closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 46 of 90 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,300 of 4462

Thread: Premier League 2022 - 23

Thought this was interesting;

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/prem...wettbewerb/GB1

Arsenal to win PL on a shoestring? Actually their net transfer spend over the last 5 years is 3rd highest behind Chelsea and Man Utd. City and Liverpool actually fairly modest in comparison.

What the heck has happened to all that money West Ham have spent though!

Nope, Kane is the complete striker.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Haaland would like a word. Kane is 2nd best for sure but Haaland is phenomenal

Master
    Salah is the best forward in the league !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Wood is the best striker in the league .

Craftsman

Best striker in the league......

Define best......

Most goals this season - Haaland has already gone passed the golden boot total for last season and we are only half way
    Most goals and still playing - Kane.....
    Most goals retired - Shearer, and they don't even count his Southampton goals.....
    Most complete player - more subjective, the above are factual
    Most positive impact on the team - probably Kane cos Spurs would be truly awful without him.... and there is currently a perverse train of thought that says City would be better without Haaland......

Playful discussion..... and I listen to too much TalkSport based on the above....... and currently a very excited Forest fan :)

Don't knock Big Dog, he'll always be respected up here for the job he did for us.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Chris Wood is the best striker in the league .

FTFY

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Mane Salah is the best forward in the league !

Craftsman
    Kane has been one of the PLs best every strikers, no doubt - even from an Arsenal fan. And I'm not an England fan either!

That said, at 22 Kane had scored 49 PL goals in 3 seasons (83 games). Haaland is on more than half that (25) after half a season (19 games). His 3 seasons in the Bundesliga yielded 62 goals in 67 games. So 87 goals not counting his tallies from Austria and Norway. Looking back to Kane's earlier career, he was not at all the 10/9 hybrid he's become, he was a goalscorer.

Haaland has the talent to round out his game and is playing under one of the best ever coaches who will help him do so. When he's 29 he will have obliterated any records Kane has set, and will have a LOT more trophies, to boot. The fact there was ever an argument over who was better will be laughed at.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Master
    Salah isn’t even a striker and holds virtually every prem scoring record.

But ok Haaland will break them !

Aye!IMG-20230124-WA0005.jpg

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Salah isn’t even a striker and holds virtually every prem scoring record.

But ok Haaland will break them !

Salah "holds virtually every prem scoring record"

Eh?

All-time top scorer: Shearer (Salah not in top ten)
    Most goals in a 38-game season: Salah
    Best goals-to-games: (before this season, currently Haaland) Aguero goal every 108 mins
    Most goals for a single club in PL: Kane
    Consecutive PL matches scored in: Vardy
    Most PL goals in calendar year: Kane
    Most matches scored in during a season: Salah
    Most consecutive seasons with at least 30/25/20/10 goals: Shearer/Shearer/Henry+Aguero/Rooney

Yeah, "virtually" all of them, indeed.

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

Master
    Salah hold currently I think it’s 12 premier league records.

I can’t recall what they are but it was on sky sports last year.

Obviously he isn’t going to hold most goals in prem history is he, Shearer played about 250 games more.

Salah hold currently I think it’s 12 premier league records.

I can’t recall what they are but it was on sky sports last year.

Obviously he isn’t going to hold most goals in prem history is he, Shearer played about 250 games more.

Come on Ivan , put some meat on those bones .
    I’m going to stick my neck out and guess that some of the “records” are along the lines of scoring most goals in one half versus a team in yellow or most dribbles on a Tuesday in November when it was snowing . Most goals scored on the seasons last day etc etc .

Master
    Come on Ivan , put some meat on those bones .
    I’m going to stick my neck out and guess that some of the “records” are along the lines of scoring most goals in one half versus a team in yellow or most dribbles on a Tuesday in November when it was snowing . Most goals scored on the seasons last day etc etc .
    easy enough find them for anyone actually interested

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick...ah-has-broken/

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    easy enough find them for anyone actually interested

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick...ah-has-broken/
    Thanks
    As I thought. Some good , some bad .
    First player to score a hat trick at Old Trafford ? Only player to score 5 v United in a season ? Most left footed goals ?
    Seriously ? Maybe he could take all the throw ins this season . That’d get him another one .
    Bestest corner taker in a mid table team . The possibilities are endless .

Master
    Most goals scored in a premier league season.

Most games scored in during a premier league season.

Most left footed goals in premier league history.

3 golden boots in the last 5 years.

Salah isn’t even a striker either yet Kane hasn’t done the above.

