closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paying firms with cash

Hybrid View

Ideal working relationship I'd say.

That's not almost 40 quid a haircut...jeez. I bought Mrs P some clippers, she does mine, mostly a 2 and a 1, works for me.

Blog Entries
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

I paid the tradesman in cash to avoid VAT. He then went to the boozer and spent it all getting totally bladdered.

I figured sometimes two wrongs make a right...???

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

I do find these threads somewhat funny. Quite a few Tunbridge Wells types taking the moral high ground. People who have probably not struggled with minimum wage or well below average wages.

Not saying that is the case here, but a lot of the barely legal stuff happens when money is very tight, or non existent.

When I where a lad, it wasn't a shoebox in middle of road type stuff, but we had no money and cash in hand was just normal.

You worried about the leccy man calling to find a big u-bar breaching the meter, not a bit of cash in hand stuff. Didn't answer the front door without peeking through the net curtain for 10 years, lol.

There is a whole different world beyond middle class Britain.

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    I do find these threads somewhat funny. Quite a few Tunbridge Wells types taking the moral high ground. People who have probably not struggled with minimum wage or well below average wages.

Not saying that is the case here, but a lot of the barely legal stuff happens when money is very tight, or non existent.

When I where a lad, it wasn't a shoebox in middle of road type stuff, but we had no money and cash in hand was just normal.

You worried about the leccy man calling to find a big u-bar breaching the meter, not a bit of cash in hand stuff. Didn't answer the front door without peeking through the net curtain for 10 years, lol.

Sounds familiar. We had a tiny hole drilled through the meter and a wire stopping the disc. Makes me weep thinking about it now. Them were the days.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Sounds familiar. We had a tiny hole drilled through the meter and a wire stopping the disc. Makes me weep thinking about it now. Them were the days.
    There’s a surprise.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Luxury....

Master
    Blog Entries

What’s that got to do with anything? It’s nothing to do with any moral high ground.

We live in a society where working together makes things happen. The more freeloaders there are screwing the system the less resources in the pot for the system to support the needs of the less fortunate.

I choose to play by the rules and contribute because I want a society where the state has the resources to support those who need it.

The problem these days is there are too many selfish types screwing the system for their own benefit.

… and just because others do it doesn’t make it ok … live by your own moral compass regardless of the actions of others.

Absolutely appreciate that cash deals may be the only way for less affluent members of society, but less so for members of a watch forum, no?

Paying firms with cash

Take the saving and enjoy the door.

His tax affairs are his business. So long as you have a warranty and paperwork it’s job done.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Take the saving and enjoy the door.

His tax affairs are his business. So long as you have a warranty and paperwork it’s job done.
    Precisely whatever happened to minding your own business.

Absolutely this! OPs got a bunch of tasty watches I'm sure, so don't think £££ is the issue!

And anyway, who were these skint folk back in the day getting tradesmen in? No cash, then DIY!

Apparently a few £Billions in tax lost through this kind of cash in hand, of the books, transacting.

Very surprising responses from some of the BP most left leaning, society engaged participants.

Last edited by xxnick1975; 24th April 2024 at 14:13.

Playing the devils advocate, If a person is willing to screw the government and risk possible criminal charges what chance would a private individual have when dealing with that type of person ?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTigerUK View Post
    Playing the devils advocate, If a person is willing to screw the government and risk possible criminal charges what chance would a private individual have when dealing with that type of person ?
    Nobody cares and nobody questions as long as it is cheap enough. Look at the hundreds who bought cheap phones on SC from Vinny over a decade or more.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post

Very surprising responses from some of the BP most left leaning, society engaged participants.
    Many are only left leaning up to the point they are not impacting their own situation, then its every man for himself ...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    Many are only left leaning up to the point they are not impacting their own situation, then its every man for himself ...
    'Twas ever thus......

Just got a haircut and paid in cash.

If I paid by card I’d have had to tip.

Master
    Just got a haircut and paid in cash.

If I paid by card I’d have had to tip.
    Gotta round the haircut up Willey
    £12.50 leave £15

Iranians at the place I use aren't declaring that are they.
    Scoundrels.
    Last edited by Hood; 24th April 2024 at 22:52.

My barber takes cash or card. Same price, and he always writes each cut in his ledger however it’s paid.
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    £12.50 leave £15

Scoundrels.
    He’s put the price up from 35 to 38.50, clearly wants 40. I give a tenner at Christmas but that’s the limit.

When I’m fully bald I’ll find a Middle Eastern scalper and accept my fate. Round here you never know where they’re from, they all say they’re Turkish and you just have to go along with it.

Master
    He’s put the price up from 35 to 38.50, clearly wants 40. I give a tenner at Christmas but that’s the limit.

