closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Lockdown easing?

Quote Originally Posted by turbomolwi View Post
    Is there a lockdown in uk? People visiting parks, beaches in masses .All fam members including kids visiting asda, morrisons etc .
    My local park has always been flooded with teenagers hanging about as if nothing is wrong.
    Certain areas no social distancing at all and no checks from police . Bbq parties and even indoor parties are being held .
    It feels more like paid holiday instead of lockdown
    Thanks. Haven’t read that complaint for at least 24-hours in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by TBKBABAB View Post
    Another situation requiring ‘dob them in’. It’s no good complaining about it and doing nothing, if you saw someone breaking into a house would you do nothing?

And yes I have done this and the police acted on it.
    Anne Frank would have been glad not to have you as a neighbour.

Is there a lockdown in uk? People visiting parks, beaches in masses .All fam members including kids visiting asda, morrisons etc .
    My local park has always been flooded with teenagers hanging about as if nothing is wrong.
    Certain areas no social distancing at all and no checks from police . Bbq parties and even indoor parties are being held .
    It feels more like paid holiday instead of lockdown
    Again don’t moan dob them in.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    Anne Frank would have been glad not to have you as a neighbour.
    Not really funny, and no one seems to want to take any responsibility but very happy to moan about what’s happening.

Not really funny, and no one seems to want to take any responsibility but very happy to moan about what’s happening.
    People are moaning, but you've got to remember people like to moan. For example those saying 'Is lock down really happening? - people are going to the beach on mass'.

Of course lockdown is happening, I've just looked at Carbis Bay web cam in St Ives Cornwall. This beach would normally be packed on a bank holiday weekend with this weather and look at it, right now...

I live in York close to the A64, normally on a day like today there would be tailbacks for miles as loads of people from West Yorks head for the Yorkshire Coast, yet traffic is very quiet, and not a traffic jam in sight.

Master
    I honestly can’t work out if you’re for real, or you’re living out some kind of Covid Robo-Cop style fantasy on a UK watch forum.

If it’s the former, I think you need to be aware there’s every chance you might come unstuck at the hands of the next person you confront with their ‘crimes’ and if the latter, well it’s a bit sad really.

Your online persona is coming across a bit odd to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    Anyone willing to get on a plane for holiday; how will you get travel insurance?

Will anyone give insurance against the costs of a severe COVID 19 attack whilst on holiday?
    Good point.

I was supposed to be in the US now but I'm certainly not getting on a 'plane with all that recirculated air until this thing is over (if it ever is).

Got a week in Rye planned for August, I hope things are a lot safer then.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Tooks View Post
    I honestly can’t work out if you’re for real, or you’re living out some kind of Covid Robo-Cop style fantasy on a UK watch forum.

If it’s the former, I think you need to be aware there’s every chance you might come unstuck at the hands of the next person you confront with their ‘crimes’ and if the latter, well it’s a bit sad really.

I very much doubt he is confrontational...more as you say covid-robocop at the end of a telephone line to the ‘authorities’.

Why, what kind of fantasy are you talking about.

I have mentioned I once made a comment to someone and got abused and won’t do it again and I have made one call to the police and turns out I wasnt the only person to do so about this particular incident which was somewhat more serious
    than someone sunbathing.

My other comments have been regarding people posting about examples they have seen of people breaching rules but just moaning about it and suggesting maybe they do something, I’m not whipping my cape out and offering to fly there to sort it out.

You may consider it sad but then again I am guessing that you don’t have any issue with people not complying with
    regulations put in place to stop a deadly virus spreading, otherwise why would it be sad to want them complied with so we can actually reduce them sooner rather than later.

Blog Entries
    Unless I’m misunderstanding you, why do you make a special journey to the poo bin? Stick it in your own bin at home, then you don’t have to run the risk of bumping into people at the playing field entrance.
    It's on the way home actually, but thanks for your concern.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Master

You may consider it sad but then again I am guessing that you don’t have any issue with people not complying with
    regulations put in place to stop a deadly virus spreading, otherwise why would it be sad to want them complied with so we can actually reduce them sooner rather than later.
    You guessed wrong.

