timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oi, Newbies!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
    I like "wear it in good health".

I know I've woken up in many strange countries in many stressful situations with just my faithful familiar watch as company. And it even gives me comfort that if I do something stupid or get unlucky that my watch might get back to my daughters even if I don't. ( and no I don't do anything that impressive really)*

* sent whilst away from home in a weird place.
    Hi MrD, nice to see you here, now stay away from the vintage Omegas

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    Hi MrD, nice to see you here, now stay away from the vintage Omegas
    Hey dood,

remind me , were you a supplier or a dueler ;)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Hey dood,

remind me , were you a supplier or a dueler ;)
    I was the fellow scot, sitting behind you in your thread for the Omega f300, this one,

still kick myself you took this, lol

Master
    Yup the missus loves it ...no comments on it being a bloke's watch please.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Yup the missus loves it ...no comments on it being a bloke's watch please.
    hope she 'wears it in good health' lol

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sara View Post
    Hahah!

I'm not transsexual as it happens! Interesting, shall have to re-read what I wrote...

It was indeed intended to be humorous - but after your reply wondering what the other 12.5% was, I decided to make the point that whatever gender I am doesn't necessarily correlate with um, what's under the hood/dial, so to speak :)
    Well I must be getting old. I thought the ones with T$ts were girls and the one with B$$locks were boys. Did it change when I wasn't looking?

Not that simple sadly java. Welcome to the real world where people live on a large spectrum of differences and where many many many folk are happier not falling into line with the gender they are supposed to display the traits of.

Master
    I'm a bit old skool too Java I think. I like when it contains what it says on the tin

Banned
    Blog Entries
    If you have four sheep and someone asks you how many sheep's feet you have , the answer will be 16.
    Now if you count the tails as feet and someone asks you how many sheep's feet you have. The answer ,sadly, will still be 16.
    However you choose to look at the tail, and however you choose to perceive it. It will be a tail and not a foot.

I have nothing against a chap being girly, if he chooses so. But I will still consider him a chap.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by java View Post
    If you have four sheep and someone asks you how many sheep's feet you have , the answer will be 16.
    Now if you count the tails as feet and someone asks you how many sheep's feet you have. The answer ,sadly, will still be 16.
    However you choose to look at the tail, and however you choose to perceive it. It will be a tail and not a foot.

I have nothing against a chap being girly, if he chooses so. But I will still consider him a chap.
    Interesting direction the thread has taken! :-)

Journeyman
    I would be happy if someone would define NEWBIE for me.{ Not trying to be a sm@rt @rse } because i really don`t know.
    [1] WEEK
    [1]MONTH
    [1] YEAR
    -----------
    [2] WEEKS
    [2]MONTHS
    [2] YEARS
    ------------
    100 posts
    1000 posts etc.

--------------
    GET MY MEANING.
    Last edited by Terryjames; 26th June 2013 at 16:53.

Re: I would be happy if someone would define NEWBIE for me.

Anybody whose post count is lower than yours!
    or
    someone who feels intimidated by or in awe of members with a higher post count!

Master
    hope she 'wears it in good health' lol
    I've yet to lay eyes on it myself. Too much travelling too much work. I may persuade the missus its a considerable portion of the divorce settlement...then again I did put of buying a planet ocean in favour of her newly installed wood burner.

You can spend as much time away from home as you like as long as you bribe the wife and kids I've found

This thread is a waste of time, there are no new members... only old discraced and banned members creating new multiple identities to troll us some more.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzyblackbeard View Post
    This thread is a waste of time, there are no new members... only old discraced and banned members creating new multiple identities to troll us some more.
    So true, they are getting more and more!!.
    Last edited by seadog1408; 26th June 2013 at 18:06. Reason: Shit predictive text!!!!

Actually I think it's becoming completely surreal, since we appear to be bouncing around between the original rant, greetings from brief acquaintances, rudeness, mud slinging, threats(?) and some rather strange sexual politics...

