closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Just stupid product placements in movies

Just stupid product placements in movies

Was watching terminator 3 the other day and arnie steals a old POS pickup from a bar opens sun visor and a AP ROO falls out. I mean really, the watch prob cost many times more than the pickup and it was just left there.

Stupid rant but it just annoyed me

The taking of Phelam 123 annoys me. John Travaolta's character is wearing a chrono in normal shots but when they do a close up its a different Breitling. Doesn't affect the story one bit but just drives me mad! And

As Arne was sponsored by AP and JT is sponsored by Bretling what would you expect.

Master
    Any Bond movie but when I worked at IBM we supplied computer monitors for one of the films and they were fitted with extra-large IBM logos just to make it obvious..

I used to work here --> http://www.swindonweb.com/?m=8&s=115&ss=462&c=1175 , and was there when they filmed part of 'The World is Not Enough'. They re-branded the building from 'Motorola' to 'King Enterprises' for the exterior shots, but then inserted about 25 Motorola phones, radios etc into the movie. Employees had a special screening of the film when it was released and we booed every time one of our products came on screen. ;)

On the plus side I met Pierce Brosnan and Judi Dench while they were there filming, really nice people. Denise Richards was also wandering about wearing a big yellow raincoat with the hood up, sadly I didn't recognise her or realise she was there until after she left. :(

Anyone seen that movie by the guy who did the McDonald's one? He also did one about product placement. Weirdly, it made me buy POM juice.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by and6868 View Post
    The taking of Phelam 123 annoys me. John Travaolta's character is wearing a chrono in normal shots but when they do a close up its a different Breitling. Doesn't affect the story one bit but just drives me mad! And
    And I also believe that the crown is pulled out in one scene also. I mean seriously?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by sniper-sam View Post
    And I also believe that the crown is pulled out in one scene also. I mean seriously?!?!
    Assuming no implied irony, I believe that may have been for continuity purposes to stop the watch hands moving between takes, particularly if it was prominently placed in the shot.

The entire dialogue between Bond and Vespa on the train about Rolex/Omega is one of the most cringeworthy pieces of product placement I have ever seen.