closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Vintage Speedy prices!!!

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by peter2704 View Post
    Forgive me,I dont really take much notice of watch prices but bored like you do sometimes, I was looking at the values of vintage speedies, I favour the 69 to 74 period ones, and the stepped dial is a must.Jesus! these have become expensive ,some rough ones for around the 4k mark!! It does make me think and I wish I had held onto some of the ones I let go so I could sample other brands....where will it all end?
    Not bothering with them, that's where.

Complete madness reigns, pre moons 5, 6, 7k, 68 transitionals even more. As for Ed White's, a couple of years ago 3.5k now, 10k minimum and keep going north. Even flat dial 70/80s ones 3 to 4.
    I too wish I'd kept the ones l've had, but if me auntie had bollo.......etc.
    Luckily, I kept my 65 Ed, minter 66 & big logo caseback 69. Never see them though as they are in a vault!

ALL the vintage speedy fun now departed, £800 eBay jobs a fading memory. Leave it for the 'investors' to hoover em all up & see where they end up once the party's over.

Quote Originally Posted by bongo View Post
    Not bothering with them, that's where.

Complete madness reigns, pre moons 5, 6, 7k, 68 transitionals even more. As for Ed White's, a couple of years ago 3.5k now, 10k minimum and keep going north. Even flat dial 70/80s ones 3 to 4.
    I too wish I'd kept the ones l've had, but if me auntie had bollo.......etc.
    Luckily, I kept my 65 Ed, minter 66 & big logo caseback 69. Never see them though as they are in a vault!

ALL the vintage speedy fun now departed, £800 eBay jobs a fading memory. Leave it for the 'investors' to hoover em all up & see where they end up once the party's over.

That’s the bloody problem now. Watches are for wearing yet the stupid prices are just guaranteeing they never see the light of day. Killed my passion for Vintage Rolex, Omega etc. Just wish this bubble would burst and we can get back to wearing these beautiful older timepieces. Bit sad really.