Adrian, I strongly suspect that your original post was one of those 'tongue-in-cheek-but-actually-I-do-get-p****d-off-about-certain-things' moments that we all have from time to time. I do wonder if you now regret starting it... :)

If so I feel your pain - some months ago I started a thread bemoaning the over extensive use of acronyms in threads. It was meant to be lighthearted but I was actually trying to make a serious point about communication... I got comprehensively shot down, to such an extent that I chose not to prolong the agony and simply stopped even looking at the thread let alone trying to continue the debate.

We live and learn I guess...

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    So true, they are getting more and more!!.
    We have proof of this?
    If that's the case, and its that obvious who they are, they need to be named and shamed - or at least asked outright.
    Or are we just talking hunches and theories here?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I've yet to lay eyes on it myself. Too much travelling too much work. I may persuade the missus its a considerable portion of the divorce settlement...then again I did put of buying a planet ocean in favour of her newly installed wood burner.

You can spend as much time away from home as you like as long as you bribe the wife and kids I've found
    found the same thing myself, when I was touring as a sound engineer, when we had our first kid, my missus went through money so fast I swear she was burning it

Not that simple sadly java. Welcome to the real world where people live on a large spectrum of differences and where many many many folk are happier not falling into line with the gender they are supposed to display the traits of.
    Where is this stuff coming from?
    Surely there are pinko lefty forums for this kind of thing?
    Or just a different room on this forum?
    Either way, wrong place for somebody to attempt, rather ineptly, to educate on transgenderism...

I know we've established in this very thread that this is unacceptable to some, but I have to say LOL! And furthermore, PMSL and LMFAO!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post
    Actually I think it's becoming completely surreal, since we appear to be bouncing around between the original rant, greetings from brief acquaintances, rudeness, mud slinging, threats(?) and some rather strange sexual politics...

Adrian, I strongly suspect that your original post was one of those 'tongue-in-cheek-but-actually-I-do-get-p****d-off-about-certain-things' moments that we all have from time to time. I do wonder if you now regret starting it... :)

If so I feel your pain - some months ago I started a thread bemoaning the over extensive use of acronyms in threads. It was meant to be lighthearted but I was actually trying to make a serious point about communication... I got comprehensively shot down, to such an extent that I chose not to prolong the agony and simply stopped even looking at the thread let alone trying to continue the debate.

We live and learn I guess...

Simon

This!!!!

I regret this thread, but I keep getting drawn back to it each time I see it bumped!

Yep, I thought as much. The overriding thought is "what the **** was I thinking?!"

I'd just sneak off and leave it to the rest of them if I was you! The atmosphere's much better in The Breitling Appreciation Thread :)

Simon

Pinko lefty haha! Fun.

I dunno I think there's always a time to open your mind up - especially because gender is such an odd thing, and isn't necessarily the same as one's sex - and when people end up feeling more like one gender while physically being another, it makes sense for them to be able to identify with whichever they like seeing as gender seems to be only a bunch of mannerisms and preferences anyway...

But, I also forget that I share an interest with people who have often been of this world for longer than I have, probably have a lot more in the bank, and are largely of the opposite gender to me - and that those three traits together are very unlikely to see things from my perspective, so I shall leave it now.

My name's Sara and I like watches, innit.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post
    Yep, I thought as much. The overriding thought is "what the **** was I thinking?!"
    Could've been worse - he could've started a thread entitled ""What's in your pockets right now?" instead of just taking a nap!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Pinko lefty haha! Fun.

I dunno I think there's always a time to open your mind up - especially because gender is such an odd thing, and isn't necessarily the same as one's sex - and when people end up feeling more like one gender while physically being another, it makes sense for them to be able to identify with whichever they like seeing as gender seems to be only a bunch of mannerisms and preferences anyway...

But, I also forget that I share an interest with people who have often been of this world for longer than I have, probably have a lot more in the bank, and are largely of the opposite gender to me - and that those three traits together are very unlikely to see things from my perspective, so I shall leave it now.

