closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Paying firms with cash

Hybrid View

Master
    I’ve paid in cash for renovation works the last couple of years for various trades. It easily over 200k in cash I’ve handed over.

People on this thread claiming it’s VAT fraud need to get in the real world. Every small / medium builder / tradesman does cash jobs to avoid VAT.

Without cash jobs this industry would cease to exist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    People on this thread claiming it’s VAT fraud need to get in the real world. Every small / medium builder / tradesman does cash jobs to avoid VAT.
    In the real world, deliberately failing to account for VAT that is due is fraud. Whether or not it's widespread, it's still illegal.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    In the real world, deliberately failing to account for VAT that is due is fraud. Whether or not it's widespread, it's still illegal.
    It’s illegal to be drunk in a pub but I’m sure you’ve done that.

Master
    It’s illegal to be drunk in a pub but I’m sure you’ve done that.
    Never heard of that being prosecuted but people are prosecuted, and sometimes jailed, for tax evasion. Not really sure you’ve chosen the best comparison there.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Never heard of that being prosecuted but people are prosecuted, and sometimes jailed, for tax evasion. Not really sure you’ve chosen the best comparison there.
    It’s Illegal. You claimed before tax evasion is illegal.

You can’t pick and choose what laws you stick to if you want to take the moral high ground. You either abide by every law or you’re as bad as anyone else.

Master
    Blog Entries
    It’s Illegal. You claimed before tax evasion is illegal.

You can’t pick and choose what laws you stick to if you want to take the moral high ground. You either abide by every law or you’re as bad as anyone else.
    It's not about "taking the moral high ground" its about following your own moral compass ...

If someone has got drunk in a pub and behaved themselves then there is zero impact on anyone else or wider society ... I don't see any problem. If they get stroppy and start a fight then that is a different matter.

Tax evasion generally hurts the people in society that have the least .. if you are OK with that then that is your choice your moral compass ...

Making irrelevant analogies doesn't change change the situation or in some way excuse your choice to participate in tax evasion for your own enrichment ...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    It's not about "taking the moral high ground" its about following your own moral compass ...

If someone has got drunk in a pub and behaved themselves then there is zero impact on anyone else or wider society ... I don't see any problem. If they get stroppy and start a fight then that is a different matter.

Tax evasion generally hurts the people in society that have the least .. if you are OK with that then that is your choice your moral compass ...

Making irrelevant analogies doesn't change change the situation or in some way excuse your choice to participate in tax evasion for your own enrichment ...
    I’m responded to what you stated. You claimed it doesn’t matter if everyone does it, it’s ILLEGAL.

To which I’ve replied it’s ILLEGAL to be drunk in a pub but I’m sure you’ve done that.

You either follow the law or you don’t. You can’t pick and choose and take the moral high ground when you want.

Being drunk in a pub generally hurts people. The NHS of a weekend is packed with drunk people who have harmed themselves or others in pubs drunk and puts a massive strain on services.

I’ve paid in cash for renovation works the last couple of years for various trades. It easily over 200k in cash I’ve handed over.

Similar to hooky firesticks, it’s the thin end of the wedge. Without honesty (at least from the moral majority) the entire system would collapse. Your last sentence is absolute nonsense.

Blog Entries
    I wonder how many advocates of paying cash to evade tax in the next breath moan about financial corruption in high places.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Where are you based?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Where are you based?
    Why does that matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Why does that matter?
    Wondered whether this is more prevalent in certain parts of the country.

Really? How would you establish that, knowing only one location of one person?

Why don't you start a TZ survey?

I think you'd be hard pushed to find anywhere in the UK that could come close to Westminster for tax dodgers and fraudsters.

It's not necessarily VAT fraud, although if he's a Limited Company that's been around for decades it's easy to see what his turnover is and therefore whether he's liable for VAT. A cash payment for a cheaper quote to a Ltd company is almost certainly corporation tax fraud though.

Every small / medium builder / tradesman does cash jobs to avoid VAT.
    Not if they’re not VAT registered!