If they strike up a CV-19 Citizens medal after this is all over though, I hope you’re in line for one.

Quote Originally Posted by Slamdoor View Post
    I’ve picked up a variety of cold bugs having flown back from various places in stuffy cabins where the air is recirculated. The chances of me flying whilst this bug is about are close to zero as I’m not a turkey voting for xmas. Airlines use recycled air to save fuel and will continue to do so. Social distancing on planes is a waste of time other than to give the illusion of some safety.
    Those happy to hop on a plane as soon as feasible are welcome and the best of luck.
    This, exactly this.

Cool

People are moaning, but you've got to remember people like to moan. For example those saying 'Is lock down really happening? - people are going to the beach on mass'.

Of course lockdown is happening, I've just looked at Carbis Bay web cam in St Ives Cornwall. This beach would normally be packed on a bank holiday weekend with this weather and look at it, right now...

I live in York close to the A64, normally on a day like today there would be tailbacks for miles as loads of people from West Yorks head for the Yorkshire Coast, yet traffic is very quiet, and not a traffic jam in sight.
    I agree the majority are complying, I like to moan about those who aren’t. Better be a bit careful though or you will be
    accused of being some kind of vigilante checking webcams of beaches to make sure no ones out

You guessed wrong.

If they strike up a CV-19 Citizens medal after this is all over though, I hope you’re in line for one.
    Well dob someone in then.

I don’t want a medal just want to get out of this ASAP.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    It's on the way home actually, but thanks for your concern.
    You seem to be another former belligerent Bear Pit resident who has decided they’re happier being a needlessly antagonistic and condescending so and so in the general forums.

It was well meant concern.

Just when I think I’ve misunderstood you, you go and prove me wrong.

Master
    Well dob someone in then.

I don’t want a medal just want to get out of this ASAP.
    You might struggle with this, but on my 1 hour out a day (when I’m not working), I don’t see anybody breaking the guidance, so no need to ‘dob’ anybody ‘in’.

Just how long are you out, or where do you live, where this anarchy is witnessed so much?

Blog Entries
    You seem to be another former belligerent Bear Pit resident who has decided they’re happier being a needlessly antagonistic and condescending so and so in the general forums.

It was well meant concern.

Just when I think I’ve misunderstood you, you go and prove me wrong.
    And there was me thinking the opposite so we’re both surprised aren’t we.

Master
    And there was me thinking the opposite so we’re both surprised aren’t we.
    QED.

You might struggle with this, but on my 1 hour out a day (when I’m not working), I don’t see anybody breaking the guidance, so no need to ‘dob’ anybody ‘in’.

Just how long are you out, or where do you live, where this anarchy is witnessed so much?
    Lucky you, and I didn’t say I saw any anarchy did I, mentioned 2 incidents in 6 weeks but have been suggesting to those who do see anarchy that they can do something about it.

Master
    Lucky you, and I didn’t say I saw any anarchy did I, mentioned 2 incidents in 6 weeks but have been suggesting to those who do see anarchy that they can do something about it.
    2 incidents in 6 weeks, is that it? You seem to be giving a very different impression, although perhaps it’s just me.

Why do you go around the forum tilting at windmills so much then?

2 incidents in 6 weeks, is that it? You seem to be giving a very different impression, although perhaps it’s just me.

I think it must be you, Im commenting on other people’s posts like you are.

Master
    I think it must be you, Im commenting on other people’s posts like you are.
    No, I think you and me both know you’re doing much more than just that.

Whatever floats your boat though.

No, I think you and me both know you’re doing much more than just that.

Whatever floats your boat though.
    Well you obviously think you do but I have no idea what you are talking about.

Blog Entries

Irony.

Master
    Irony.
    Idiocy.

Master
    Any old irony, any old irony, any any any old irony!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tixntox View Post
    Any old irony, any old irony, any any any old irony!

I am not moaning at all as i just pointed out that a lot of people are not following the rules of lockdown .

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/news....bakes-11985648

I am not moaning at all as i just pointed out that a lot of people are not following the rules of lockdown .

