closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 81 of 90 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,050 of 4462

Thread: Premier League 2022 - 23

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I think you'll draw there but win all your other games and will win the league by 2 points. Even if we won the league it would be weird finishing above a team that pumped us in both league games. We should take the 2nd and wear it as motivation and a reminder you can't be casual and slip up when 2-0 up. All this talk of Arsenal fading next season is nonsense- the side is young and very strong and as long as we keep the youngsters and add to that squad I don't see who overtakes us without spending a shed load of money.

City are already there so it is up to us to try and strengthen to catch them but I can't see how Chelsea, Liverpool, United, Newcastle etc get the funds in to overtake Arsenal unless they try to buy our players. But as it stands the PL this season is a bit of a Farmer's League as it has been the last few years with City and Liverpool - except this season there's City and Arsenal and then a bunch of teams miles below and to close that gap will take huge investment.
    Don’t buy into the “farmers league “ rubbish ffs .
    Brentford beat City, everyone beats Utd and Liverpool . Arsenal get battered every now and again . Newcastle hand out beatings and get beat in equal measures . Aston Villa are a great team in waiting , Chelsea will be back , Spurs are ……………well, you know .
    My point is that this league is still the best about . Don’t be fooled by the media that would have you believe it’s boring .

Some of those Leicester players will also be tempting. Vardy an interesting one.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

David Silva-esque from Gibbs-White with the assist

David Silva-esque from Gibbs-White with the assist
    Yeah , wash your mouth out with soap and water .

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Don’t buy into the “farmers league “ rubbish ffs .
    Brentford beat City, everyone beats Utd and Liverpool . Arsenal get battered every now and again . Newcastle hand out beatings and get beat in equal measures . Aston Villa are a great team in waiting , Chelsea will be back , Spurs are ……………well, you know .
    My point is that this league is still the best about . Don’t be fooled by the media that would have you believe it’s boring .
    Anything but boring, the fact that the current match is still not a done deal despite two goals in it is testament to the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are but he’s never a top six player which is why he’s still at Southampton. Doesn’t dominate games at all, even against teams at the bottom.

Belting match this. Assuming Saints go down surely one of the Top 6 will be in for Ward Prowse? His free kicks are almost undefendable.

Master

Premier League 2022 - 23

Gonna be a long end to the game for Forest now. The last goal chalked off should have stood if only for the celebration.

Last edited by tango; 8th May 2023 at 22:01.

What a game, made up for Forest, they had more fight in them.

Some great games today. Southampton heading the same way as the Titanic and Leeds and Leicester dependent on other results.

Forest and Everton in charge of their own destiny, but Everton’s next game against Man City is a worry for me and could change things.

Master

Premier League 2022 - 23

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    What a game, made up for Forest, they had more fight in them.

Some great games today. Southampton heading the same way as the Titanic and Leeds and Leicester dependent on other results.

Forest and Everton in charge of their own destiny, but Everton’s next game against Man City is a worry for me and could change things.
    Come on an easy three points against a dejected City after they get hammered tomorrow and morale is low.

Craftsman
    As a Forest fan that was very stressful...........now to be fair that actually was a super Sunday..... if you were a neutral

Master
    Blog Entries
    Your local then ?
    See you there Sunday pal ?
    First one on me !! ;)
    Tell you what, If Everton stay up ( today May have done that admittedly) first round in me by the new ground, and one in Jurgens bar after that.

If they go down, pint on you in in central Manchester.

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Tell you what, If Everton stay up ( today May have done that admittedly) first round in me by the new ground, and one in Jurgens bar after that.

If they go down, pint on you in in central Manchester.
    Done
    As long as you bring Ivan too :)
    I didn’t even know Jurgen bar was a thing until I was working in The Liver Building a couple of years back . Looks like my kind of place .

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post
    Some of those Leicester players will also be tempting. Vardy an interesting one.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk
    The vultures are starting to circle!