I feel your pain Sara, its hard to buy a half decent watch when you have to suffer the fact you have a glass ceiling above you, above which, a bunch of Old coffin dodgers (possibly gay/transgender) with a heap of dosh are out bidding you.

My names Jason, and I like girls on forums,(if they are real girls, and not the ones with middle tinkles)

My names Jason, and I like girls on forums,(if they are real girls, and not the ones with middle tinkles)

We have some of them too.
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

I feel your pain Sara, its hard to buy a half decent watch when you have to suffer the fact you have a glass ceiling above you, above which, a bunch of Old coffin dodgers (possibly gay/transgender) with a heap of dosh are out bidding you.

Frankly I couldn't care less what gender someone considers themselves to be. Gay, lesbian, transgender, bi... so what? That is their business and there are many more important aspects to a person than who they choose to sleep with or what gender they identify most with.

To those who can't get past their Victorian attitudes to this, I feel a bit sorry for you. How is life in the 19thC?

To Sara I say only this - nice to have you aboard, enjoy your watches, and I look forward to reading your posts. It's nice to have a bit of variety on the forum - saves us from being a board full of boring middle-aged blokes.

TFB x
    So clever my foot fell off.

Journeyman
    I haven't read the whole thread but it feels like a lot of fingers are pointing in my direction..... ! :D:D:D

Hey, I'm a man of few words... :thumbup::p;):D

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    Frankly I couldn't care less what gender someone considers themselves to be. Gay, lesbian, transgender, bi... so what? That is their business and there are many more important aspects to a person than who they choose to sleep with or what gender they identify most with.

To those who can't get past their Victorian attitudes to this, I feel a bit sorry for you. How is life in the 19thC?

To Sara I say only this - nice to have you aboard, enjoy your watches, and I look forward to reading your posts. It's nice to have a bit of variety on the forum - saves us from being a board full of boring middle-aged blokes.

TFB x
    Speak for yourself! Ive got a good way to go before "middle age" - although Im sure I could go off on some care bear tangent and tell you how ageist you sound! ;)

"Listen to my voice: one, two, three and you're back in room..." (the run-of-the-mill comments follow)

How about not allowing the 'state of the collection' threads - you know the ones; the same old box of watches with the usual suspects inside taken from distance with shaky camera phone.

I mean if you're going to ban the clichés surely that one should go as well.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I love how in Fora, irony and amusing remarks are taken seriously, even though an emoticon is used to set the example otherwise,

for the record: my best friend is gay, he was the godfather to one of my kids, the other two kids have gay godfathers, and one of my missus's best mates is a lesbian. we love them all, just as we love everyone, regardless of race/gender/sexuality,

and all my gay mates have cracking watches

now can we have fun again talking about girls with middle tinkles lol

TFB x
    +1.

Actually, I think there should be a rule against +1 business.:-)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    +1.

Actually, I think there should be a rule against +1 business.:-)
    agreed, lets ban it and use 'This' instead, but only for straight people

Pinko lefty haha! Fun.

My mind is plenty open Sarah. Im fully aware of the issues you've kindly raised on this watch forum.
    Im also pretty certain that your posts on transgender issues aren't serving any purpose whatsoever on here - primarily because most people are already fully-aware of the subject - some even more than you Id bet, but also because those who aren't generally aren't because they really don't care.
    May I respectfully ask how old you are, given that you expect most on here to be older?

!!! So you only like me Jason if I could confirm for you what is in my knickers? Why should I want to do that? Is that not a little personal? Cheeky!

Also hello FlyingBanana and thanks :)

agreed, lets ban it and use 'This' instead, but only for straight people
    Are you so insecure about your 'straightness' that you feel the need to reinforce it all the times???:-)
    Anyway, out of respect to the OP, this silliness should stop!

