closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Premier League 2023-24

Hybrid View

City buying Rice would be just another example of them buying a player they don’t really need to stop him improving a potential rival. The sooner the cheating tw@ts get banned, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Traveller View Post
    City buying Rice would be just another example of them buying a player they don’t really need to stop him improving a potential rival. The sooner the cheating tw@ts get banned, the better.
    😂😂😂😂😂

By the way, could you furnish us with the last player City signed to stop a rival getting them ?
    Go on, just one .

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    By the way, could you furnish us with the last player City signed to stop a rival getting them ?
    Go on, just one .
    You offered Sterling a King's ransom to drag him from Liverpool
    That was integral in the early financial doping

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    I can’t recall. Was it an official approach to the player or were there suggestions of “tapping up”?

https://www.theguardian.com/football...irgil-van-dijk

Your joking right?

Sterling wanted to leave Liverpool and given the choice between being managed by Pep or being managed by Brendan Rogers thats pretty much a no brainer.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Your joking right?

Sterling wanted to leave Liverpool and given the choice between being managed by Pep or being managed by Brendan Rogers thats pretty much a no brainer.
    Lol
    will we get the Liverpool fans on who saw Sterling develop at Liverpool and then leave for money.
    What about Suarez-Did Rodgers mess up his career?
    What a fud u are.
    Does Rodger's return to Celtic worry that your precious Rangers are in trouble.

Lol
    will we get the Liverpool fans on who saw Sterling develop at Liverpool and then leave for money.
    What about Suarez-Did Rodgers mess up his career?
    What a fud u are.
    Does Rodger's return to Celtic worry that your precious Rangers are in trouble.
    LOL
    Will we get the Watford fans on who saw Sterling develop at Watford and then leave for money etc etc .

Master
    I’m a Liverpool supporter you deluded Rangers obsessed clown.
    Is this denial along the same lines as you saying the Saudi's were not a terrorist state when you had your arse handed to you a few days ago.
    Surprised you came back so soon tbh.

Is this denial along the same lines as you saying the Saudi's were not a terrorist state when you had your arse handed to you a few days ago.
    Surprised you came back so soon tbh.
    Nice attempt at deflection but show me where Saudi Arabia has been declared a terrorist state and by which nations.

Not where someone claims to speak for all using the royal “we” or someone who is desperate to drum up support for themselves to deflect from the fact they have no idea what they are on about, have an unhealthy obsession with a rival club (that would be you)

I know this may be hard for you to grasp but I (and if you care to look at this thread quite a few people) couldn’t care less about Celtic no matter how much you try and shoe horn them into the conversation.

Rogers was a former Liverpool manager, Sterling was a former Liverpool player. I know it’s a tough one to grasp but neither of these things have anything to do with Celtic (or Saudi Arabia for that matter)

Anyone watching Scotland, bit wet up there.

Hope they can get going again.

Master
    Your joking right?

Oh yeh
    Think Sterling signed for Pellegrini and not Pep
    Liverpool supporter my arse

Oh yeh
    Think Sterling signed for Pellegrini and not Pep
    Liverpool supporter my arse
    You sit up until 4am on Wikipedia to find that one out?

Two things,

One neither of them are Liverpool managers so I couldn’t care less.

Two, both are better then Rogers.

Master
    You sit up until 4am on Wikipedia to find that one out?

Two things,

One neither of them are Liverpool managers so I couldn’t care less.

Two, both are better then Rogers.
    Nope
    Was up watching US open golf
    Just thought as a Liverpool fan you'd have known who had bought him.
    Also thought you'd know how to spell your ex managers name.

Drag him from Liverpool ?
    Nope , Sterling wanted to leave Liverpool . Both United and Chelsea submitted bids but he wanted City . His wages doubled (I think) from what Liverpool were offering but this is a regular occurrence, no ? Sterling acted professionally throughout the transfer saga and helped Liverpool get a significant fee .

Integral in the early financial doping ??
    What does this actually mean ? It makes no sense whatsoever .
    City pay Liverpool £49 million and that’s financial doping ?
    Last edited by thegoat; 18th June 2023 at 07:22.

Drag him from Liverpool ?
    Nope , Sterling wanted to leave Liverpool . Both United and Chelsea submitted bids but he wanted City . His wages doubled (I think) from what Liverpool were offering but this is a regular occurrence, no ? Sterling acted professionally throughout the transfer saga and helped Liverpool get a significant fee .

Integral in the early financial doping ??
    What does this actually mean ? It makes no sense whatsoever .
    City pay Liverpool £49 million and that’s financial doping ?
    There is not a single Liverpool fan out there who didnt know he wanted to leave. Former Liverpool players trying to convince him to stay, Rogers doing everything to convince him to stay, it was in the papers nearly every day.

There is not a single Liverpool fan out there who didnt know he wanted to leave. Former Liverpool players trying to convince him to stay, Rogers doing everything to convince him to stay, it was in the papers nearly every day.
    Wait until we put a bid in for Salah ;)
    You’ll obviously know a lot more about the Liverpool side of the deal but I think I recall the animosity stemmed from his agent at the time .
    I don’t recall Raheem actually making noises or demanding to be let go, ( thinking on, didn’t he ask not to go on the pre season tour?) behaving quite well throughout. I think his decision was borne out by the trophies he did win even though he missed out on the Chumps League.
    I know the media went to town on him and quite frankly some of the abuse dished out to him at 90% of football grounds afterwards because of this coverage was shocking.
    Luckily for Raheem , City went and bought Grealish to take the abuse instead.
    Anyway, Im still trying to come up with a player that City took from a rival to make them weaker , but doesn’t feature for the team .

If United don’t want McTominay I would be happy for him to sign for Everton, but it won’t happen. Not because we are shit, but because he has never played for Burnley

Go on, just one .
    Kalvin Phillips

Kalvin Phillips
    Jesus .
    Righto , who else was in for him ? He was brought in to work alongside /complement Rodri at the base of the midfield .
    Pep brought him in with a specific sharing role in mind . He wasn’t to know that Phillips would be injured early on in his City career . He then saw his arse when the player came back from the World Cup overweight . He’s been on and off the bench in fits and starts for a reason . The drop off from Rodri was huge at the minute and to take a chance on Phillips at the time would’ve been suicidal . Pep has come out numerous times to give Kalvin his backing and support him if he wants to stay next season ( which Phillips does , apparently)
    He will be given more chances next season .
    I hope this answers your question but feel free to offer another player the cheating t@@ts have taken to stop other teams strengthening.
    Especially after we weakened Arsenal by selling them Jesus and Zinchenko and Chelsea with Sterling .

Jesus .
    Righto , who else was in for him ? He was brought in to work alongside /complement Rodri at the base of the midfield .
    Pep brought him in with a specific sharing role in mind . He wasn’t to know that Phillips would be injured early on in his City career . He then saw his arse when the player came back from the World Cup overweight . He’s been on and off the bench in fits and starts for a reason . The drop off from Rodri was huge at the minute and to take a chance on Phillips at the time would’ve been suicidal . Pep has come out numerous times to give Kalvin his backing and support him if he wants to stay next season ( which Phillips does , apparently)
    He will be given more chances next season .
    I hope this answers your question but feel free to offer another player the cheating t@@ts have taken to stop other teams strengthening.
    Especially after we weakened Arsenal by selling them Jesus and Zinchenko and Chelsea with Sterling .

To be fair you weakened Arsenal by pumping us 4-1 at the Etihad. Would have won the league otherwise.

Thumbs up

Really?!

Groan.

To be fair that’s Chelsea, not City.