Loads of our players are walking straight out…. Soyuncu and Tielemans

Many in final years of contact…. Maddison etc.

It’ll be a bloodbath and bizarrely there will lots of good players available who managed to get the club they currently play for relegated

Master
    Blog Entries
    Done
    I didn’t even know Jurgen bar was a thing until I was working in The Liver Building a couple of years back . Looks like my kind of place .
    You in Drago?

Always the case. I think Vardy will stay though and from experience, it's goals that gets you out of the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    The vultures are starting to circle!

Loads of our players are walking straight out…. Soyuncu and Tielemans

Many in final years of contact…. Maddison etc.

It’ll be a bloodbath and bizarrely there will lots of good players available who managed to get the club they currently play for relegated

Grand Master
    Not looking good from a Leeds perspective after last night's results. Really can`t see Leeds staying up, 2 wins and a draw would probably do it but that's pie in the sky.

Sadly Leeds are where they belong on recent form, the table isn`t lying. Brittle defence and an inability to convert chances into goals, no surprise that they'll end up in the bottom 3.

I still have a sneaky suspicion that Leicester will survive...

A last day of the season match at home to a West Ham team that really should have nothing to play for and (touch wood) a Europa Conference League final a week or so later... a few key players left out with a bit of a cold etc. Sounds like the ideal final day fixture, and with a much better goal difference...

Forest haven't won away since Moses was a lad and their only remaining home game is against Arsenal.

As for Leeds, with Newcastle, West Ham and Spurs to play, that's really anyone's guess. With big Sam at the helm I don't expect much expansive attacking football but he'll try and make them hard to beat and nick a goal.

Obviously Forest will now go and stick 3 past Chelsea and render all that speculation pointless.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FvrDEUFa...g&name=900x900

Remember kids.
    Don’t do drugs .

Master
    Done
    A Manc, a scouser and a wool walk into a bar….

Master
    I think you'll draw there but win all your other games and will win the league by 2 points. Even if we won the league it would be weird finishing above a team that pumped us in both league games. We should take the 2nd and wear it as motivation and a reminder you can't be casual and slip up when 2-0 up. All this talk of Arsenal fading next season is nonsense- the side is young and very strong and as long as we keep the youngsters and add to that squad I don't see who overtakes us without spending a shed load of money.

City are already there so it is up to us to try and strengthen to catch them but I can't see how Chelsea, Liverpool, United, Newcastle etc get the funds in to overtake Arsenal unless they try to buy our players. But as it stands the PL this season is a bit of a Farmer's League as it has been the last few years with City and Liverpool - except this season there's City and Arsenal and then a bunch of teams miles below and to close that gap will take huge investment.
    A reminder...
    1998/99 season Arsenal beat Man United 3-0 in the Charity Shield, 3-0 at Highbury and drew 1-1 at Old Trafford, Man United beat Arsenal in the FA Cup semi-final and then went on to win the Treble.
    2004/05 season Arsenal look invincible again, then got cheated in the "50th" game at Old Trafford, from then on Arsenal's form was erratic until they were beaten fair and square by Man United at Highbury. Chelsea became league champions without beating Arsenal home and away, but Arsenal finished 2nd in the league, won the FA Cup against Man United who came 3rd in the league.

Come on Newcastle, get your act together.

The mighty blues are due to take a thumping tomorrow at the hands of Man City.

We need Leicester, Forest and Leeds to suffer a similar fate.

So come on Newcastle…

Premier League 2022 - 23

Come on Newcastle, get your act together.

The mighty blues are due to take a thumping tomorrow at the hands of Man City.

We need Leicester, Forest and Leeds to suffer a similar fate.

So come on Newcastle…
    We’ll have to agree to disagree there Ken, how do you think I felt on Monday when your lot stuffed Brighton AND Forest beat Southampton?

Come on Leeds!

Edit : I still think Newcastle will get at least a draw here.

Bamford is a total waste of space. He's just totally killed the mood and that penalty was appalling.
    Last edited by ryanb741; 13th May 2023 at 13:09.

