closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: MX-5 or Fiesta ST?

Hybrid View

Master
    Hot hatches are great fun, but in the end they just feel like any other modern small car (just a faster, stiffer sprung one). A proper sportscar is a completely different driving experience - just what you need for a mid-life crisis!

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Rumpus View Post
    Hot hatches are great fun, but in the end they just feel like any other modern small car (just a faster, stiffer sprung one). A proper sportscar is a completely different driving experience - just what you need for a mid-life crisis!
    I have had the opportunity to play in some proper sports cars but for shear fun I thing a modern mini JCW takes some beating.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    I have had the opportunity to play in some proper sports cars but for shear fun I thing a modern mini JCW takes some beating.
    I owned a JCW Clubman a few years ago, it was OK up to about 8 tenths but the handling fell apart when you really pushed it. It was certainly faster than an MX5, but not as much fun (for me, anyway).

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Rumpus View Post
    I owned a JCW Clubman a few years ago, it was OK up to about 8 tenths but the handling fell apart when you really pushed it. It was certainly faster than an MX5, but not as much fun (for me, anyway).
    That may well have been the Clubman bit letting the side down!

I forgot to mention, OP, the Up GTi is getting some good reviews and I've seen a couple of car journalists buy them as personal cars (thinking about it I know quite a few car journalists who've had or still have MX-5s and not a single one with a Fiesta ST...). I had a Lupo GTi a few years ago and it was almost a really good car, just let down by its handling.

I spent some time in a JCW Mini, whiny little thing that didn't flow when it came to rapid cross-country driving.
    "A man of little significance"

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    I forgot to mention, OP, the Up GTi is getting some good reviews and I've seen a couple of car journalists buy them as personal cars (thinking about it I know quite a few car journalists who've had or still have MX-5s and not a single one with a Fiesta ST...). I had a Lupo GTi a few years ago and it was almost a really good car, just let down by its handling.

I spent some time in a JCW Mini, whiny little thing that didn't flow when it came to rapid cross-country driving.
    Supercharged JCW by any chance?

Craftsman
    I only hear good things about the ST, thats were i would go

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post

Most of the journalists have them played with, I did some development driving for the Jota MX5, it took a lot of changes to make it a sports car.

I was talking about the current JCW.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I did some development driving for the Jota MX5, it took a lot of changes to make it a sports car.
    Please give yoúr definition of ´sports car´.

In mine feature weight, width and weight, width; nimble, agile, way above the on the public road almost entirely academic power, acceleation times, top speed.

Congratulations Velorum!!!!

p.s. I went with the left wing suggestions from this very same forum and found a nice MR2 mk3: https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...6-Which-cabrio
    Those are cheaper in the UK than MX5 and have less rust issues.
    On the down side it is more to the extreme; the MX is way more sedate and forgiving plus has sóme luggage space.
    On the latter; dropped a gf off at the airport this morning; although she travels a-typically light ánd offered to keep a suitcase in her lap, had to borrow my son´s car.
    Last edited by Huertecilla; 13th February 2019 at 18:48.

Drivers of MX5's wave at each other when they pass.

Drivers of ST's less so.

Not sure if that is a positive or negative, but it needed to be said....

Blog Entries
    Or an old one