closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone had a GOOD experience with DFS?

Hybrid View

Master
    Blog Entries

Anyone had a GOOD experience with DFS?

We're looking for 2 sofas and the most comfortable so far is from DFS. There is a load of negative feedback online but surely much of what they sell is OK? Annoyed customers tend to be more vocal than happy ones, I think

If anyone has been happy with their purchase from them (particularly in leather, ideally the Dalmore) I'd be grateful for the peace of mind.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I bought a corner sofa from them around 6 years ago.
    Aside from them not wanting to take any money for it (kept pushing credit) and trying to shove the leather card package down my throat, it's been fine.
    Not the last word in quality but certainly good enough to park your bum on.

As it happens, I'm sleeping on it tonight as two of my four kids have a sickness bug and have stolen my space in the bed!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    I bought a corner sofa from them around 6 years ago.
    Aside from them not wanting to take any money for it (kept pushing credit) and trying to shove the leather card package down my throat, it's been fine.
    Not the last word in quality but certainly good enough to park your bum on.
    Same here, quality good enough to last pretty well for 5 years or so then showed its age a little in the leather. Certainly no complaints, was delivered on time (6-8 weeks IIRC). Agree with credit - I said I could pay with cash if they gave me a discount - they said they couldn't then seemed surprised when I took the 5 year interest free credit - almost fought me on it bizarrely.

This was 10 years ago though and the company may have changed by now - especially with a downturn in the economy where there is a race to the bottom.

We've had two from them, I find they are good for 4-5 years but for the last year you'll be saying it's time to buy a new one. One thing I will say is if like us you buy a fabric one, check and then check again the colour you buy. We got ours delivered and it was the wrong colour but we then found out the shop assistant had written the wrong colour on our order and we signed it so nothing we could do, his word against ours.

Well still use them again if they have a sofa we like.

I "think!" I have the sofa you are talking about..

PM me.

Still using a sofa I bought in 2001. Apart from the corner where my late cats rubbed against it it's fine.

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    Yes...just got rid of a 3 seater leather we had for 10 years or so after it finally got beaten into submission by the kids. It owed me nothing. Replaced it (and anither) from DFS and perfectly happy with what we have. They may not be the bespoke bees knees but they are perfectly good enough in my opinion.

Master

Anyone had a GOOD experience with DFS?

I've not used DFS but I have used SCS, which are exactly the same sort of firm. Quality, service, delivery etc. Were all fine, the sofa lasted well, no complaints.

My advice wood be don't get fooled by any discount. Ignore the full price, concentrate on the offer price and consider whether that isolation is a good deal. The negotiate, firstly negotiate on price (another 10% off), then ask for 0% finance (money in your bank is worth more than ,obey I'm theirs!) and avoid any extras like special protection.

Then you have a reasonable quality sofa at a reasonable price. job done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Thanks guys, feel more positive now.

Tried for discount and failed. Can pay in cash and wife wants to do this, she wants no truck with credit. Not getting the care/insurance.

Delivery is £59, take it or leave it. That narked but taking the total cost of what we want, the local department store wants double and the sofas feel less comfy so DFS it is!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by thenikjones View Post
    the sofas feel less comfy so DFS it is!
    Just a word of caution...

Most of the DFS range come with a selection of ‘fillings’, so please ensure the one you order is the same as the one you sat on and found comfortable.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by burnsey66 View Post
    Just a word of caution...

Most of the DFS range come with a selection of ‘fillings’, so please ensure the one you order is the same as the one you sat on and found comfortable.
    Yes that's important. I bought 3 sofas off them say 3 years ago for my lounge. 3 years on they are still great. Like burnsey said he aware of the fillings. We paid extra (I think £60ish each) for two of them and they are as good as new, no drop at all. There's was a thread on this only a couple of months ago. They divide opinion, however I can only talk about my experience and that is good.

Blog Entries
    Went into DFS about 10 years ago to buy a couple of 3 seater sofas, asked for a discount for cash and the sales guy smiled and said "no chance", I just smiled back and said "Goodbye"!

We went to JL, got a couple of really nice sofas even though it was a few hundred quid more and we are still happily and very comfortably sitting on them, so thanks DFS, you actually did us a favour!

Apprentice
    I bought a material chez long type sofa and storage footstool (poufee?) around 8 years ago. With 2 sub 10 year old kids using it as a trampoline, it's been great! I Scothguarded it myself when it arrived.

It's looking a little tired now but I wouldn't hesitate in getting another.

We've had one of their L shape corner sofas since 2011 and it's been fine. Leather still looks good apart from the odd claw mark from the dogs. I'd have no worries with using them again.

When we needed to buy a new leather sofa in 2014 we looked in DFS - I was impressed by the choice available and there were a couple there I liked. They looked good and felt very comfy.

We ended up buying one from John Lewis though, it was a cheaper option.

Craftsman
    Bought a nice leather corner suite just over a year ago, seems very good value.

Only issue we've had was a slight make on one of the fixed cushions, someone came out with some magic leather paint kit, perfect match and still good 9 months on.

No discount for cash, so 0% over 4 years it was

Master
    Nothing wrong with our experience either. The sofas were fine, and only got given away when we moved and they didn't fit in the new place.

Craftsman
    Bought a fabric sofa and sofa bed there about eight years ago and it's still going strong despite having three cats. No complaints here.