That was a red all day long

Master
    Big Sam going to have to earn his corn.

Get in.

Everton better take something from City tomorrow

Master
    Hold on!

Oh bugger…

A draw at best depending on which team he puts out. I’m sure the big names will be rested for the CL, but his subs bench is stronger than most PL first teams.

Master
    Bamford is a total waste of space. He's just totally killed the mood and that penalty was appalling.
    Harsh, he is giving it his all right now.

Blog Entries
    With or without KY?
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Premier League 2022 - 23

I’ve just been looking at the table again and if West Ham don’t best Brentford tomorrow, they’ve got Leeds and Leicester left to play. It’s not inconceivable that they could still be the third team relegated.

No, I take that back. With a much superior goal difference, they’d need to be thrashed three times for Leeds to go above them.
    Last edited by Dave+63; 13th May 2023 at 16:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I’ve just been looking at the table again and if West Ham don’t best Brentford tomorrow, they’ve got Leeds and Leicester left to play. It’s not inconceivable that they could still be the third team relegated.

No, I take that back. With a much superior goal difference, they’d need to be thrashed three times for Leeds to go above them.
    You got there in the end.

Behave.

Leeds v Newcastle was a great watch for the neutral .
    Toons MOM was definitely Junior Firpo . What a nutter .

On another day he could have had three yellows and a red!

Leeds v Newcastle was a great watch for the neutral .
    Toons MOM was definitely Junior Firpo . What a nutter .

Great result for Forest, who still control their own destiny. Hopefully we will still be in that position after the weekends games as our last two matches are Wolves and Bournemouth who are both safe and will probably turn up in their flip flops.

I think Everton have the easiest final two games (on paper) after we have got past the City game tomorrow. Don’t expect Leicester to get any points from their game with Liverpool on Monday.

Pochettino to Chelsea seems to be a done deal now for the start of next season.
    I hope he’s given a free rein on the way the team is run . There’s too much talent there who are currently playing on instinct to have such a car crash of a season again , surely?
    Good to see Raheem back on the scoresheet too .
    Hurry up back Chelsea ffs .

I think Chelsea have entered the Arsenal / Man Utd zone, time to have a clearout and start rebuilding and it won’t be quick.

Arsenal are now heading in the right direction and Utd seem to have a sensible manager at long last, Chelsea need to establish some stability.

Newcastle should get stronger if they can attract the right signings - Ward-Prowse?

I’m sure Liverpool will come back next season, so a keen scrap for those top 4 places.

I think Chelsea have entered the Arsenal / Man Utd zone, time to have a clearout and start rebuilding and it won’t be quick.

Arsenal are now heading in the right direction and Utd seem to have a sensible manager at long last, Chelsea need to establish some stability.

Newcastle should get stronger if they can attract the right signings - Ward-Prowse?

I’m sure Liverpool will come back next season, so a keen scrap for those top 4 places.
    Isn't it top 5 get CL spot next year? I thought I read that somewhere

Isn't it top 5 get CL spot next year? I thought I read that somewhere
    Does make a joke of the CL if you can finish 5th and be regarded as a champion.

It’s all about money these days. I had more respect for the European cup winners, one team from each country and a straight knock out competition.

Does make a joke of the CL if you can finish 5th and be regarded as a champion.

It’s all about money these days. I had more respect for the European cup winners, one team from each country and a straight knock out competition.
    Just checked - 4 spots next season and 5 spots from 2024/5

Bringing out the classics for the Emirates this afternoon....

Here we go…

Bernardo, Grealish and DeBruyne on the bench. Ridiculous.

Master
    Everton started well.

Great shirt!

Quote Originally Posted by gunner View Post
    Bringing out the classics for the Emirates this afternoon....

They’ve got a game plan and have been organised. That’s all you can do against the Harlem Globetrotters.

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    Everton started well.

Calvert Lewin excellent so far today

Master
    Yes he makes a huge difference to Everton.