closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Posting Royal Mail / Parcel Pro etc.

Posting Royal Mail / Parcel Pro etc.

Im considering letting a few of my watches go, a few will be under the £2.5K RMSD limit but there will be a few over that, maybe £3 - £3.5K
    Im seeing some posts in the classifieds "insured to £2.5K by RMSD" but i remember reading that actually watches over £2.5k are not insured at all.
    If that's the case what are my options ?
    I bought a watch last year and it was delivered by Royal Mail but insured by Parcel Pro, is that the best way to go or are there alternatives ?
    I will only be using the service maybe 3 or 4 times, how are peopel going about posting watches higher value than the RM limit ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rapidboy View Post
    Im seeing some posts in the classifieds "insured to £2.5K by RMSD" but i remember reading that actually watches over £2.5k are not insured at all.
    If that's the case what are my options ?
    According to new Royal Mail terms and conditions documents dated January and Feburary 2013 it may now be the case that items valued at greater than £2500 are now insured up to £2500 (instead of not being insured at all). However, please do not take my word for it. Have a look at this, http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...=1#post2645037, and follow the source documents to make up your own mind. I've not yet written to RM to get a definitive confirmation from them.

[This comment in square brackets added on 22/12/2013: I have crossed out the paragraph above because it was true all along that items valued at over £2500 sent by RMSD have no compensation whatsoever from RM for loss or damage. See http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...=1#post2970558 and http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...=1#post1987560 ].

Either way, it doesn't actually matter all that much: To fully and properly insure an item worth more than £2500 sent by Special Delivery you'll still need third party insurance of some sort. Check out the second message in the above thread, http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...=1#post1987565, which lists the three most popular third party insurers.

Quote Originally Posted by rapidboy View Post
    I bought a watch last year and it was delivered by Royal Mail but insured by Parcel Pro
    That does seem to be the best option in terms of reliability and price. Check the above thread for some hints on how to sign up with them.
    Last edited by markrlondon; 22nd December 2013 at 07:15. Reason: Corrected text with new information

Blog Entries
    Anyone knowing there is any specific courier requirements for using Parcel Pro to send from UK abroad? Assume RM International Signed For is fine and will be covered by Parcel Pro?

I have used Parcel Pro 3 times now, and once your account is set up it is really easy to use.
    Only posted within the UK and always used RMSD.

eg if you post a £3000 watch send it RMSD with the minimum £500 cover.
    Then insure the FULL value with Parcel Pro ie £3000.
    If anything goes wrong you don't make any claim with RM, but the full value is covered by Parcel Pro.

You can also insure a valuable watch to be posted to yourself, if the other person doesn't have a Parcel Pro account (just done this myself)

No, you need full tracking which is not available with the below. FeDex or DHL.

Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    Anyone knowing there is any specific courier requirements for using Parcel Pro to send from UK abroad? Assume RM International Signed For is fine and will be covered by Parcel Pro?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by watchlovr View Post
    No, you need full tracking which is not available with the below. FeDex or DHL.
    Makes sense, thanks for the info.