closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 116 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118 LastLast
Results 5,751 to 5,800 of 5861

Thread: Premier League 2023-24

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Handball, not that it matters you cheating bastards.
    Yeah I thought it was harsh particularly with Oliver being asked to check it by VAR on the screen!

If City had failed to win that would have caused quite the kerfuffle. Maybe Oliver was confused and thought he was refereeing a Liverpool match?

Boring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by j17ykp View Post
    He’s simply trying to force his move away from that small time shower

He’s too good for them- Hojbjerg is there level in fact I’d say he is the most accurate representation of them as a club - runs around and adds the square root of sod all to football in general.
    LOLZ. Calm down, dear

Shame we had such a bad run over the last month or two… missing CL by two points is very frustrating.

Pep isn’t the greatest ever in my book

He’s like the guy who puts better tyres on an already fast car and not the guy who builds the car from the ground up.
    The first sentence is fair enough, the second is laughable

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Yessss. 4 in a row. Hope you enjoyed your graveyard Richard Masters, you rag, scouse and cockney puppet.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    Yessss. 4 in a row. Hope you enjoyed your graveyard Richard Masters, you rag, scouse and cockney puppet.
    Anyone translate?

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post

Fair play. City deserve the title 115%

115 - 6 = Cleared , right ?

After 9 years, today one of the all time PL great managers is leaving and it's the end of an era.

I'm sure Man City will be glad you're leaving but they too must realise what an incredible job you've done, with great fairness at the heart of it and we wish you all the very best of luck for the future .

So long, Emma Hayes.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    After 9 years, today one of the all time PL great managers is leaving and it's the end of an era.

I'm sure Man City will be glad you're leaving but they too must realise what an incredible job you've done, with great fairness at the heart of it and we wish you all the very best of luck for the future .

So long, Emma Hayes.
    So close, 12 years, WSL and it was yesterday but good effort

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    LOLZ. Calm down, dear

Shame we had such a bad run over the last month or two… missing CL by two points is very frustrating.
    Hopefully with the money Villa gets for finishing fourth plus some CL money we should be able to strengthen our squad and make sure next season we make it a bigger gap.
    "A man of little significance"

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    LOLZ. Calm down, dear

Can confirm missing the title by two points doesn't feel any better.

Overall a good season, results against our main rivals all good, just a couple of slip ups which cost us.

City just relentless from December onwards.

Hopefully we'll add a top striker and a bit more depth and be back in the mix next year.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner View Post
    Can confirm missing the title by two points doesn't feel any better.

Overall a good season, results against our main rivals all good, just a couple of slip ups which cost us.

City just relentless from December onwards.

Hopefully we'll add a top striker and a bit more depth and be back in the mix next year.
    It’s the “nearly moments” which cost us I think

If Jorginho didn’t tread on the ball in the NLD when he was last man

If we converted one of the 8 chances in the home villa game

Then adding in mid steps like only taking 1 point out of 6 from Fulham and West Ham

These are things City simply don’t do

Just hope the team can maintain this level again next season.

As for Spurs missing out by two point - it’s spurs you could give them a 20 point head start and they’ll still balls it up. 😂

Master
    Fair play to Arsenal I’d wrote you off from the first day of the season and you almost did it.

Liverpool back in the champions league was the season goal so mission accomplished.

Dyche manager of the year for me. Kept a truly dreadful Everton side up and with the penalty points added back on they would have finished 10th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then adding in mid steps like only taking 1 point out of 6 from Fulham and West Ham

As for Spurs missing out by two point - it’s spurs you could give them a 20 point head start and they’ll still balls it up. 😂
    Arsenals biggest cock up was not taking the game to City at The Etihad . We weren’t in the best of form and had a few out yet Arteta set up for a point .
    Leicester came to City a few years ago and attacked from the off , beating us 3-1 effectively finishing us in that title race .

There's similarities to the Fury v Usyk fight. Arsenal have entertained, sometimes showboated and whined when it hasn't gone their way. Ultimately finishing runner up. City were relentless and, like Usyk, just don't make mistakes.

