closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 116 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116
Results 5,751 to 5,770 of 5770

Thread: Premier League 2023-24

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Handball, not that it matters you cheating bastards.
    Yeah I thought it was harsh particularly with Oliver being asked to check it by VAR on the screen!

If City had failed to win that would have caused quite the kerfuffle. Maybe Oliver was confused and thought he was refereeing a Liverpool match?

Boring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by j17ykp View Post
    He’s simply trying to force his move away from that small time shower

He’s too good for them- Hojbjerg is there level in fact I’d say he is the most accurate representation of them as a club - runs around and adds the square root of sod all to football in general.
    LOLZ. Calm down, dear

Shame we had such a bad run over the last month or two… missing CL by two points is very frustrating.

Pep isn’t the greatest ever in my book

He’s like the guy who puts better tyres on an already fast car and not the guy who builds the car from the ground up.
    The first sentence is fair enough, the second is laughable

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Yessss. 4 in a row. Hope you enjoyed your graveyard Richard Masters, you rag, scouse and cockney puppet.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    Yessss. 4 in a row. Hope you enjoyed your graveyard Richard Masters, you rag, scouse and cockney puppet.
    Anyone translate?

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post

Fair play. City deserve the title 115%

115 - 6 = Cleared , right ?

After 9 years, today one of the all time PL great managers is leaving and it's the end of an era.

I'm sure Man City will be glad you're leaving but they too must realise what an incredible job you've done, with great fairness at the heart of it and we wish you all the very best of luck for the future .

So long, Emma Hayes.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    After 9 years, today one of the all time PL great managers is leaving and it's the end of an era.

I'm sure Man City will be glad you're leaving but they too must realise what an incredible job you've done, with great fairness at the heart of it and we wish you all the very best of luck for the future .

So long, Emma Hayes.
    So close, 12 years, WSL and it was yesterday but good effort

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    LOLZ. Calm down, dear

Shame we had such a bad run over the last month or two… missing CL by two points is very frustrating.
    Hopefully with the money Villa gets for finishing fourth plus some CL money we should be able to strengthen our squad and make sure next season we make it a bigger gap.
    "A man of little significance"

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    LOLZ. Calm down, dear

Can confirm missing the title by two points doesn't feel any better.

Overall a good season, results against our main rivals all good, just a couple of slip ups which cost us.

City just relentless from December onwards.

Hopefully we'll add a top striker and a bit more depth and be back in the mix next year.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner View Post
    Can confirm missing the title by two points doesn't feel any better.

Overall a good season, results against our main rivals all good, just a couple of slip ups which cost us.

City just relentless from December onwards.

Hopefully we'll add a top striker and a bit more depth and be back in the mix next year.
    It’s the “nearly moments” which cost us I think

If Jorginho didn’t tread on the ball in the NLD when he was last man

If we converted one of the 8 chances in the home villa game

Then adding in mid steps like only taking 1 point out of 6 from Fulham and West Ham

These are things City simply don’t do

Just hope the team can maintain this level again next season.

As for Spurs missing out by two point - it’s spurs you could give them a 20 point head start and they’ll still balls it up. 😂

Master
    Fair play to Arsenal I’d wrote you off from the first day of the season and you almost did it.

Liverpool back in the champions league was the season goal so mission accomplished.

Dyche manager of the year for me. Kept a truly dreadful Everton side up and with the penalty points added back on they would have finished 10th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then adding in mid steps like only taking 1 point out of 6 from Fulham and West Ham

As for Spurs missing out by two point - it’s spurs you could give them a 20 point head start and they’ll still balls it up. 😂
    Arsenals biggest cock up was not taking the game to City at The Etihad . We weren’t in the best of form and had a few out yet Arteta set up for a point .
    Leicester came to City a few years ago and attacked from the off , beating us 3-1 effectively finishing us in that title race .

There's similarities to the Fury v Usyk fight. Arsenal have entertained, sometimes showboated and whined when it hasn't gone their way. Ultimately finishing runner up. City were relentless and, like Usyk, just don't make mistakes.

My early season prediction came true though; Arsenal will win the same number of trophies this season as Newcastle.

Things City don’t do like drawing 2-2 against Palace after being 2 up and conceding last minute equalisers to both Spurs and Chelsea.

The season evens itself out over 38 games.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Arsenals biggest cock up was not taking the game to City at The Etihad . We weren’t in the best of form and had a few out yet Arteta set up for a point .
    Leicester came to City a few years ago and attacked from the off , beating us 3-1 effectively finishing us in that title race .

I think the game plan was to open up at the Etihad but Rodri was like a forcefield.

I reckon we'd have lost that if we'd opened up. 4 points out of 6 vs City? I'll take that all day long.

We dropped points in games where we missed hatfuls of chances to be ahead. Both home games vs West Ham and Villa we should have been 3 up at half time.

Hopefully a clinical striker solves that, we have the lad Sesko coming in from Leverkusen who can provide an option off the bench, plus if we can maintain the development of our young players then we have a chance.

Just buying players doesn't make the difference. We have to look at the market and think which players can we get that are better than what City have. To a degree that happened with Rice (despite City fans calling him a Plodder he walks into their team ahead of Kovacic) but we need to get truly elite players in plus improve who we've already got.

Turning down the chance to sign Kudus in the summer doesn't seem like the smartest idea and I think we should go after him as he's strong and fast and would improve us.

Guimaraes seems to be an option but he's not better than what City have. Not many players are.

You can have Bruno but it'll take a swap for Rice.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Guimaraes seems to be an option but he's not better than what City have. Not many players are.