closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Looking for something just a little bit different, IWC Ingenieur

Banned

Looking for something just a little bit different, IWC Ingenieur

I managed to see all three of the new 40mm IWC Ingenieur watches today, I've got to say that all three are really very nice, I think my preferred model is the black dial., however if I had not bought the RG aqua Terra recently my choice might have been different, anyway deposit placed and it should be sent out soon.

My taste in watches has turned full circle in the last couple of years and I seem happier with the 39 - 42mm sizes, I took some photos of the actual watches and will post them tomorrow when I get back home, until then here's a hands on review of the watch.

Anyone else seen these yet?

http://professionalwatches.com/2013/...automatic.html
    Last edited by Captainhowdy; 18th July 2013 at 06:50.

Not got round to seeing them in person, but I really like the thinner styling of the new Inge's - very much in the Royal Oak style of elegant sports watch IMO.

Nice looking watch- but at those prices I find the appalling Richemont service and the sometimes
    terrible IWC time keeping a bit too much to stomach.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by robcat View Post
    Not got round to seeing them in person, but I really like the thinner styling of the new Inge's - very much in the Royal Oak style of elegant sports watch IMO.

The watch shows signs of real quality, the design and finish of the case and construction of the bracelet sets it apart from it's main competition.

Master
    I've been very tempted. I was hoping it would wear a fraction smaller (those crown guards!) but I can just about pull it off as it's nicely thin. The value for money, gauss rating and movement have been a discussion point, and there's no doubt Omega have moved the goal posts with their antimagnetic tech. But if you like that 70s Genta style it's that or AP or PP really... I may give in sooner or later.

Craftsman
    Would definitely love to buy one of these in the future.

Blog Entries
    Don't like the crownguards.

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    I've been very tempted. I was hoping it would wear a fraction smaller (those crown guards!) but I can just about pull it off as it's nicely thin. The value for money, gauss rating and movement have been a discussion point, and there's no doubt Omega have moved the goal posts with their antimagnetic tech. But if you like that 70s Genta style it's that or AP or PP really... I may give in sooner or later.
    It wears a fair bit smaller than my AT, infact if I knew these were just around the corner I would not have bought the Omega and went for the RG IWC.

The black and silver dials are below, not the best pics, but the CG are not as big as the photo's suggest.

Laings Glasgow?

Love an Ingy!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainhowdy View Post
    It wears a fair bit smaller than my AT, infact if I knew these were just around the corner I would not have bought the Omega and went for the RG IWC.
    Hate to say it, but I do think the RG version suits you best. And while the AT is a great watch that's arguably better value with a better movement, the IWC just has that extra something. It's not logical, but that's the way it is.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    Hate to say it, but I do think the RG version suits you best. And while the AT is a great watch that's arguably better value with a better movement, the IWC just has that extra something. It's not logical, but that's the way it is.
    You might be right, but I can't have two similar watches with RG hands and markers, but I don't really want to let the Aqua Terra go either, it may be all change over the weekend.

I've yet to try on the new Ingenieur's. I like the slimmer profile but I prefer the dial on old thick my 3227.

I especially like the black dial, nice watches.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by henrik View Post
    I've yet to try on the new Ingenieur's. I like the slimmer profile but I prefer the dial on old thick my 3227.

That one I do like!

No ugly crown-guards..............

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Master
    For me, that RG AT walks all over the IWC, pictured above it.
    Bracelets on both are equally nice looking.
    Don't really see anything about the IWC that jumps out as a "must have" feature.

I much prefer the older Ingys, especially the mission earth

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
    For me, that RG AT walks all over the IWC, pictured above it.
    Bracelets on both are equally nice looking.
    Don't really see anything about the IWC that jumps out as a "must have" feature.
    It's not a feature, it's a style. I guess you either like the 70s Genta integrated bracelet look or you don't. If you do, that IS the feature. That and costing a good deal less than the Nautilus and Royal Oak, the other watches in that very exclusive club.

Master
    I did say bracelets on each are equally nice looking, so it's nothing to do with that - in fact I do quite like the AP RO's bracelet design - but there's nothing else I see in the IWC which makes it more desirable than the AT.
    The AT has so much more elegance in its design, IMO.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
    I did say bracelets on each are equally nice looking, so it's nothing to do with that - in fact I do quite like the AP RO's bracelet design - but there's nothing else I see in the IWC which makes it more desirable than the AT.
    The AT has so much more elegance in its design, IMO.
    That's entirely correct, the AT does have more elegance. But the IWC is tougher and sexier! Take your pick, I like both.

Master
    What's the UK price?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    What's the UK price?
    £4650

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jayleb View Post
    I much prefer the older Ingys, especially the mission earth

Yep. Must have tried it on ten times, but just can't make it work on my small wrist.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KurtKlaus View Post
    Yep. Must have tried it on ten times, but just can't make it work on my small wrist.
    Sounds like the new version will fit you better, at 40mm I think they have bucked the current trend and made a easy to wear good looking watch.

Journeyman
    4650 for a sellita- movement???

For this price you already get inhouse-movements...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by avinci1461 View Post
    4650 for a sellita- movement???

For this price you already get inhouse-movements...
    No, I don't think there is a Sellita movement in these, but in-house movements can be a bad thing, you only have to look at the problems at Panerai to see that.

1) The white dial with silver hands in 40mm is by far the best looking face.

2) The RG colour hands/hour markers stick out too much on the IWC and don't blend in as
    nicely as on Aqua Terra with RG hands/hour markers! Along with the peachy off white
    colour of dial, the whole look is 'too fussy'

3) The black dial looks 'small' due to the inner sub circle being too 'distinct' and
    'pronounced' whereas on the white dial the inner sub circle is barely noticeable.

Th bracelet on new 40mm Ingenieur is amazing and beats the Aqua Terra hands down were it not for the fact that the Omega can frequently be had discounted/sale and IWC are rarely discounted/sale !

Its the cheap(est) way to acquire that Genta look compared to VC Overseas or AP RO or PP Nautilus. It would have been better for the new Ingy not to have that crown guard but it's not a deal breaker imo.
    Last edited by UKWatchGuy; 22nd July 2013 at 07:54.