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/news....bakes-11985648
    It must be incredibly hard and frustrating when some media outlets seem to print/publish contradictory and often provocative information sometimes several times in the same day.

I think we have a long way to go as yet.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Can someone tell me why it seems garden centres seem to be at the forefront of shops opening and also why people have actually been going to B&Q During all of this? How are these such important establishments?

And yet...Devon and Cornwall police have had a mare this weekend

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Good point.

I was supposed to be in the US now but I'm certainly not getting on a 'plane with all that recirculated air until this thing is over (if it ever is).

Got a week in Rye planned for August, I hope things are a lot safer then.
    I would have thought that the HEPA-filtered air on a plane is actually relatively safe, Neil. That aside, like you I should have been heading stateside soon for the birth of my granddaughter. Not even sure that I'll get there this year now.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Can someone tell me why it seems garden centres seem to be at the forefront of shops opening and also why people have actually been going to B&Q During all of this? How are these such important establishments?
    Something to do with ‘Middle England’ if you believe the press...

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I would have thought that the HEPA-filtered air on a plane is actually relatively safe, Neil. That aside, like you I should have been heading stateside soon for the birth of my granddaughter. Not even sure that I'll get there this year now.
    Agree. Not just the filtration but the cabin air is under constant change...in through the bleed air system and out through the outflow valves...aircraft pressurise by controlling the flow of air...it’s impossible to maintain pressurisation by sealing the hull. There is distribution through the cabin conditioning but very little “re-cycling”. Cabin air undergoes complete change in a matter of minutes. Obviously you’re still at risk if the person next to you in economy is coughing away but the person >2m away isn’t going to spread it to the whole cabin.

If airlines supplied sani-wipes you would also minimise what I think is the bigger risk of contamination on seat back trays, IFE etc.

Personally, the bigger risk going to the states for me are those immigration kiosks and green fingerprint readers...that pretty much funnels everyone to touch exactly the same piece of glass in order to exit the airport.

Something to do with ‘Middle England’ if you believe the press...
    All of the stock of garden centres will perish if not sold and supermarkets now selling plants anyway so it makes sense to allow them to trade provided they avoid being destinations.

Do agree the definition of "essential" is pretty loose but that goes for many businesses that are open.

Agree. Not just the filtration but the cabin air is under constant change...in through the bleed air system and out through the outflow valves...aircraft pressurise by controlling the flow of air...it’s impossible to maintain pressurisation by sealing the hull. There is distribution through the cabin conditioning but very little “re-cycling”. Cabin air undergoes complete change in a matter of minutes. Obviously you’re still at risk if the person next to you in economy is coughing away but the person >2m away isn’t going to spread it to the whole cabin.

If airlines supplied sani-wipes you would also minimise what I think is the bigger risk of contamination on seat back trays, IFE etc.

Personally, the bigger risk going to the states for me are those immigration kiosks and green fingerprint readers...that pretty much funnels everyone to touch exactly the same piece of glass in order to exit the airport.
    I'll be travelling to Brazil in just over a week to work offshore. Flying via Manchester, skipol, Paris, San paulo, Rio. I'm more concerned with touching stuff than air quality to be honest. Talking to some of my mates who have already made the journey the European side seems OK but when you get to Brazil it business as usual apart from everyone wearing face masks.

I've got 1-2 weeks in a hotel room in quarantine after the flight. To be honest I'm not looking forward to that as I generally hate hotels and go a bit cabin crazy quite early. One thing my lot have offered is on my return to the UK (no date for that) they'll pay for a hotel to self isolate in for a week in my home town.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    And yet...Devon and Cornwall police have had a mare this weekend

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
    I wonder how much of that is due to the press strongly suggesting the lock down will be eased by Boris on Sunday and so people don't see the point in waiting a day or two ?

Lockdown easing?

B&Q Sell stuff for essential household maintenance was the original argument. Think few weeks ago they were only selling such items though now the floodgates are open.

Garden centres are largely open-air establishments so less perceived risk than other shops. There is also the commercial side - should be their busiest period and many will otherwise go out of business. There’s also the psychological aspect for many people stuck at home, a nice garden makes it more bearable. Overall seems more arguments for opening these than some other shops.

