closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Alan Pardew

Alan Pardew

I've been watching this situation with interest, ever since he verbally abused Manuel Pellegrini and certainly following the "push with the head" saga

Personally I think he's lost all credibility with his players and shown himself to be little more than a thug. Anybody disagree with that assessment, particularly Toon fans?

At Reading he's known as Parjudas for taking the pieces of silver and buggering off to West Ham. I'd agree with your summary Tony.

I heard he is very much the charmless man when it comes to dealing with people. I think he is at Newcastle because he is a safe pair of hands for the owner. Stick to the party line, buy cheap sell expensive, keep the team in the top half of the table and well that's about it.

I honestly don't think he or the owner care what anyone thinks.

Blog Entries
    Got them going on occasions... Football is full of charmless people... I just think he gets a little carried away on occasions...

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    I heard he is very much the charmless man when it comes to dealing with people. I think he is at Newcastle because he is a safe pair of hands for the owner. Stick to the party line, buy cheap sell expensive, keep the team in the top half of the table and well that's about it.

I honestly don't think he or the owner care what anyone thinks.
    Ashley should care that he's tarnishing the image of the club. In fact, I can't believe he hasn't been fired, although I suspect that'll change at the end of the season (particularly considering how noticeably results/performances have suffered).

Hasn't he got an extremely long contract that would cost Ashley a fortune to axe him? I think if they wanted rid they would have sacked him over the head push and used gross misconduct to worm out of the pay off.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post

Personally I think he's lost all credibility with his players ......

I think that may have gone when he was at Southampton, and was servicing one of the players partners.....allegedly.

Craftsman
    José Fonte's missus...... allegedly.......

And allegedly he's got such a long contract at Toon town becuase he owes Mike Ashleigh millions in gambling debt and it was a way of keeping an eye on him.

Quote Originally Posted by markdotreed View Post
    José Fonte's missus...... allegedly.......

And allegedly he's got such a long contract at Toon town becuase he owes Mike Ashleigh millions in gambling debt and it was a way of keeping an eye on him.

Not surprised in the slightest

There was a rumour he was seeing Carl Fletcher's missus when he was at West Ham and that's why he was sacked. I never liked him that much when he was manager, but I'd gladly take him back over Deputy Dawg Allardyce.

Craftsman
    Unfortunately I see Pardew as Mike Ashley`s perfect manager. He is just about good enough to produce mid table obscurity without too much danger of relegation or Europe! He continually praises the Ashley approach whilst admitting / suggesting we can`t compete with the likes of Southampton, Swansea and Everton financially !!!

It`s ironic that a poll of fans on his future immediately after his "head butt" suggested he should keep his job, but in the most recent poll 86% want him to go.

He has been a bit unlucky with injuries recently, but that`s what happens when you give Joe Kinnear the job of improving your thin squad and sell your best player without a replacement.

Pardew is one dimensional. He sometimes has a plan A but never a plan B. If we go one goal down - game over ! The question that has to be asked is "could anyone else get more out of the players"- the answer must be yes

The main problem is would any decent manager want to manage Newcastle with Ashleys "ambitions" - probably not!

Pardew did have an 8 year contract - but I would be amazed if a big payout is due if he is sacked. I have nothing to base that on but Mike Ashley is too good a businessman to get caught out like that especially since his due diligence on the Toon failed. I would think he would get a years salary and that would be it.

I think the catalyst for Pardews sacking would be season ticket holders not renewing. That may well happen this summer - There is no ambition and no hope at the Toon!

HTL

Quote Originally Posted by Seano View Post
    Unfortunately I see Pardew as Mike Ashley`s perfect manager. He is just about good enough to produce mid table obscurity without too much danger of relegation or Europe! He continually praises the Ashley approach whilst admitting / suggesting we can`t compete with the likes of Southampton, Swansea and Everton financially !!!

It`s ironic that a poll of fans on his future immediately after his "head butt" suggested he should keep his job, but in the most recent poll 86% want him to go.

He has been a bit unlucky with injuries recently, but that`s what happens when you give Joe Kinnear the job of improving your thin squad and sell your best player without a replacement.

Pardew is one dimensional. He sometimes has a plan A but never a plan B. If we go one goal down - game over ! The question that has to be asked is "could anyone else get more out of the players"- the answer must be yes

The main problem is would any decent manager want to manage Newcastle with Ashleys "ambitions" - probably not!

Pardew did have an 8 year contract - but I would be amazed if a big payout is due if he is sacked. I have nothing to base that on but Mike Ashley is too good a businessman to get caught out like that especially since his due diligence on the Toon failed. I would think he would get a years salary and that would be it.

I think the catalyst for Pardews sacking would be season ticket holders not renewing. That may well happen this summer - There is no ambition and no hope at the Toon!

HTL
    Agreed. I'm reliably informed that he would only get a years salary if he were sacked. And your assessment of Ashley's ambitions are exactly how I see it. I applaud Ashley for his management of the club's finances but his leadership leaves a lot to be desired. We were probably less than a month from going into administration when he bought the club and now we're turning a profit! How many PL clubs can do that?

But that is where the problem now lies. He sees a club in the top half of the table, in profit and filling the ground every week. He must be thinking that he doesn't need to spend any money as this is what can be achieved without spending any.