When I’m fully bald I’ll find a Middle Eastern scalper and accept my fate. Round here you never know where they’re from, they all say they’re Turkish and you just have to go along with it.
    Christ.
    £38.50 that hurts
    I suppose when I gave a shit 20 odd years ago I paid about £17 so probably about the same with inflation.
    Used to get a good looking lass doing it who's knockers would tend to give you a wee bump here and there.
    Halcyon days.

Get a set of Braun clippers and do it yourself. I shaved my head today, took 10 mins and cost sod all. I think some of you guys are a bunch of tarts flaffing over your hair.

And paying the cost of a Rolex to have pubes implanted back on the top of your head is nuts. Man up and accept that a fine slap is the way ahead.
    Last edited by Wallasey Runner; 24th April 2024 at 23:51.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Get a set of Braun clippers and do it yourself. I shaved my head today, took 10 mins and cost sod all. I think some of you guys are a bunch of tarts flaffing over your hair.

And paying the cost of a Rolex to have pubes implanted back on the top of your head is nuts. Man up and accept that a fine slap is the way ahead.
    I don’t have the jaw line to carry off the chrome dome just yet. Might have to find out where hood got his washed as the place I go is just one guy and I’m the one with the tits

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post

I purchased a barber quality pair for about £120 4 years ago. Quick grade 0.5 on the top & grade 1 for the long stubble a couple of times a week & all sorted.

Toyed with the implants but just accepted my fate.

£12.50 leave £15

Scoundrels.
    During the week old farts rate of £7 and I always leave £10, 40% tip.

A family member has a kid via a one night stand with a woman on benefits. She’s not in a Range Rover but she has 5 kids from 5 dads and hasn’t worked a day in her life.

Complete coincidence that by the time one is starting primary she’s pregnant again. She’ll never work a day in her life and we’ll all continue pay for it.

Lovely person but get a job ffs.

Master
    A family member has a kid via a one night stand with a woman on benefits. She’s not in a Range Rover but she has 5 kids from 5 dads and hasn’t worked a day in her life.

Complete coincidence that by the time one is starting primary she’s pregnant again. She’ll never work a day in her life and we’ll all continue pay for it.

First one can be a mistake fair enough
    After that well.
    Not the BP so ill leave it at that

First one can be a mistake fair enough
    After that well.
    Not the BP so ill leave it at that
    Sam guy got a Brazilian illegal immigrant pregnant about 7 years later. Played like a fiddle. No DNA test on either of them, absolute classic.

She’ll never work a day in her life and we’ll all continue pay for it.
    Puts the £8 billion PPE waste, £3.5 billion wrongly paid out under the furlough scheme and £2 billion fraudulent covid claims in perspective.

Just make sure plebs are pitted against plebs.

That’s probably enough as it is not the BP.

Damn almost a Range Rover 4 by 4 gag...more spinal tap, 5 by 5, one louder....

I imagine looking after 5 kids keeps her quite busy. The feckless fathers should be paying to be honest.

Master
    Blog Entries

I imagine looking after 5 kids keeps her quite busy. The feckless fathers should be paying to be honest.

That would really be a win-win, Any money received from absent fathers doesn’t affect their benefits anymore.

No idea what the other dads do but he pays

I would say >80% of the working population have it harder with a lot more stress in their lives, even without kids. She’ll never be behind on the rent.

Easy to label feckless father and could well be true for all five but what does that make her?

No idea what the other dads do but he pays

I would say >80% of the working population have it harder with a lot more stress in their lives, even without kids. She’ll never be behind on the rent.

Easy to label feckless father and could well be true for all five but what does that make her?
    It takes 2 to tango and what does it say about the blokes, you're family member included, that they still want to have a go on her despite her obvious history, and they still don't take the precaution of a johnny...if she's a bonobo they're no better.

I think until they have kids most folks don't really understand stress.
    Last edited by Passenger; 27th April 2024 at 09:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    It takes 2 to tango and what does it say about the blokes, you're family member included, that they still want to have a go on her despite her obvious history, and they still don't take the precaution of a johnny...if she's a bonobo they're no better.

I think until they have kids most folks don't really understand stress.
    Couldn’t agree more on the last point

Takes two to tango and both have proven themselves to be low quality people.

Could understand if there was a failed marriage or two but no, just pure Jeremy Kyle on both ends

Master

Ex school associate has this behaviour, all by different fathers from what I see on social media & the timeline is exactly as you suggest. They have a nice large house it appears to keep them all under a roof. Winds me right up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Ex school associate has this behaviour, all by different fathers from what I see on social media & the timeline is exactly as you suggest. They have a nice large house it appears to keep them all under a roof. Winds me right up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Winds me up too but that’s the system and they’re playing it.

If general thickos can play the system that well companies with serious professionals must be laughing.