closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 383 of 419 FirstFirst ... 283333373381382383384385393 ... LastLast
Results 19,101 to 19,150 of 20940

Thread: The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Did they need the serial number to order the straps? Might not be just your pocket hurting haha
    You seriously still believe that old ?

Quote Originally Posted by Toshk View Post
    You seriously still believe that old ?
    I know someone who was banned so yes

Did they need the serial number to order the straps? Might not be just your pocket hurting haha
    I wasn't asked for the serial number and yes, £1,320 for 2 straps (and one is rubber) hurts in more places than one pmsl. The straps incorporate the new quick release system so I am tied into their ecosystem. There are a couple of Chinese strap manufacturers producing the new quick release but I wouldn't want to take the risk of one of them failing on me.

I registered the watch and warranty on AP's website so they now know the original owner moved it on.

Sent from my SM-G998B using TZ-UK mobile app

I know someone who was banned so yes
    Same here. With both AP and PP they have people tracking change of ownership/warranty and it has implications.

Quote Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
    I wasn't asked for the serial number and yes, £1,320 for 2 straps (and one is rubber) hurts in more places than one pmsl. The straps incorporate the new quick release system so I am tied into their ecosystem. There are a couple of Chinese strap manufacturers producing the new quick release but I wouldn't want to take the risk of one of them failing on me.
    Very nice. There is a thread on TRF where for approx 900 USD AP will make you a custom cordura strap. I asked in London and they hadn’t heard of it so it will probably make its way to us at some point. For my ROO 43 long on one side and regular on the other is perfect but paying for two straps isn’t going to happen. Makes cordura almost interesting.

Finally picked up a Black Bay 54 last Friday after much prevaricating about size, no more short term Tudors etc etc.

I wore an OP36 to the pickup to get the mid size calibrated in my mind and actually the 54 wore like a 39mm watch in comparison, with the substantial lugs hugging my 7 inch wrist rather nicely.

Anyway imo it wears beautifully and I can see what the fuss is about. It will be my daily wearer for the next few weeks and hopefully a keeper, I see no reason why that should not be the case with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    Finally picked up a Black Bay 54 last Friday after much prevaricating about size, no more short term Tudors etc etc.

I wore an OP36 to the pickup to get the mid size calibrated in my mind and actually the 54 wore like a 39mm watch in comparison, with the substantial lugs hugging my 7 inch wrist rather nicely.
    Very nice. This calibration thing is definitely true. Nowadays I 'prepare' myself for trying a new watch on by wearing something of similar dimensions for a good few days before hand. It's amazing how we get used to certain sizes. I spent years wearing a 36mm Explorer on 18cm wrist and had convinced myself I couldn't go much above that. Simply not true (although there is an upper limit).

It's up there in my top three at present. Big Pilot 43.

Quote Originally Posted by j111dja View Post
    Wow! That's something!

Master

NO DATE, huray !

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Wow! That's something!

Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    NO DATE, huray !

Thanks. It's a lovely watch.
    Last edited by j111dja; 25th June 2023 at 18:07.

Master
    Blog Entries
    That's really nicely done. Enjoy

Decided to grab a Casio while passing through Schiphol. Can’t go wrong for under a ton. Visibility in the dark is not the best, but it’s a fun watch so I don’t care..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AshUK View Post
    Visibility in the dark is not the best, but it’s a fun watch so I don’t care..

Does the light function not help?

Craftsman
    Feeling like a lucky boy this morning. I've been a long-time admirer of Vacheron Constantin but over the past few years their sports offering has been way out of reach. With prices settling down I did a deal to pretty much straight swap for a sports Rolex for this lovely Overseas Dual Time:

It feels like a different level to the similarly valued Rolex and hopefully wont draw the unwanted attention the departing watch did. It's a 2012 watch but has just returned from VC where it had a full service.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt M View Post
    Feeling like a lucky boy this morning. I've been a long-time admirer of Vacheron Constantin but over the past few years their sports offering has been way out of reach. With prices settling down I did a deal to pretty much straight swap for a sports Rolex for this lovely Overseas Dual Time:

It feels like a different level to the similarly valued Rolex and hopefully wont draw the unwanted attention the departing watch did. It's a 2012 watch but has just returned from VC where it had a full service.
    This beats any Rolex any day. Well done with that swap!

Craftsman
    Spontaneous purchase on Saturday. I don’t know why I waited so long, it’s gorgeous.

A bit more formal than I'm used to but the dial on this is great. My first Reverso and I'm really pleased with it - so comfortable.

Sent from my LE2113 using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    A big thumbs up from me, very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by TH14TH14 View Post
    A bit more formal than I'm used to but the dial on this is great. My first Reverso and I'm really pleased with it - so comfortable.

Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Journeyman
    Well, this is rather unexpected.
    I bought a nearly new JLC Reverso back in January 21, and I had forgotten that I expressed an interest in purchasing an Explorer. In the meantime, I purchased a Black Bay 36 as I thought there was no chance of me ever getting the Explorer. Anyway, I had a call from the AD on Thursday to say they had one, and I was next on the list! I thanked them and declined, explaining that I now had the BB36. 'No problem - they will offer it to the next person on the list.'
    Having slept on it, I changed my mind and rang them back on Friday to say that I would take it and trade the BB36 in.
    Turns out I was in luck as the person who was offered it after me also declined, so the deal was done, and I picked it up yesterday!
    Very unexpected but pleasant surprise!
    Apparently, I have to wait 12 months for them to issue the warranty card (they have given me a photocopy for now). I have no intention of flipping it, but this is common practice, apparently ?

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

Hamilton Khaki Field Chronograph. It's big at 44mm. I am more than impressed with it.

Last edited by j111dja; 27th June 2023 at 16:36.

New to me today (from Qatar-Wol). It's on a strap at the moment as my watch screwdrivers have mysteriously disappeared and I need to add a link to the bracelet.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman53 View Post
    Apparently, I have to wait 12 months for them to issue the warranty card (they have given me a photocopy for now). I have no intention of flipping it, but this is common practice, apparently ?
    No it is not common practice, I have never had a AD mention or hold back a warrant card having purchased quite a few watches from various AD's over the past few years.

Master
    Just arrived. This is a bit dressier than I normally wear, may take a little getting used to. The grey dial with the rose gold is a lovely combination though.
    I think I may look to source a distressed grey strap, as I think that may work well with jeans and t-shirt.

Andy.
    Last edited by gorrie; 27th June 2023 at 18:07.

Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    No it is not common practice, I have never had a AD mention or hold back a warrant card having purchased quite a few watches from various AD's over the past few years.
    An attempt to slow down sales/flipping in a slower market maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by gorrie View Post
    Just arrived. This is a bit dressier than I normally wear, may take a little getting used to. The grey dial with the rose gold is a lovely combination though.
    I think I may look to source a distressed grey strap, as I think that may work well with jeans and t-shirt.

Andy.
    That is stunning!

Journeyman
    Really like that mate, great buy. Agreed on the strap, I think it'll dress down nicely

Quote Originally Posted by Marios View Post
    That is stunning!
    It is exceptional. I’m always amazed by some of the watches that pop up which I’ve never seen before.

Blue done right.

That’s wonderful! Any pics of the reverse?

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Blue done right.

Coming to SC in 1 … 2 … 3 …

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Coming to SC in 1 … 2 … 3 …

Very nice that IWC and I also haven't seen it before, I think.

I couldn't agree more

Just to be clear, are you bored with seeing nice watches posted on a watch forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    I couldn't agree more

Master
    Timex going Bauhaus

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman53 View Post

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
    I’m sure they can no longer keep hold of warranty cards, there was a big thing about it maybe 2 years ago and AD’s have to release them with the watch

Craftsman
    Didn’t have a chrono in the collection, considered the cheaper 45mm but much prefer this colour combo.

DS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by EmilA View Post
    I’m sure they can no longer keep hold of warranty cards, there was a big thing about it maybe 2 years ago and AD’s have to release them with the watch
    Yes, I’m sure there’s case law deeming retention of the card unlawful.

Master
    I probably wouldn’t have considered this before the Moonswatch happened, but it is objectively better in every way at a third of the price - and it’s also kind of it’s own thing.

Andy.
    Classy stuff.

I went goofy this past week and ordered FIVE watches (the bottom three were SO cheap I couldn't resist!). Also ordered two new straps.

The new strap for the Marathon:

Last edited by pacifichrono; 30th June 2023 at 21:02.

Been without a watch for the best part of 3 months as I thought I was getting out of the hobby (obsession) however I was offered a Tudor and low and behold a Damasko came up also. I have put my Snoopy strap on the Damasko which in my opinion looks and feels great.

So I am now the proud owner of these two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something cheap and easy for holiday...

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Yes, I’m sure there’s case law deeming retention of the card unlawful.
    Yup, it was a real mess and Rolex had to tell all of their AD’s that the practice had to stop immediately. Very surprised to hear that an AD was foolish enough to suggest this.

Beautiful Seiko SKX033 with its crown at “3” o’clock and slim case as well as moderate diameter in excellent condition

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ginpopy View Post
    Beautiful Seiko SKX033 with its crown at “3” o’clock and slim case as well as moderate diameter in excellent condition

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
    That is lovely!

That’s wonderful! Any pics of the reverse?
    It's not a Duoface model so just plain steel on the back.

I was lucky enough to have another arrive this weekend and one that I've been waiting a while for - the Anniversary FF. I had to sell a few watches to accommodate this but I'm glad I did. I've been waiting for a model that's in between the 40mm and 45mm versions for quite a while. This one is perfectly sized to my eyes. I could do without the date and a bit less text on the dial but I still love it.

Craftsman
    It's not a Duoface model so just plain steel on the back.

I was lucky enough to have another arrive this weekend and one that I've been waiting a while for - the Anniversary FF. I had to sell a few watches to accommodate this but I'm glad I did. I've been waiting for a model that's in between the 40mm and 45mm versions for quite a while. This one is perfectly sized to my eyes. I could do without the date and a bit less text on the dial but I still love it.

That is a stunner!