TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 27 of 166 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,350 of 8267

Thread: What do you drive?

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    ^
    That's quite a garage.

Love the 'Cuda.
    Fabulous roadrunner! Still got the beep beep horn?

Quote Originally Posted by adesmith View Post
    Fabulous roadrunner! Still got the beep beep horn?
    Yes of course....

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    Now we're talking! What are your other toys?
    Does this count too?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff wilson View Post
    What do I do for a occupation? automotive cosmetic painter, been doing it for 19 years now.
    I seved my time as a Plumber and then I went off shore on the oil rigs pipe fitting and then to the
    Motor trade.
    This is what I had before the SLK55

UK R34GTR got this new and had it 10 years only did 14000 miles in it. I spend to much time in the Van.

I do like to keep my cars nice sad really LOL
    That is gorgeous.. I am envious.. But also slightly disappointed you did so few miles, shame on you lol

Journeyman
    I drive a 10 year old Honda, buy my clothes at the mall an my sunglasses at the gas station...but I wear a nice watch!!

The one on top is my daily, while the other one gets mostly used in the summer and on weekends.

I love those Merc V8s. They are the best sounding cars on the road. Very jealous.

I have been driving this Fiesta ST for the past 6 years. And I loved it.

However a new job means I'll be spending more time on motorways. So the sensible thing was to pick up a diesel. Collected on Monday and I'm really enjoying it. I might even take my own picture of it!

Apprentice
    And that's my drive :)
    30 mpg not too bad, so keep it for a while yet

And that's what I (will) wear after repair

Quote Originally Posted by Jim W View Post
    And these American muscle cars.....
    A long term hobby of mine!

1970 Plymouth 'Hemi' Cuda

1970 Dodge Challenger Convertible

1969 Plymouth 'Hemi' Road Runner

And the 2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302 already posted.
    I'm so jealous!

The wife's Qashqai has got overheating problems. She used the Audi TT FOR 2 days and now the power steering is leaking/broke.

So I am left with my dependable good old Toyota Hilux. The workhorse. That was condemned in the summer and was going to be written off by the insurance company. That sailed through another MOT without any issue...

Just picked up something for the winter...

Quote Originally Posted by gunner View Post
    Just picked up something for the winter...

A new cat?

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Craftsman
    After a 6 month period of sheer boredom after swapping the Boxster for an Audi S5 earlier in the year, I'm back into something interesting again.

It may have two less cylinders but it has more BHP plus it's about a quarter of a tonne lighter. It's more economical, cheaper to service, parts are cheaper, it's a lot cheaper to tax and cheaper to insure too. Look at me being all sensible.

DS

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Caruso View Post
    I'm probably one of the few people here preferring the M5 Touring over the SL. Both nice choices though.
    LOVE, love,love the SL beautiful car.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Sternum View Post
    After a 6 month period of sheer boredom after swapping the Boxster for an Audi S5 earlier in the year, I'm back into something interesting again.

It may have two less cylinders but it has more BHP plus it's about a quarter of a tonne lighter. It's more economical, cheaper to service, parts are cheaper, it's a lot cheaper to tax and cheaper to insure too. Look at me being all sensible.

DS
    You didn't like the S5 at all? - I appreciate not quite the drive that either Porsche is, but what about the noise? I've had two, the V8 makes me smile every time .....

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by eagletower View Post
    I love this car.
    Nice. Are they appreciating yet?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    I remember lusting after one of these when I was younger, when my mates brother played for Man City (Richard edgehill) and he had one.....
    Nice. I've come close to one of these - a real appreciating classic. I know it's not a speed machine, but how do you find it. That is my only reservation .

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by treebirch View Post
    That has to be the coolest car here no? 3.8 FH, the best of the best.
    Agree. Beautiful.

Skoda Octavia VRS Estate, a superb mix of pace and practicality. Love this car but I'm seriously thinking of changing it for a 330i Touring - 260 bhp is just too tempting!

I have this for fun

But also have a clio 182 which was bought as a project but hasn't happened yet

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by PCthug View Post
    A Lexus RX400h (hybrid). It has 269bhp, 3.3ltr petrol engine, 0-60 in 7.2 and gives around 32mpg. Not bad for almost 2ton of car.

My road bike is a 1999 Aprillia RSV1000 Mille that I have had since 2001.

And my track bike is a 2000 Suzuki GSXR600.

How's the Lexus - thinking about one for family car?

