closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A good plate ...

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    I saw MUS 1C on a Roller on the M1 about 10 years or so ago. Think Paul McCartney owned it at the time. The driver did not look like him though.
    MUS1C and 50UND were both around in Worcestershire a lot when I was growing up in early 2000s. Stella McCartney lived that way but no idea these belonged to Paul!

At my school gates we had a pair of crackers:
    B1TCH on a black Mercedes coupe (I think a CL); and
    W1TCH on a Mitsubishi pickup.

They're a bit of fun to some, but a tedious fool I once had to endure had a very cheap plate with the letters 'CJD' at the end as those were his wife's initials. He took me out to the car park once to point out that below the registration on the number plate was written 'mad cow'. He was very proud of it and showed everyone he could - to him the joke never wore off.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I saw something really bizarre this week on the A14 near Cambridge.

I was following a Ssanyong 4x4 monstrosity and it had a very usual age related plate (SH04 RJK or something of that vein) but underneath the plates, both front and rear, was a tiny little 1" by 6" plate with another plate (which was something like SJH 1).

The mind boggles.

Master
    XII ICEY on a Mondeo this am and a Ferrari passed me the other day with 5 SEG

Even WRC cars have suspect plates these days. On Ogier’s Fiesta: X M59ORT (in non-standard font).

Quote Originally Posted by Mystery Scott View Post
    MUS1C and 50UND were both around in Worcestershire a lot when I was growing up in early 2000s. Stella McCartney lived that way but no idea these belonged to Paul!

At my school gates we had a pair of crackers:
    B1TCH on a black Mercedes coupe (I think a CL); and
    W1TCH on a Mitsubishi pickup.

They're a bit of fun to some, but a tedious fool I once had to endure had a very cheap plate with the letters 'CJD' at the end as those were his wife's initials. He took me out to the car park once to point out that below the registration on the number plate was written 'mad cow'. He was very proud of it and showed everyone he could - to him the joke never wore off.

MUS 1C lives near me in North Oxfordshire (photo I took below as my local petrol station a few months ago), definitely not Paul McCartney

The B1TCH plate must have been something else, as I don't believe that's ever been released by the DVLA

Untitled by Alex L, on Flickr

There's a "real good number plates" thread on Pistonheads that I regularly contribute to. Here's one that I saw recently and amused me.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex L View Post
    MUS 1C lives near me in North Oxfordshire (photo I took below as my local petrol station a few months ago), definitely not Paul McCartney

The B1TCH plate must have been something else, as I don't believe that's ever been released by the DVLA

You’re right - just checked and they didn’t issue it, which really shouldn’t be a surprise. I’ll have to ask my mum whether she remembers it...

I just saw ‘GUE57S’ on the M5. Must be subconsciously looking for them.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    MUS 1C lives near me in North Oxfordshire (photo I took below as my local petrol station a few months ago), definitely not Paul Macartney

I know a chap with a very similar registration on his jet!

Blog Entries

Saw that same plate on a big Merc sports model few years back at Branscombe parked outside a beach cabin. Always wondered who owned it!

Master
    Two MBs on the M62 today. A DO8SON (maybe the former E-Eastender/partner of Prof.Brian May?) and BO55 ELE