closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Would you sell a Great White GMT for a 2254.50

Hybrid View

Apprentice
    The 2254.50 is probably the only nice watch Omega has done since the 60's so I would get it.

I had my Great White as a first proper watch and it will stay with me.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Pottifar View Post
    The 2254.50 is probably the only nice watch Omega has done since the 60's so I would get it.
    You seriously can't pick anything you like in 1970s, 80s, 90s or 2000's Omega? Nothing?

Got married in my Great White (closest thing to a dress watch I owned at the time) wouldn't part with it easily. Always hankered after a 2254 mind so can understand the temptation.

Master
    Blog Entries
    If the only issue is that you don't use the GMT bezel much then why not look into changing the bezel? It used to be ~£160 to get the diver bezel and I have seen this modification done (to a black GMT if not the white one) so you'll have a very versatile package. The GMT hand is easily overloooked so won't really be a distraction.

Getting the dive model gives you the He valve which is not remotely positive IMO

EDIT: post #10 here shows the black faced GMT with the dive bezel. Have been tempted myself to make this change http://forums.watchuseek.com/f20/223...el-283239.html
    Last edited by thenikjones; 4th January 2017 at 14:17.

If you really don't wear the Great White that much and you would the 2254 then do it. It's all good and well keeping the watch that is pretty uncommon but if you don't like it that much and don't have the funds to just keep it for the sake of it then maybe it should go. Easy to say of course but I have let things go eventually that I loved but just never wore and as of yet I've not regretted it (too much!)

Shame you can't get a 2254 and have both for a while whilst you decide.

P.S. How many people have tried to buy your Great White so far today? :)

Grand Master
    Putting £1500 into a 2254.50 is a sensible investment IMO. Far more sensible than paying over list price for some of the Rolex 'forum darlings' at the moment. I regret letting mine go a few years ago. I already own two SMPs so I`m not looking for a 2254.50 myself, but it's a watch I still admire. I had mine on a Bond bracelet, for me that was the ideal combination.

Paul

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pottifar View Post
    The only nice watch Omega has made in the last 50 years?

Good or job others disagree otherwise Omega would have gone bust years ago!