After 8 months in a BMW M135i I was really sad to see it go, I loved it and it was silly fast but now back in the X6 for the winter months

ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1387316364.770147.jpg

But I really want one of these

ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1387316511.340386.jpg

I have one of these after 7 beemers on the bounce and love it such a good car

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt1974 View Post
    You didn't like the S5 at all? - I appreciate not quite the drive that either Porsche is, but what about the noise? I've had two, the V8 makes me smile every time .....
    I wouldn't say I didn't like the S5 - I'd go as far to say I hated it, from the first day of ownership.

It was the V8 and the fact that it seemed a decent price that tempted me, and the fact that I was still suffering with my back made me fool myself into thinking I'd be better off in something easier to get in and out of than the Boxster. I've owned worse cars (I've owned a Rover and nothing will be worse than that) but the S5 was far and away the most disappointing car I've owned. I took quite a hit getting rid of it so early but it was so so worth it to see the back of it.

I found the steering to be absolutely numb and completely soulless, the V8 has a real lazy power delivery to it and the Quatro system just seems to sap all life out of the car and made it feel like I was trying to drive in treacle the whole time - I'd pull away and feel the car instantly bog down like someone had suddenly hitched a caravan to the back. Add that to the hopeless pedal position and awful clutch action (I never once managed to depress the clutch without catching either the footrest or the brake) and the thing was just horrid to drive in traffic. And who-ever invented the electronic handbrake needs to be taken round the back and beaten to death, preferably with a manual handbrake handle for the irony of it - they have absolutely no place on a manual car.

To be fair to the S5 it was a decent motorway cruiser but that's maybe 1% of the driving I do, for me it was either completely hopeless, mind bendingly annoying or just plain dull for everything else.

Looking back at my car history, I should have known really: Lotus Elise = Loved it, BMW E46 M3 = Nice engine shame about the rest of it, Boxster = Loved it. The 997 feels like the Boxster to drive but with the power of the M3 - I'd say it was perfect, but then I really miss not having the second boot like the Boxster had.

DS

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by watchcollector1 View Post
    Skoda Octavia VRS Estate, a superb mix of pace and practicality. Love this car but I'm seriously thinking of changing it for a 330i Touring - 260 bhp is just too tempting!

Skoda for me too. It was a toss-up between the vRs estate and the Scout - which I ended up with. I can't believe how good it is. I went to the BMW garage at one point to look at a trade-in but left feeling quite disappointed with what they had to offer compared to what I had!

My daily driver, real English steel!
    1995 x300 Jaguar
    Last edited by Bernard; 18th December 2013 at 00:15.

Another hi-lux owner here of the JDM Surf variety imported ten years ago faultless since many years of life

Master
    Picked up my lexus isf recently and love it. Ride is firm but that's exactly what I was expecting. Gear box is sublime and engine note is fabulous!

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    A new cat?

Eddie
    Nah, the cat's old, the gravel is new...

Love the ISF mate, very very nice looking car!

Quote Originally Posted by AndyMilts View Post

I have one of these after 7 beemers on the bounce and love it such a good car

I have seen a few on the road, rather nice. They have a nice looking interior. What's it like day to day.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Robins View Post
    Love the ISF mate, very very nice looking car!
    It is a corker. Have intake order from the USA. Also looking at cat back system for improved sound :o)

Quote Originally Posted by Paneraiseeker View Post
    I have seen a few on the road, rather nice. They have a nice looking interior. What's it like day to day.
    It's really nice has a very sporty feel to the drive, but it is quite firm but very little body roll. I have been really pleased with it. I got a good deal on it and that makes a big difference to it. Price wise at list it's pushing X5 money but with more kit on it, but the deal I got meant it was cheaper than an x3 with lots more kit and a lot more presence, but not as much space and that's the one downside

Quote Originally Posted by AndyMilts View Post
    It's really nice has a very sporty feel to the drive, but it is quite firm but very little body roll. I have been really pleased with it. I got a good deal on it and that makes a big difference to it. Price wise at list it's pushing X5 money but with more kit on it, but the deal I got meant it was cheaper than an x3 with lots more kit and a lot more presence, but not as much space and that's the one downside
    Interesting. I've seen a 5.0 version at a very good price locally and, much as a like my new winter wheels (below) I am a little tempted by all that V8 goodness. I'm sure that I did read they aren't too good in the snow for an SUV.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    It is a corker. Have intake order from the USA. Also looking at cat back system for improved sound :o)
    Improved sound!?!? I've driven one of thos and it sounded like a Spitfire on full throttle! I enjoyed it but wouldn't trade for my GS. The ride was a bit "jiggly" to say the least and I think my other half would have killed me (she has Tinnitus).