Master
    Seriously ? Maybe he could take all the throw ins this season . That’d get him another one .
    Bestest corner taker in a mid table team . The possibilities are endless .
    Brilliant , most goals in a season for a curly haired player.

Smile

I’m not a United fan but for the last few months it’s been a complete joy to see Marcus Rashford come back to the form he’s currently enjoying. Given his wider profile and his recent issues it’s just wonderful to see him taking, and giving, so much enjoyment on the pitch.

Awesome goal against Forest just now too.

Looks like Everton will appoint Dyche. Future-proofing for relegation but I think he'll keep them up anyway.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Looks like Everton will appoint Dyche. Future-proofing for relegation but I think he'll keep them up anyway.
    makes more sense than bielsa given the squad and where they are in the table.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    I think that's the best appointment they could have made.

Quite fancied him for West Ham TBH.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

I think he's the best choice too.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    I think that's the best appointment they could have made.

Quite fancied him for West Ham TBH.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Well pleased with Dyche, Biesla would have been a big mistake

Craftsman
    Dyche will certainly sort out the discipline and will have a way of playing that each player will know what is expected.

Looks like we’ve signed Gordon. I don’t know any fan who wants him here. Bang average with a stinking attitude and terrible hair. It’s a good job we trust the owners and Howe.

Master
    Gordon for 45m is absolutely baffling. I don’t know a single Everton fan that rates him. From all the blues I’ve spoken to the last few days they are absolutely delighted with the deal.

Real strange signing for me. Are Newcastle struggling with the home grown quota ?

Arsenal trying to wrap up a deal for Caicedo from Brighton this month.

The fee doesn't bother me as they're all artificial anyway and it's not like it's my money. When you consider the formula of young player + home grown + EPL experience + January tax + Newcastle tax = more than £40m so probably pretty fair. Andy Carroll went to Liverpool for £35m twelve years ago which makes this deal sound reasonable!

I trust the owners, Ashworth and Howe 100% so we'll have to see how the lad gets on.

Gordon for 45m is absolutely baffling. I don’t know a single Everton fan that rates him. From all the blues I’ve spoken to the last few days they are absolutely delighted with the deal.

Real strange signing for me. Are Newcastle struggling with the home grown quota ?

There were City fans who said that about Zinchenko

Arsenal putting out a virtual B team vs City. Arsenal don't play again in the league for 8 days so I don't see the point - Arsenal will just get hammered here as Pep has put out an almost 1st XI

Master
    Arsenal putting out a virtual B team vs City. Arsenal don't play again in the league for 8 days so I don't see the point - Arsenal will just get hammered here as Pep has put out an almost 1st XI
    Arteta is putting all his eggs firmly in the Premiership basket, and after Jesus got injured during the WC
    I don’t blame him dropping so many 1st team players he has a fantastic chance of landing the holy grail for English teams after so many years in the wilderness.

Blog Entries
    Arsenal will just get hammered here as Pep has put out an almost 1st XI
    I doubt it will be that clear cut.

Both squads have proven premier league players on the pitch & coaches who are very tactically astute... & know each other.

Both will have done their homework & it could be only 1 goal that separates them at the final whistle.

...IMHO

z

Holding is Haaland’s bitch.

For the City fans is this a 'typical' performance this season?

To me City look a bit 'off', like there's a spark missing. Surely Arteta must be tempted to put Odegaard, Martinelli etc on and try to put the tie to bed. Holding on a yellow is bad news so surely Saliba comes on now?

Good close game that. Two well matched teams. Citys experience paid in the end. grealish is really starting to contribute, amazing what Pep does for these players

Potential banana skin avoided by a very professional Spurs.

Son back in form. Could help Spurs massively this half of the season

Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post
    Son back in form. Could help Spurs massively this half of the season

Let's hope so. Assuming Porro is effectively a done deal, he and Danjuma are definitely going to make us stronger too. (Would like a CB this window too, and the talk about Hincapie is interesting if it could happen.)

He played up front against Preston. Tougher test next week

Sent from my XQ-CQ54 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post
    Good close game that. Two well matched teams. Citys experience paid in the end. grealish is really starting to contribute, amazing what Pep does for these players

pep is a great coach but I don’t think grealish is necessarily an advertisement for that !

Arsenal will be pleased. They changed 7 players from their 1st team and were the better team in the 1st half. The worst result would have been a 5-0 spanking. 2nd worst result a 0-0 and a replay. Instead they are out of the cup so can concentrate on the league but will alao take confidence from what was almost a full strength City side vs Arsenal's Europa League team.

Once Partey went off Arsenal lost control in midfield so they need to get cover as Sambi Lokonga is nowhere near that level - that much was obvious.