My early season prediction came true though; Arsenal will win the same number of trophies this season as Newcastle.

Things City don’t do like drawing 2-2 against Palace after being 2 up and conceding last minute equalisers to both Spurs and Chelsea.

The season evens itself out over 38 games.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Arsenals biggest cock up was not taking the game to City at The Etihad . We weren’t in the best of form and had a few out yet Arteta set up for a point .
    Leicester came to City a few years ago and attacked from the off , beating us 3-1 effectively finishing us in that title race .

I think the game plan was to open up at the Etihad but Rodri was like a forcefield.

I reckon we'd have lost that if we'd opened up. 4 points out of 6 vs City? I'll take that all day long.

We dropped points in games where we missed hatfuls of chances to be ahead. Both home games vs West Ham and Villa we should have been 3 up at half time.

Hopefully a clinical striker solves that, we have the lad Sesko coming in from Leverkusen who can provide an option off the bench, plus if we can maintain the development of our young players then we have a chance.

Just buying players doesn't make the difference. We have to look at the market and think which players can we get that are better than what City have. To a degree that happened with Rice (despite City fans calling him a Plodder he walks into their team ahead of Kovacic) but we need to get truly elite players in plus improve who we've already got.

Turning down the chance to sign Kudus in the summer doesn't seem like the smartest idea and I think we should go after him as he's strong and fast and would improve us.

Guimaraes seems to be an option but he's not better than what City have. Not many players are.

You can have Bruno but it'll take a swap for Rice.

Guimaraes seems to be an option but he's not better than what City have. Not many players are.

Pochettino's gone.

Means they must have someone lined up.

Surely not another signing from Brighton!

Poch to Man United?

Master
    Pochettino's gone.

Means they must have someone lined up.

Surely not another signing from Brighton!
    Rumours, and they are only rumours, are McKenna from Ipswich or Kompany from Burnley. Give me strength!!

Next we will see Trevoh Chalobah and Conor Gallagher sold on whilst we bring in more unproven “potential". will be uproar if Palmer is offered for £125m

Master

Premier League 2023-24

Feel for him you can’t sign 30 players all of who are kids and sack him after a season particularly as they finished strong

It takes time

Chelsea are a joke club

Last edited by R0bertb00th; 21st May 2024 at 21:42.

I feel for him. Seems like a nice guy. Good luck to him in his next role

Craftsman
    Dreadful decision.

I guess idiots like Eghbali, Stewart and Winstanley are in CYA mode ... Poch as the scapegoat ... Boehly powerless to intervene ..

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 459GMB View Post
    Dreadful decision.

I guess idiots like Eghbali, Stewart and Winstanley are in CYA mode ... Poch as the scapegoat ... Boehly powerless to intervene ..
    The owners want a “yes” man. Poch wanted more input into transfers, to have a say on who leaves and who they bring in. The three not so wise monkeys denied him that, reminding him that his role is to coach what they give him. Take it or leave it.

Rightly then Poch has took a big chunk of severance pay and gone.

Good luck to him. I think he’s done a good job in the circumstances. Cannot be easy motivating a bunch of kids on three times what they were previously earning with the knowledge that their money is guaranteed for up to eight more years.

Hopefully Gallagher will stay another season and go on a free transfer. He can get a decent signing on fee; Club will get what they deserve - nothing! Not sure if Chalobah is in his last year of contract or not; but I fully expect him to go.

Gonna be another long season of mid table obscurity and Sunday / Thursday matches to deal with.

My understanding is Chalobah and Gallagher will go as they will ensure the most bankable profits as home-grown players which is a priority for Chelsea and compliance with FFP.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Poch to Man United?
    if united have any sense yes!

Poch is turning out a bit like David Moyes in PL terms, a nice bloke who keeps things ticking, but ultimately will win sod all.

You can’t count his time at PSG, that’s like managing City, Celtic and Bayern Munich up until this season, winning the league is a given.

Master
    Poch is turning out a bit like David Moyes in PL terms, a nice bloke who keeps things ticking, but ultimately will win sod all.

