closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bremont - what have they done?

Hybrid View

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    I really couldn't care a less about you, I don't know you but what I do know is that almost every post you make about Bremont is negative and given that you're a former employee it comes across as an obvious bias. Why not make your posts factual and actually answer legitimate questions rather than trying to find a way to spin a negative. The easiest way for you to answer the question about the ENG300 was in the way that you did when I called you out on your first response, just say that the parts are readily available instead of saying that the only parts that haven't been subbed out by Bremont are case parts so make your own mind up. It gave me (and probably others) the impression that the ENG300 would no longer be serviceable which isn't the case. I'd comment (and have) on anyone elses posts that I knew were misleading or factually incorrect about Bremont or anything else for that matter.

and another obvious negative, how do you know that "your precious brothers have sold out". Were you in the board meetings, have you ever run your own company and involved major investors? Again, talking nonsense. Taking on a major investor is always a risk as they've found out. Plenty of other commentators have asked whether they have sold out or were they forced out which is a legitimate point and question, unlike yours.

about the only sensible comment you've made so far is how outsourcing can often save money (but not always). All things being equal, it's more cost effective to manufacture in house than outsourcing as there's at least one less profit margin to take account of. However, all things are never equal and Bremont trying to manufacture in house on such a small scale was always going to be expensive.
    You just keep proving all my suspicions about you right.

Notwithstanding our various legitimate passions, could I suggest we all try and play the ball and not the man in this thread, since this ain't the bearpit?

Quote Originally Posted by MrBanks View Post
    You just keep proving all my suspicions about you right.
    Only April and he’s going full pelt for the Christmas bonus

Moving away from all the bitching and sniping and back to the watches. Sometimes a new release can be a grower but the more I see these the more I’m confused by the totally incoherent design. Oversized everything, a random badge that doesn’t mean anything to anyone including Bremont and so much busyness on the dial that it all looks quite comical and childlike.

I’ve never experienced a re-brand that appears to have gotten it so spectacularly wrong.

[IMG][/IMG]

Yes, I'm struggling to see any appeal with that particular model, particularly when it's £2500.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Moving away from all the bitching and sniping and back to the watches. Sometimes a new release can be a grower but the more I see these the more I’m confused by the totally incoherent design. Oversized everything, a random badge that doesn’t mean anything to anyone including Bremont and so much busyness on the dial that it all looks quite comical and childlike.

I’ve never experienced a re-brand that appears to have gotten it so spectacularly wrong.

[IMG][/IMG]
    I dont think its that bad to be honest, I think I mentioned previously it reminds me a little of the Hamilton military watch though I think that cushion style case has been used a few times recently Farer have a cushion case.

The text appears big but I would assume not so much in real life photos, I really dont care about the logo I cant even remember what the previous one was so I doubt too many new buyers are going to really care.

I think this will be a simple case of lets wait and see.....

Yep, was thinking the same and I'd rather have the Hamilton version to be honest. I think that's where Bremont struggle because they've got no history. Hamilton can just reissue the pilot pioneer and we buy into the fact it's a close replica of the original vintage piece. Bremont don't have that ability. The watch isn't horrendous...maybe a bit too much text on the dial, but it does nothing for me.