Quote Originally Posted by Umbongo View Post
    My mind is plenty open Sarah. Im fully aware of the issues you've kindly raised on this watch forum.
    Im also pretty certain that your posts on transgender issues aren't serving any purpose whatsoever on here - primarily because most people are already fully-aware of the subject - some even more than you Id bet, but also because those who aren't generally aren't because they really don't care.
    May I respectfully ask how old you are, given that you expect most on here to be older?
    I'm 29. Oh yes maybe they are - but what's wrong with mixing up conversation a bit? If they don't care they need not read, this was a silly thread from the start, right?

As for age, I was only going by the actual comments made by people here, and the seeming age of their wrists in photos etc. Generally people finishing off their mortgage payments are older than me.

!!! So you only like me Jason if I could confirm for you what is in my knickers?

Is it alive?

Master
    Wow this place can go off at a tangent.

Think the OP meant it as a joke, but then again many a true word said in jest

There is sometimes a condescending attitude to newer members, we are not all experts, hence the reason for probably joining after no doubt lurking for a while (as I did), to increase your knowledge. Am I a noob because I only have 130 posts after nearly 3 years?

As for the whole transgender thing that kicked off, the 87.5% statement was worthy of a query, and I suspect was posted to illicit a reaction.

Still love it though.

Quote Originally Posted by KJH View Post
    As for the whole transgender thing that kicked off, the 87.5% statement was worthy of a query, and I suspect was posted to illicit a reaction.
    Still love it though.
    87.5% is my standard made-up-percentage :) I'm not sure what response I wanted to be honest! I was just implying my tomboyishness really. But then felt like making the point that body parts maketh not the person when it was enquired what the 12.5% was comprised of... Although I probably have gone a bit "lefty-pinko" about it, I know for a fact that I am a little more hormonally geared towards maleness than the average woman, if not physically - and so I feel a sort of kinship with the transgendered.

I'm a laugh-riot down the pub and a pretty mean swing dancer if that helps.

Anyway, this thread is called "Oi, Newbies!" and I am most definitely a newbie, so what's the problem? :P

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by UMB View Post
    I haven't read the whole thread but it feels like a lot of fingers are pointing in my direction..... ! :D:D:D

Hey, I'm a man of few words... :thumbup::p;):D
    Persecution complex much?

Master
    87.5% is my standard made-up-percentage :) I'm not sure what response I wanted to be honest! I was just implying my tomboyishness really. But then felt like making the point that body parts maketh not the person when it was enquired what the 12.5% was comprised of... Although I probably have gone a bit "lefty-pinko" about it, I know for a fact that I am a little more hormonally geared towards maleness than the average woman, if not physically - and so I feel a sort of kinship with the transgendered.

Anyway, this thread is called "Oi, Newbies!" and I am most definitely a newbie, so what's the problem? :P
    Hello Sara,

That wasn't intended as a dig. Just suspected there was a wee bit of devilment in your post, and that is no bad thing

Incidentally think I have posted 4 times today, am I speedposting?

Master

Anyone spot Sara?
    Last edited by PJ S; 26th June 2013 at 19:59.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by KJH View Post

Incidentally think I have posted 4 times today, am I speedposting?
    Indeed, you are.
    And beware. Runner-Spotting police will bring you down!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
    Persecution complex much?
    Not really, just want to join in. :):D

Oh dear.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

The forum police will be sniping us soon for a hijacked off-topic thread that's no longer about watches and is in fact a carefully hatched conspiracy to increase our post count for access to SC.

Banned
    Blog Entries

TFB x
    Creep ;_0

I somehow doubt the SC will have what I want anyway.

Decided to amuse myself for the last five minutes trying to photograph all of my current or recent-past watches, will that drag it back on topic?

P1080525 by sarawallen, on Flickr

saves us from being a board full of boring middle-aged blokes.

TFB x
    Speak for yourself nana-girl......xxxxxxx
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by UMB View Post
    Not really, just want to join in. :):D
    Ah, well pull up a chair.......