closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Wheeler Dealers - Range Rover on eBay

Blog Entries

Wheeler Dealers - Range Rover on eBay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2002-Land-...item3380186feb

This is the Range Rover that Wheeler Dealers did up on last night's (5th Mar) episode.

They sold it for £10.5k and now it's up for £13k - I suppose that is the price of fame!

Interesting in that had it really had the work described all done properly, that alone would have come to more than the asking price.

iffy colour and ugly wheels!

Master
    So... Watch the program, point out the lies in the dealers advert (it was refurbished with every expense spared - used & recon parts, etc...), and offer the £9,565 that the TV company actually spent on it.

Actually, since the £900 front end restyle was a bit of a bodge-job, offer £8,665.

Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by miked10270 View Post
    So... Watch the program, point out the lies in the dealers advert (it was refurbished with every expense spared - used & recon parts, etc...), and offer the £9,565 that the TV company actually spent on it.

Actually, since the £900 front end restyle was a bit of a bodge-job, offer £8,665.

Mike.
    Does that £9565 include labour or is it just the parts bill?

Blog Entries
    The format of the programme is such that the labour is free and covered by any profit.

Master
    The other weeks Aston is up on Pistonheads too.

I've almost always felt that they could ask a fair bit more than they do if they were prepared to keep each car long enough. The Morgan was sold to a dealer who would hold it until the time was right.
    The Vogue - white is a horrible colour IMHO - still looked way better than when it came in.

The programme is all about what a keen amateur mechanic can do if he put his mind to it, hence the labour not costed. I thought they undersold the Aston. It looked amazing when finished.

I suppose if you were to do a top-end renovation on the Vogue then it would have cost another £5k at least and priced it out of the 2002 market.

WTF could buy dozens of them for £7k!

Agree, the price they sell them for is a fiction to enable them to close the program out with a "profit"

Less all the travel costs and labour,

I am certain if they sold the car the next week they'd get more money, but as they've already filmed them all its a bit long to wait for the show to move each car on

Saying that, that car is horrible, deserves its Kerry Katona wannabe future owner

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    WTF could buy dozens of them for £7k!
    What David said!.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    The programme is all about what a keen amateur mechanic can do if he put his mind to it, hence the labour not costed.
    I think it's fair to say Edd China is slightly more than a keen amateur.

The e30 touring and integrale still remain my favourite cars that they have done.

Journeyman
    To an avid Range Rover fan and owner that episode was riddled with inaccurate comments and some very dubious advice.

I also noticed a new set of tyres fitted to those 22's which never factored into the profit and loss statement.

I think you've just got to take it for what it is, a tv show. Its definatley made for entertainment now, back in the early series you could see that it was for car enthusiasts, but now they have built in that entertainment factor for people who have a passing interest in cars not the purist.

Mike Brewer was doing a video at a rally last year which involved the Citroen factory team - during his warm up before the cars arrived into the service area he was being heckled by the Colway tyres gang, being all up front he shouted 'whats your f@cking problem?' The response of 'you are a kn@b' caused massive laughter.....
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Balanced out by top bloke Ed China though, really he is the one and only thing that makes watching that program worthwhile.

It's a great programme done on a shoestring budget. I'd love some of the cars they've completed, my favourites being the Stag and the BMW 840. The Elan was very cute but too fragile for regular use, the same being true of some of the other more exotic sports cars.