Season ticket sales falling would surely spark his interest. We've relied on our fans for too long. I really don't see the point of us as a club any more. We just exist to make the fixture list work. And I know there are other clubs like this, but this is my club!

I'm happy for Ashley to stay if he starts running it like a football club rather than a business. If he doesn't want to do that then he should sell up.

We're not going to be able to attract a 'top' manager because he wouldn't be well paid and wouldn't have a transfer kitty. So we need to be setting our sights lower down the pecking order but still improve on Pardew.

Steve Bruce anyone?

David

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo697 View Post
    There was a rumour he was seeing Carl Fletcher's missus when he was at West Ham and that's why he was sacked. I never liked him that much when he was manager, but I'd gladly take him back over Deputy Dawg Allardyce.
    When we had Sam he was referred to as "heed like a crisp box" and "sniper's dream".

Craftsman
    He's a waste of space and out of his depth. Tactically we are atrocious, set pieces are a joke. Moral is at an all time low and the recent performances have been nothing short of disastrous. It's not just the score lines that hurt but the complete lack of skill shown.

He talks constant nonsense, his press conferences are an embarrassment. He doesn't get the game and he doesn't get the club. In the press conference after the Manchester game he constantly referred to Manchester as United. Now I know to the majority of the country if you said United they would think Manchester before Newcastle, but I would expect the manager to be a little more on our side.

We had a great spell before christmas when Cabaye and Remy were on form, without them we do nothing. But I fail to believe that with a better formation, better motivation and better tactics a lot more could be got from the current squad.

I dislike Ashley and the way he runs the club, but won't deny that from a financial perspective on paper it looks like he knows what he's doing (though the loss of revenue into the club by him using St James Park as a free advertising tool for his other business assets grates highly). The problem is if the football continues to be this bad then revenue from tickets and TV will drop off, and at that point we may be in freefall and unable to pull up in time without investment that may not be forthcoming.

If nothing major changes between now and next season relegation will be a strong possibility. Even if it improves, but we remain just churning out mediocre football it's not going to be much fun though. I'm already jaded by it all and it's going to take something dramatic for me to become more enthusiastic.

Pardew may have a long contract, but one of the richest businessmen in England known for shrude deals and zero hour contracts surely wouldn't have given him one which didn't have clauses for every occasion built in. Ashley may not have European ambitions, but he definitely wants the club to stay in the Premier League.

As is always said though, who would want the job? If Pardew is sacked it can only be with a replacement in line, thank god we don't still have joe ******* kinnear!

Quote Originally Posted by gamingdave View Post
    He's a waste of space and out of his depth. Tactically we are atrocious, set pieces are a joke. Moral is at an all time low and the recent performances have been nothing short of disastrous. It's not just the score lines that hurt but the complete lack of skill shown.

He talks constant nonsense, his press conferences are an embarrassment. He doesn't get the game and he doesn't get the club. In the press conference after the Manchester game he constantly referred to Manchester as United. Now I know to the majority of the country if you said United they would think Manchester before Newcastle, but I would expect the manager to be a little more on our side.

We had a great spell before christmas when Cabaye and Remy were on form, without them we do nothing. But I fail to believe that with a better formation, better motivation and better tactics a lot more could be got from the current squad.

I dislike Ashley and the way he runs the club, but won't deny that from a financial perspective on paper it looks like he knows what he's doing (though the loss of revenue into the club by him using St James Park as a free advertising tool for his other business assets grates highly). The problem is if the football continues to be this bad then revenue from tickets and TV will drop off, and at that point we may be in freefall and unable to pull up in time without investment that may not be forthcoming.

If nothing major changes between now and next season relegation will be a strong possibility. Even if it improves, but we remain just churning out mediocre football it's not going to be much fun though. I'm already jaded by it all and it's going to take something dramatic for me to become more enthusiastic.

Pardew may have a long contract, but one of the richest businessmen in England known for shrude deals and zero hour contracts surely wouldn't have given him one which didn't have clauses for every occasion built in. Ashley may not have European ambitions, but he definitely wants the club to stay in the Premier League.

As is always said though, who would want the job? If Pardew is sacked it can only be with a replacement in line, thank god we don't still have joe ******* kinnear!
    Unfortunately this is about the size of it.
    F.T.F.A.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    I applaud Ashley for his management of the club's finances
    Was it your good-self that organised the open top bus tour before the last game to celebrate the end of the financial year. I thought the Magical Misery Tour was a great idea to remind Ashley what a football club should be about. However, I have just about given up hope that he will ever see anything but £ signs.

I think he has put Newcastle in a great position financially, particularly with Financial Fair Play arriving, but it`s pointless adhering to FFP rules if you have no intention of competing for Europe. FFP has been used as a politically acceptable excuse for getting the finances under control but it is almost irrelevant to where he wants us to compete.

I keep thinking Ashley must have a grander plan than "survival" but until he reverses the decline in commercial revenue, invests in the squad and employs a decent, positive manager I`ll just have mediocrity to look forward to next season.

Ashley is so aggressive in his business dealings "parking his tanks on the front lawn of his competitors". If he did the same for NUFC can you imagine the change in the atmosphere surrounding the Toon?