closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Pinion Neutron

Pinion Neutron

I was reading the Bremont Broadsword thread and thinking - "that really reminds me of Pinion" - so then I went to the Pinion site and found the Neutron, which I had not seen before:

https://www.pinionwatches.com/collection/neutron/

Really like the look of it, especially the red dial, though I'm not 100% convinced by the guilloche it would be good to see in the metal. And its quite a bit cheaper than the Bremont (though obviously not a direct competitor).

Anyone any experience with it?

Reminds me more of a Louis Erard watch they even have a salmon dial.

Lovely looking watch though.

If this had ‘Accurist’ on the dial and was in H Samuel’s window for £79 it would be ridiculed.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    If this had ‘Accurist’ on the dial and was in H Samuel’s window for £79 it would be ridiculed.
    And if my aunt had a penis she'd be my uncle.

This tired trope goes for every single watch design out there. Ignore finishing, construction, movement, just look at the basic design of anything and you could stick an Accurist logo on it and flog it for £79.

I can’t see this at all.
    Whilst the watch is not my cup of tea I think the company and owner are well regarded in Watch collecting circles. I can’t remember ever reading a bad thing about the product and if you like the design (red or green dials on any watch are a no from me) then they offer some interesting watches at competitive prices.
    A H Samuel brand would not have the dial finishing, hand design (I am a big fan of the Pinion hands design) or build quality these have.
    I am pretty sure one day Pinion will release a watch I want to buy - they were almost there with the Pure GG but it had a green dial.
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 16th March 2023 at 08:55.

Thanks for your support!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a couple of years ago when you were 'down on your luck' having had to sell all your watches or something, I offered to loan you one from the Pinion collection. You declined, but I ended up sending you a free strap.... which I later saw on SC.

Last edited by PIERS (UK); 16th March 2023 at 07:39.

To be clear, I wasn’t suggesting this watch looked anything like the Bremont, rather that the design of the Bremont reminded me of the Pinion style which in turn led me to the Pinion website where I found this … so a sort of trail of connections.

And as for comparing to a £79 watch, a bit ridiculous I think, especially when you see what some other makers charge for a 3-hander with a bought in movement.

Anyway I was rather taken by the whole range - all the colours look good to me. And the lume shot looks amazing.

That’s just like your ’pinion man

Last edited by Mr Curta; 16th March 2023 at 11:14.

Quote Originally Posted by tertius View Post
    To be clear, I wasn’t suggesting this watch looked anything like the Bremont, rather that the design of the Bremont reminded me of the Pinion style which in turn led me to the Pinion website where I found this … so a sort of trail of connections.

And as for comparing to a £79 watch, a bit ridiculous I think, especially when you see what some other makers charge for a 3-hander with a bought in movement.

Anyway I was rather taken by the whole range - all the colours look good to me. And the lume shot looks amazing.
    I do love the Pure, I have to say. @Piers, you did a lovely job on that one, IMO.

Lovely watch, great to see. Stupid comment.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Black dial looks great, specs are spot on also.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Piers, if I could make a suggestion it would be to include a lume shot on the product page. I think that's something people would generally want to see.

It's lovely apart from the font they've picked for the hours... something about it bothers me, it belongs to a Panerai not on a dressier watch like this...

Master
    Love the dusty pink dial variant BTW.

Blog Entries
    Nice looking watch!

As for the comment - absolutely ridiculous. Just being nasty for the sake of it.

Quote Originally Posted by PIERS (UK) View Post
    Thanks for your support!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a couple of years ago when you were 'down on your luck' having had to sell all your watches or something, I offered to loan you one from the Pinion collection. You declined, but I ended up sending you a free strap.... which I later saw on SC.

Ouch.

Yeah, I don't see the £79 Accurist criticism either.

If it looked as good for £79, I think Accurist would have trouble making enough!

I really like the blue one.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

I think the red is a limited edition with a different case back, I should have been more clear I like both the LE watch and this but I think the Pinion is a lot cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    Ouch.
    Not the only one in this scenario either.

This tired trope goes for every single watch design out there. Ignore finishing, construction, movement, just look at the basic design of anything and you could stick an Accurist logo on it and flog it for £79.

This. Accurist's entire business model seems to be making low-key tributes to pretty much anything that's reasonably popular.

By contrast, the one outstanding aspect of all of Pinion's designs that sticks in my mind is that they dare to be a little different. There's an overall design coherence to them, too - something a lot of brands lack.

I really like the blue, not buying much right now but if I shift a few from the collection there's a space for one.

Master
    Unfortunately to small for my own personal taste, but that is a very well designed and executed watch. Really like the subdued branding. The red and blue are the pick for me. Well done Pinion!

Quote Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
    Love the dusty pink dial variant BTW.
    Me too, very nice.

Double ouch.

Just ordered the red dial

Hi i just ordered the red dial Neutron and chatted with Piers and it was a very nice experience cant wait to get the watch . I was looking for a red dial Quality watch with a swiss movement but unique and that sparkles . The red dial neutron fit the bill ..with small production run and assembled NOT in asia and made by an independent watchmaker . Thanks Piers...

Quote Originally Posted by PIERS (UK) View Post
    Thanks for your support!

Having been put off by previous offerings all of 42mm diameter, I have just had a look at the Neutron on the website. Wow, that is lovely! Original dial design, lovely proportions. I really can't see anything about it I don't like. The blue is the best. I usually go for black but I have too many black dialled watches and I think the more colourful dials bring out the detail of the Neutron better.
    Seriously tempted (once I've had two cars serviced, MOTd and insured - it's going to be a bad month!)

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I really like these.
    Too small for me but the salmon and red dials are lovely, the guiloche sets them apart imo.

Master
    These look very nice and the perfect size too. Especially like the red dial neutron. Not a bad price either, very tempting!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I do love the Pure, I have to say. @Piers, you did a lovely job on that one, IMO.
    Agreed … but I would say that …

Although I opted for the bronze just for something different from the rest.

BTW : Piers was always great to deal with too !

z
    Last edited by zelig; 28th July 2023 at 19:21. Reason: Typo

Master

These days? No, I don't think so.