Edit - thought of something else. Much of what garden centres sell is not easily available on line (compost for example).

Craftsman
    A bit of an explanation here re air recirculation:https://www.sciencefocus.com/science...n-a-plane/amp/

Still I’ll not be rushing on any plane soon as partner is one of the ‘shielded’.

Take care out there

Jake

Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    I wonder how much of that is due to the press strongly suggesting the lock down will be eased by Boris on Sunday and so people don't see the point in waiting a day or two ?
    I.e any excuse despite being told there are no change to restrictions and comply with them over the weekend and that any changes are likely to be minor but do think the press have been even more irresponsible than usual basing their speculation on zero facts.

Quote Originally Posted by subseastu View Post
    I'll be travelling to Brazil in just over a week to work offshore. Flying via Manchester, skipol, Paris, San paulo, Rio. I'm more concerned with touching stuff than air quality to be honest. Talking to some of my mates who have already made the journey the European side seems OK but when you get to Brazil it business as usual apart from everyone wearing face masks.

I've got 1-2 weeks in a hotel room in quarantine after the flight. To be honest I'm not looking forward to that as I generally hate hotels and go a bit cabin crazy quite early. One thing my lot have offered is on my return to the UK (no date for that) they'll pay for a hotel to self isolate in for a week in my home town.

I’ve been flying long haul throughout this lockdown...I’ve been to all the ‘hot spots’ including Seattle, New York...I’ve been on aircraft with hundreds of cruise ship repatriations, repatriations from India etc. I share headsets with colleagues. Using sanii-wipes and washing hands, I’ve not felt at risk at all in the aircraft. I’ve not personally heard of any of my colleagues on these trips catching coronavirus either. The worst thing in my mind has been the remote control for the hotel TV’s...but I’ve always seen them as a pretty disgusting source of germs!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Edit - thought of something else. Much of what garden centres sell is not easily available on line (compost for example).
    My wife has been ordering compost via the Milkman, it’s quite a list of stuff they can deliver when you sit and look at it.

Seeds she’s got online from the usual online garden centres.

I agree that the definitions have been poorly defined and wobbled about, and the newspaper coverage of their perceptions/wishes of what’s going to be announced tomorrow (if anything) have been very unhelpful.

I.e any excuse despite being told there are no change to restrictions and comply with them over the weekend and that any changes are likely to be minor but do think the press have been even more irresponsible than usual basing their speculation on zero facts.

I think you are spot on. The media is a bigger menace than the virus at the moment. And before anyone suggests that it’s because they were briefed, then they need to say who briefed them and when.

Especially now that it looks as if it all kicked of in some parts of London, because of the shit being peddled by the media. If people aren’t careful the experts will decide to add a couple of extra weeks on our sentence to avoid a second spike and more deaths.

Some of the people in this country are completely brainless. Clap for the NHS on Thursday, social distance yesterday, have a party today! Cretins!

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Master

Agreed!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    Some of the people in this country are completely brainless. Clap for the NHS on Thursday, social distance yesterday, have a party today! Cretins!
    Blimey, agreed again!

Sounds like my next-door neighbour. Always out there clapping. Yesterday her parents came round and sat on the drive eating and drinking. Nominal distance between them but still passed glasses, shared food etc.

It's uphill all the way to the second peak I'm afraid.
    F.T.F.A.

I’ve been flying long haul throughout this lockdown...I’ve been to all the ‘hot spots’ including Seattle, New York...I’ve been on aircraft with hundreds of cruise ship repatriations, repatriations from India etc. I share headsets with colleagues. Using sanii-wipes and washing hands, I’ve not felt at risk at all in the aircraft. I’ve not personally heard of any of my colleagues on these trips catching coronavirus either. The worst thing in my mind has been the remote control for the hotel TV’s...but I’ve always seen them as a pretty disgusting source of germs!
    Thanks, that puts me more at ease. I was actually thinking the other day about the cleanliness of hotel rooms. I think I'll take a few wipes and give stuff a once over when I get there