closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Have you ever gone to buy a car and ?????

Have you ever gone to buy a car and ?????

Have you ever gone to buy a car and ended up with something completley different to what you expected to be buying.

After travelling for the first time in the wifes car for ages I noticed it had done 150,000 miles and was 10 years old, I decided it was time to change.

She currently has this 04 plate cmax 2.0 TDCI 10 years old

Web Image not her car but you get the idea

and we have been searching for a similar one but after searching autotrader/ebay we could not find anything close to what we wanted so we went to have a look at a focus at our main dealer and ended up buying one of these

Kia Carens 2.0 CRDi LS 45,000 FDSH and 5 years old

cmax 04 plate 150,000
    heated front screen as its best toy

Carens
    auto headlights
    auto washers
    all round electric windows
    cruise control
    heated wing mirrors
    folding wing mirrors
    electric sunroof
    7 seats
    rear parking sensors

and we will take the current dvd/sat nav unit out and put it in the new car so what does anyone think?
    Last edited by sonyman; 3rd May 2014 at 17:09.

Master
    So you swapped a 54 150K car for a 54 150K car..... Hmmmm

Ahh re read the post It's a 09 45 Kia makes more sense now, if you like it why not, I assume as you never noticed the last one got to 150K you won't need to spend much time in it....
    Last edited by Captain Morgan; 3rd May 2014 at 19:13.

My sister-in-law went out to buy a VW Lupo in white. She went with her husband and came back with Jag XK. How does that figure ???

Quote Originally Posted by brigant View Post
    My sister-in-law went out to buy a VW Lupo in white. She went with her husband and came back with Jag XK. How does that figure ???
    No idea wish we had done that one but allas no

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    So you swapped a 54 150K car for a 54 150K car..... Hmmmm

Ahh re read the post It's a 09 45 Kia makes more sense now, if you like it why not, I assume as you never noticed the last one got to 150K you won't need to spend much time in it....
    I try to spend as little time as possible in it but I may spend more now we have something better, It used to irritate me no end that she couldn't be bothered to hoover it out EVER, Used to drive me bonkers!!!!!

Blog Entries
    In 1999 I went out to buy a stepladder and came home with a C240 Mercedes Estate! Cracking car, I kept it for 8 years!

Not quite the same, but I once went to ASDA for the weekly shop and came back with a TVR Cerbera

Never got as far as ASDA

Similar vein, I nipped out to get a spark plug in the mid eighties, came home as the proud owner of a narrowboat.

Banned
    I once went out for a pint of milk and never came back.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fords View Post
    I once went out for a pint of milk and never came back.
    Blimey, I would hate to give you a bundle of cash and send you off out to buy a cow!

Quote Originally Posted by b11ocx View Post
    Not quite the same, but I once went to ASDA for the weekly shop and came back with a TVR Cerbera
    Quote Originally Posted by simes View Post
    Similar vein, I nipped out to get a spark plug in the mid eighties, came home as the proud owner of a narrowboat.
    Wow - I once went out to get new tyres for a car and came back with a new TV and surround sound system but I reckon the two above trump me.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by brigant View Post
    I want to marry that woman, then I can have my grail car.

Craftsman
    Went to London to buy a wedding suit, came back with a banjo.

I once went out to buy some mange-tout and came back with a hang-glider.

BTW, i would of kept the Ford, seems like it was running OK - it crept up to 145K without you noticing so it must of been reliable?
    I don`t change for change sakes, but i`m not a `car person`, they`re just transport to me, my car is `02 and got years left in it yet!

Craftsman
    Many moons ago my dad went out to get some tyres for his cortina and came back with a 3.0S Capri. My mum was not amused lol.

Myself and my wife once went looking for a passat and ended up in a nearly new mkv golf gti.

Master
    a mate picked me up in his Rolls Royce just for a Sunday run out and I had no intention of buying anything .... came back with a Jaguar !!!
    Last edited by K300; 4th May 2014 at 10:34.

I was selling a BMW 530i and a buyer came to look at it who had a Porsche 928 which I ended up swapping it for.

My mate had just had twins, which made his family a total of 5 plus two dogs.

He went to Blackbushe car auction to buy a Range Rover Vogue that he had seen listed but when he got there the Vogue had been pulled.

To save wasting the day he went into a couple of the other sales "just to have a look" and ended up buying a Porsche 911.

His wife was less than impressed with the new family car.

Blog Entries
    Went to a party in 1999 with my girlfriend (now my wife) with loads of Army mates and got hammered. Crawled out of my pit with a stinking hangover and girlfriend says she's wants to go to Lakeside shopping centre. Far from ideal given my state my reply was - if you really want too but we aren't spending much. Drove through Chafford Hundred (where some of our friends lived) and saw some new houses that looked pretty smart. Stopped to have a look and then bought one from plan impulsive and brave given we'd only been dating for 6 months (and different postings/ commitments had kept us apart for at least 3 months of that time ).
    If I'd known then I'd have kept on driving :-).

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Similar story......

I went out one night looking for a rich nymphomaniac supermodel, and came back with my wife.....

Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    I once went out to buy some mange-tout and came back with a hang-glider.

BTW, i would of kept the Ford, seems like it was running OK - it crept up to 145K without you noticing so it must of been reliable?
    I don`t change for change sakes, but i`m not a `car person`, they`re just transport to me, my car is `02 and got years left in it yet!
    Its not the age thing but say the clutch goes its a Ģ1k for that and same for the turbo or any other major fault is big bucks and more than the car is worth.

True story: I went out to B&Q for a 100w light bulb, popped into the Ducati dealership next door and bought a brand new Ducati 748

I once went to buy some milk and came back with 3 grands worth of laptop. Forgot the milk...

I once went out to buy 3 litres of semi-skimmed milk and came back with 2 litres. I live on the edge.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tetley View Post
    I once went out to buy 3 litres of semi-skimmed milk and came back with 2 litres. I live on the edge.
    That's just crazy... :D

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    That's just crazy... :D
    No, crazy would have been two litres of full fat milk.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pints View Post
    No, crazy would have been two litres of full fat milk.
    Nope that would be insane !!!

I went out to trade my old Toyota Corolla, my Wife said, "Absolutely no VW, and no silver!". I came back with a silver Passat. She didnīt speak to me for days.

Craftsman
    I went to look at a small local dealer's selection of used cars and ended up buying the bakery next door.

Many years ago I travelled to Manchester with a friend by train from London, to buy a Dodge Charger that was advertised in Exchange & Mart (remember that?).

When we arrived, the seller met us at the station in a Volkswagen. On the way to his house he told us he had taken the Dodge out for a 'last blast' before selling it, but had crashed it into another car and wrecked the front end.

He wasn't kidding. When we arrived at his house we saw the front of the Dodge Charger was completely anihilated and still steaming. It was a terrible mess.

He wanted to know if we were still interested at a very much lower price?
    No thanks!

Master
    Went to book a holiday for the family and some of the inlaws a last minute deal, which at the time was all the cash we had, I came back with a new mountain bike, then had to hide it from the family, ended up borrowing the holiday money from my parents and when I booked it managed to get an even better price.