You can’t count his time at PSG, that’s like managing City, Celtic and Bayern Munich up until this season, winning the league is a given.
    Yes, but Poch did manage to come second in that one horse race in Ligue 1

Master
    My understanding is Chalobah and Gallagher will go as they will ensure the most bankable profits as home-grown players which is a priority for Chelsea and compliance with FFP.
    I suppose that decision depends largely on Conor Gallagher and his agent. As I say I hope it’s best for him to stay another season and leave on a free rather than be sold for cash now.

Perhaps he will have a chat with Mason Mount about his experiences of this season

Master

bit unfair to label a guy who got spurs to a CL final like that imo.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    Does anyone remember the runner up?

Idiotic friendly between Spurs and Newcastle in Melbourne today! Kieren Trippier now out of the Euros with an injury.

What a stupid game to have straight after the season has finished.

Nobody knows he's out or even what the injury is. Although I think it's a crazy trip to make I can see why we're doing it but cannot see why Spurs need to do it.

Idiotic friendly between Spurs and Newcastle in Melbourne today! Kieren Trippier now out of the Euros with an injury.

What a stupid game to have straight after the season has finished.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Nobody knows he's out or even what the injury is. Although I think it's a crazy trip to make I can see why we're doing it but cannot see why Spurs need to do it.
    Money

Master
    Ange
    First Ozzy premiership manager so lots of home interest
    He took Celtic over there too.

So Kompany is taking over at Bayern, the Ipswich manager is going either to Chelsea or the Rags (Ipswich are now even more doomed than they were before), Pochettino is available for a big club and apparently Boehly is in discussions with Jose Mourinho for a 3rd crack at Stamford Bridge. Oh and De Zerbi's waiting for a new gig as well.

Madness all round.
    Last edited by ryanb741; 23rd May 2024 at 01:17.

Poch needed another season, his recent form was very good. Crazy to get rid of him now, Man UTD must go for him.

Kompany to Bayern is another odd decision.

Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    Poch needed another season, his recent form was very good. Crazy to get rid of him now, Man UTD must go for him.

Kompany to Bayern is another odd decision.
    I couldn't understand that either. After a dire start he was really turning it around.

Now they'll have to start again.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Moyes has gone - contract not renewed.

We'll see how we get on with Lopetegui. I hope it is not out of the frying pan and into the fire.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    Indeed. Had we played close to our best we'd have won the CL final, and we also finished both second and third under him in the EPL. He was a whisker away from making history with Tottenham.

Blog Entries
    Ten Hag's times up!

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    Ten Hag's times up!
    Tuchel the likeliest candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    Ten Hag's times up!

P45 in bound…….

It is just before Man City Vs Man Utd in the FA cup final at Wembley.

Haaland goes into the Man City changing room to find all his team mates looking a bit glum.
    "What's up?" he asks.
    "Well, we're having trouble getting motivated for this game. We know it's important but it's only Man Utd. They're shite and we can't be bothered".
    Haaland looks at them and says "Well, I reckon I can beat these by myself, you lads go down the pub."

So Haaland goes out to play Man Utd by himself and the rest of the Man City team go off for a few pints. After a few jars they wonder how the game is going, so they get the landlord to put the TV on. A big cheer goes up as the screen reads "Man City 2 - Man Utd 0 (Haaland 5, 10 minutes)". He is beating Man Utd all by himself!

Anyway, a few more pints later and the game is forgotten until someone remembers "It must be full time now, let's see how he got on". They put the TV back on.
    "Result from Wembley Stadium "Man City 2 (Haaland 5, 10 minutes) - Man Utd 1"(Bruno Fernandes 89 minutes)".
    They can't believe it, he has single handedly beat Manchester United!!

They rush back to the Stadium to congratulate him. They find him in the dressing room, still in his gear, sat with his head in his hands. He refuses to look at them.
    "I've let you down, I've let you down."
    "Don't be daft, you beat Man Utd all by yourself. And they only scored at the very very end"
    "No, No, I have, I've let you down...
    I got sent off after 12 minutes”
    Last edited by Gareth-W; 24th May 2024 at 19:17. Reason: Added joke