bad time on eBay in my experience…. Most people are reasonable on there…. I’ve posted tons of stuff off (non recorded) and nobody has claimed non arrival…

You just remember the odd dodgy one!

Master
    Good story! Yes I have had mainly positive experience on there. But selling something of value, I always fear the buyer claiming receiving the wrong item or saying they want to return and sending me back a fake, or something sinister and so usually try other means to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    It’s generally been a real exception to have a bad time on eBay in my experience…. Most people are reasonable on there…. I’ve posted tons of stuff off (non recorded) and nobody has claimed non arrival…

You just remember the odd dodgy one!
    This is my experience too - you get the occasional hiccup, but as the OP showed with the Yema it’s also a place to find things you just wouldn’t anywhere else.

Journeyman
    Ditto the eBay comments above. Otherwise we would be sticking 50p on everything and up at 5am to stand at a boots sale.
    I ha e had similar when remaking certain cars and rare car parts.

A nice worthwhile home for your watch also.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    I sold my old Longines on eBay recently, exchanged a few messages with the buyer and he seemed quite pleasant and really happy with the purchase :)

Journeyman
    Like many on here I have sold loads for items , just sold an old Seiko 7S26-0050 ..just got positive feedback, I think just be truthful in your description..every mark/blemish however minute it is

Ernie

Apprentice
    I have found, if you do things by the book, sell through eBay and don't be tempted by an out of eBay sale, its a great place to sell with such a big audience. I recently sold an SD, the guy wanted to see it first (understandable), and when he agreed to buying it, I insisted he made the offer through eBay.

Unfortunately Paypal fees are quite high, but they do offer more guarantees against scams

Master
    I find the most annoying thing is when people make ridiculous offers for things. What makes them think you are going to except 60% off on the first day of auction!? Thanks for the offer, but I'd rather set fire to it.

Craftsman
    Well done. Great story.

Find Ebay pretty poor myself now days.

Master
    Ebay is such a wide net. Amazing what you can find and sell. Yesterday I found a James Bolam narration of a school novel on tape.