From City's side I thought Ake had Saka in his pocket- Saka had hardly any impact as Ake played so well against him.

Arsenal will surely be confident that their 1st XI would beat City - at least at the Emirates. They only realistically need to win one of the 2 league games vs City to remain on track for the league. A win and a draw would be amazing though.

Saying that watch them lose vs Everton with their new manager bounce next week!
    Last edited by ryanb741; 29th January 2023 at 10:01.

Arsenal will be pleased. They changed 7 players from their 1st team and were the better team in the 1st half. The worst result would have been a 5-0 spanking. 2nd worst result a 0-0 and a replay. Instead they are out of the cup so can concentrate on the league but will alao take confidence from what was almost a full strength City side vs Arsenal's Europa League team.

Once Partey went off Arsenal lost control in midfield so they need to get cover as Sambi Lokonga is nowhere near that level - that much was obvious.

From City's side I thought Ake had Saka in his pocket- Saka had hardly any impact as Ake played so well against him.

Arsenal will surely be confident that their 1st XI would beat City - at least at the Emirates. They only realistically need to win one of the 2 league games vs City to remain on track for the league. A win and a draw would be amazing though.

Saying that watch them lose vs Everton with their new manager bounce next week!
    City don’t have ‘ a strongest eleven ‘ , it’s more fluid and there is quality in reserve .
    Saying that , I’d be hard pressed to not pick at least four from Ederson, Dias, Laporte, Cancelo, Foden , Walker and Alvarez who all didn’t start on Friday .
    Plus, when you did throw on your remaining first teamers bar Odegaard , there was still almost 30 minutes left and if I recall , you didn’t muster a shot .
    City changed on Friday . Pep obviously knew Arteta was planning on going man to man in the middle of the park so he just went full on Klopp and bypassed the midfield . Not great to watch but it got Arsenal thinking and the pressure told on Holding .
    Im still not seeing City at their best but there are signs it’s coming back and the players seem galvanised . De Bruyne is hopelessly off his game at the minute but Pep seems to trust him more than anyone and that’s fine by me . I’ve always been a fan of Grealish and his performances lately have been excellent . Once him and Foden strike up some form of understanding, there’ll be carnage in some games .

City don’t have ‘ a strongest eleven ‘ , it’s more fluid and there is quality in reserve .
    Saying that , I’d be hard pressed to not pick at least four from Ederson, Dias, Laporte, Cancelo, Foden , Walker and Alvarez who all didn’t start on Friday .
    Plus, when you did throw on your remaining first teamers bar Odegaard , there was still almost 30 minutes left and if I recall , you didn’t muster a shot .
    City changed on Friday . Pep obviously knew Arteta was planning on going man to man in the middle of the park so he just went full on Klopp and bypassed the midfield . Not great to watch but it got Arsenal thinking and the pressure told on Holding .
    Im still not seeing City at their best but there are signs it’s coming back and the players seem galvanised . De Bruyne is hopelessly off his game at the minute but Pep seems to trust him more than anyone and that’s fine by me . I’ve always been a fan of Grealish and his performances lately have been excellent . Once him and Foden strike up some form of understanding, there’ll be carnage in some games .
    I'm not sure Arsenal ever had their 1st team on at the same time. Partey was off, when Martinelli/Odegaard came on Saka came off. Just shows Arsenal don't have the squad depth but the fact they made a game of it when I was expecting a tonking (especially with Holding at CB) was encouraging.

The intensity level was low and I'm sure the League games will be much less like a Charity Shield game (which this one reminded me of).

These Liverpool "tackles" are f*cking disgraceful. I'm so pleased they've conceded because it's the least they deserved. They should be down to 9 men as well.
    Last edited by learningtofly; 29th January 2023 at 16:23.

I don’t know who is doing the scouting for Brighton , but bloody hell, they should get huge bonuses .

That Mitoma goal was top drawer, what a finish!

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    These Liverpool "tackles" are f*cking disgraceful. I'm so pleased they've conceded because it's the least they deserved. They should be down to 9 men as well.
    Arguably 8 . Konate would’ve seen red as the last man and those two cowards tackles should be retrospectively looked at .
    I thought channelling their inner Wimbledon just meant long balls over the top but the tackles were more Vinnie Jones than Curtis Jones .

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Agree, they were dreadful and also deliberate. Sign of desperation IMHO

Master
    Agree, they were dreadful and also deliberate. Sign of desperation IMHO
    I was only listening on radio, but from what I heard the above is correct.

Slightly confused if VAR was available or not?

As the commentator said it wasn't but then it seemed to be used to check offside for the winner.