closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: ULEZ Camera Vandalism

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by KavKav View Post
    This guy Khan is really giving it to Londoners, imho looking down from the Midlands, he is just a ****ing ****hole who is where is is via the disgraceful ‘postal vote’ system!
    But most Londoners support it and in many boroughs more people make do without a car than own one.
    Bit mystified as to the attention the mayor gets from outside the capital? As a Londoner I have no opinion on other cities mayors as their policies are of no benefit or hindrance to me and I can’t vote for or against!?

ULEZ Camera Vandalism

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    Bit mystified as to the attention the mayor gets from outside the capital?
    You clearly have never read the below the line comments section of the Torygraph for any SK or ULEZ article.

He, and everything he stands for is hated by middle England. The vitriol towards him and his policies is immense.

I know the reasons why, but that is for the BP rather G&D.

Personally, I just hate TFL as an organisation, as I have experience where they have screwed me over and been dishonest.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    But most Londoners support it and in many boroughs more people make do without a car than own one.
    Bit mystified as to the attention the mayor gets from outside the capital? As a Londoner I have no opinion on other cities mayors as their policies are of no benefit or hindrance to me and I can’t vote for or against!?
    Manchester has a keen eye on this because the feeling is very much we are next. The charging zone here is "under review". Burnham is a Khan type and is down on record as whinging in parlament that Manchester was not on a list of areas to have clean air zones. When he got what he wanted and suffered a backlash he blamed the government for imposing it. What he was supposed to do was introduce a city centre scheme. What he did do is join together with all the local councils to create a zone bigger than the London expansion. I believe 80% of cars in the London zone comply so we are dealing with 2 out of 10 cars. In a few years they would all be gone anyway. This is about getting the framework in to change the goalposts later. In 10 years time it will be £12.50 to drive your Electric car.

Councils will always look to the 'quick fix' for their financial deficit..............

Always useful to hang the 'green' agenda on it, of course.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Councils will always look to the 'quick fix' for their financial deficit..............

Always useful to hang the 'green' agenda on it, of course.
    As in Wales where next month the 30 mph limit in towns gets reduced to 20 mph....

Quote Originally Posted by Barryboy View Post
    As in Wales where next month the 30 mph limit in towns gets reduced to 20 mph....
    I think they are touting the reason for the reduction as safety related rather than green. Its definitely not good for the environment driving everywhere in 2nd gear, but yes, they'll get plenty of fines filling the coffers whatever their reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    I think they are touting the reason for the reduction as safety related rather than green. Its definitely not good for the environment driving everywhere in 2nd gear, but yes, they'll get plenty of fines filling the coffers whatever their reasoning.
    Everywhere is 20mph here. Don’t see the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    The problem I see is when I experiment and try it I have to be in a lower gears than at 30mph. This means I spend more time travelling a set distance at the same revs as before which equals more emissions. Simple maths but it's not a biggy I agree, my point was that the environment can't reasonably be used as a reason for the 20mph limit. Safety yes, the environment no.
    Conversely not far from me on the m4 there is a long section with a 50mph limit that they have put in place for environmental reasons. This I can see (except it goes past Port Talbot steelworks which spews out God knows what), as average mpg increases a fair bit on the trip computer over this section as top gear is still usable. Unlike the 20mph limit.

Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    Where is 'here' please? So I can make a mental note of where to avoid. Not that I go anywhere near a town if I can possibly avoid it. Horrible smelly places full of people.