Enjoy it!

Journeyman
    Picked up my lexus isf recently and love it. Ride is firm but that's exactly what I was expecting. Gear box is sublime and engine note is fabulous!

Good looking thing. They sound amazing don't they?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bruteawful View Post
    Good looking thing. They sound amazing don't they?
    Above 3.5k second intake opens and sounds lovely. Ordered intake from the states to improve the sound. Also looking at cat back system for a little extra burble.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Have the 89 R107 for the weekends, have had him about 3 and a half years now, can’t see me moving him on for a while yet.

swmbo has a 987 S, cracking point to point car.

A gratuitous reflection shot from my detailing phase….

Lovely Merc - great colour for car that period as well.

And a 2000 9-5 as the smoker funny no pics of that…

Now like the advert said I’m “Think Bike!”
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Have the 89 R107 for the weekends, have had him about 3 and a half years now, can’t see me moving him on for a while yet.

swmbo has a 987 S, cracking point to point car.

A gratuitous reflection shot from my detailing phase….

Lovely Merc - great colour for car that period as well.

And a 2000 9-5 as the smoker funny no pics of that…

Now like the advert said I’m “Think Bike!”

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootsy View Post
    This from the early 70s on nice days

and this from the early 90s on quite nice days

the rest of the time Its a Merc ML with the family
    love 993s - to my mind the best variant of the 911 - unusual colour as well.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    Here it is............

Nice. What is that power and torque translate into on the road? 0-60?
    Cheers

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePattinson View Post
    After 8 months in a BMW M135i I was really sad to see it go...
    How did you find it? I've just ordered one! Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by ditchvisitor View Post
    How did you find it? I've just ordered one! Can't wait!
    Absolutely loved it! I am BMW biased as I work for them but it means I have run many company cars including a few 335i and a few Z4 M coupe and roadster as well as M3's etc and the M135i is without a doubt one of the best cars I have had. It is brutally fast when you want it to be but also a quiet and comfortable cruiser when you need it to do that. I had the 5 door version in grey and I found it was quite understated and that can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on your preference. I liked the fact that to most people it was just another 1 Series but "car people" knew what it was. I got more comments and questions about the M135i than I did any of my M3's.

Depending on what you are coming out of the interior might feel a little basic in places but essentially it has all the toys and gadgets you would ever need and when you put your foot down it just takes off. It feels faster than the M3 but that is mostly down to the torque of the turbo engine and because it is a smaller car it feels easier to place on a road.

I think you will love it

Journeyman
    Above 3.5k second intake opens and sounds lovely. Ordered intake from the states to improve the sound. Also looking at cat back system for a little extra burble.
    Awesome!

Master
    Got a Panamera diesel on loan at the moment, despite the ungainly looks it drives beautifully, and doesn't hang about for an oil burner. Pretty impressive for such a large car.

Craftsman
    [QUOTE

ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1387316511.340386.jpg[/QUOTE]

I don't even recognise that. What is it? I think I want one too!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Shropshire Lad View Post
    [QUOTE

ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1387316511.340386.jpg
    I don't even recognise that. What is it? I think I want one too![/QUOTE]

Its the BMW i8

http://www.bmw.co.uk/en_GB/new-vehic...013/start.html

There are some great cars on this thread, really like the Lexus!

In fact I like most of the cars posted but I suspect this is because they are all very clean.

As a strict none washer of cars ( current is convertible so cannot take it to be "Polished" at Tesco ) I would find it helpful to see these cars with patina so that I can decide what to aim for next!

Quote Originally Posted by timlin View Post
    There are some great cars on this thread, really like the Lexus!

In fact I like most of the cars posted but I suspect this is because they are all very clean.

As a strict none washer of cars ( current is convertible so cannot take it to be "Polished" at Tesco ) I would find it helpful to see these cars with patina so that I can decide what to aim for next!
    This make you feel better? Wheels are slightly cleaner than the rest as they've just been fitted for the winter to replace the 19s

Master
    Dirty in all senses of the word

Quote Originally Posted by Alex L View Post
    This make you feel better? Wheels are slightly cleaner than the rest as they've just been fitted for the winter to replace the 19s

Quote Originally Posted by Alex L View Post

Lovely Patina on the bodywork!