closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Free to good home - Road cone

The only town in Britain with Caesar's name

Free to good home - Road cone

My numpty neighbour has now placed a cone in the road in front of their house. I wouldn't mind but most of us have dropped kerbs and park on our drives, however they haven't despite having two massive vehicles. Parking is a little challenging when we have guests, however now they have placed a cone on the public highway in front of their house reserving a space for them, means we have lost another space that was available to all.

Surely I'm not the only one who thinks they are taking the mick?

I'm almost minded to now park in front of their house just to prove a point!

B

Blog Entries
    Ask him if he has insurance to place it in the road , if there was an accident becouse of the cone he would be in trouble , bet he would soon move it if not ask him if the highway agency gave him permit to place the road cone when he would defo move it , my favorite would be but a sign up the road free road cone outside number ? Must go today

Master
    Surround his cone with police cones/tape. As for your neighbour, every street/road has one of 'these'

Mum's neighbour did that, everyone just moved it out of the way and carried on parking as per usual. Soon put a stop to that. Irritates the hell out of me.

I can see his point.

Our neighbour has block-paved his whole front garden, we just have drive. So any visitor to his house parks in front of our house making reversing out difficult..
    Last edited by Kingstepper; 6th May 2014 at 20:58.

It would be funny if someone knocked the cone and it ended up on roof of his car
    Even funnier if some one nailed it to his roof with a hilti gun
    Not that I would do that
    It's obviously public parking so he has no right to do this
    You could always borrow a big van and leave it there ... That'll sicken him off

Craftsman
    I cannot condone and have never purchased a £10 MOT failure that I've registered in a neighbours name and left parked outside their house, untaxed, for weeks until someone came to tow it away.

Master
    I would make a point of moving it every time I came to park there. I would have thought that no one likes the parking situation there, and he is just making it worse through his selfish action

Don’t you have students around your way?

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Banned
    You are objecting to somebody parking in front of their own house?

theres a right numpty here alright...

I'd just put it on the kerb every time I went past and it was in the road.
    It's just a matter of time...

This is the same neighbour that I had to have words with after they continued to park half on the pavement in their bloody big 4x4 he has, resulting in having to walk in the road with my little one in the buggy when going to the shops!

Some good ideas :-) I have a DX450 by the way ;-o

B

Quote Originally Posted by bomberman View Post

Some good ideas :-) I have a DX450 by the way ;-o

B
    You little tinker ;-)

Grand Master
    Can I ask what are the options?.As you say you and most of your neighbours have a drive and he doesn't.

Where could he perhaps park without causing a problem?,taking into account most people would rather park in front of the house they live in!.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh B View Post
    You are objecting to somebody parking in front of their own house?

theres a right numpty here alright...
    I think the point is that they are attempting to ‘reserve’ a place in the road, thus denying everyone else even when they are not there themselves.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Banned
    In the same way probably that getting the curb dropped would permanently deny everyone else the right to park in front of somebody else's house.

Free to good home - Road cone

Quote Originally Posted by Josh B View Post
    In the same way probably that getting the curb dropped would permanently deny everyone else the right to park in front of somebody else's house.
    But then he could park both cars on his drive therefore leaving an extra space in the road for someone else.

The point is he has no right to do this and has for the past couple days taken up a perfectly usable space. I have even had morons parking over my drive preventing me driving on my drive and once off it.

I need to move!

B
    Last edited by bomberman; 6th May 2014 at 21:27.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    They are tricky to park on top of but melt easily.

Best though is to just take it with you when you leave in the morning and drop it off at council street maintenance somehow. Take the next one too. Don´t hide that you do it.
    If he confronts you, appologise and clarify that you thought council workers had forgotten it or what, as they are the only ones who can put them on the street. He then knows where to go to get them back.

Can you actually buy these things?

Chances are that its stolen property, so you should return it to the police (with a written statement detailing where you found it).

....or return it to its natural habitat, the contra-flow on the motorway. They will never find it there.

Draw a cock on it.

Paint it as a Christmas tree.
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

I'd write tw@ no. Whatever number his house is, then super glue it to the front of his path / property.
    But I'm sometimes confrontational

Here's some guidance on dealing with neighbours.

http://www.27bslash6.com/halogen.html
    "A man of little significance"

Master
    New neighbours decided to park their extra vehicle outside my house, instead of their own.
    I asked them not to - unless absolutely necessary - agreed, but continued to park as before.
    I placed a cone over my water meter as said vehicle leaked oil, partial success, but their van still located in front of my house.

Resolution, when they parked in front of my house, I parked in front of their drive.
    Childish perhaps but effective.
    They now park their third vehicle in front of their house.
    I don't like it but tolerate it when a fourth car (visitor) is temporarily parked in front of my house.

Training, like any animal, they have to learn what is acceptable and what is not - cones can be a useful training tool.

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Life's far too short to waste it on such endeavors....

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    Here's some guidance on dealing with neighbours.

http://www.27bslash6.com/halogen.html
    I love the Austria / Australia confusion. So gratifying when people conform to stereotypes.

Just take the piss. Literally

Get your own cone, to place exactly on the boundary line between your property and his. Make sure it's bigger than his cone.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Meinessex View Post
    Can you actually buy these things?
    Yes one can.
    I asked a councilman and got a dozen on permanent loan.
    I use four p.e. to mark the sides of a drive ramp as the requirements for a drivers' license are apparently not exacting that motorists can see where they are going.

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    Get your own cone, to place exactly on the boundary line between your property and his. Make sure it's bigger than his cone.
    THIS!!!!! And make sure to tell him not to dare touch yours

Master
    I thought that it was illegal to "steal" public property

Guillotine job in France if you do such a thing!!!!!

Report him to the local authorities

Craftsman
    A chap just round the corner from us took it upon himself to paint yellow lines on the road outside his house.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.36...--ofyFbg9g!2e0

They were there for some time before he 'upgraded' to double yellows last year, at which point he got a visit from the council. They got removed pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowie View Post
    A chap just round the corner from us took it upon himself to paint yellow lines on the road outside his house.

They were there for some time before he 'upgraded' to double yellows last year, at which point he got a visit from the council. They got removed pretty quickly.
    Class LOL :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Cowie View Post

He might actually have got away with that had he bothered to paint straight lines!!

Surely it should just take one call to your local council roads people and the cone will be gone. You need to obtain permission to do that.

Cool

Paint on it using the correct letters: " a**holes live here" in floursecent paint.

My friend had a bloke who did this, he bought an old car that was only good for scrap and parked that outside the house one night. Car was taxed, mot'd but no change of ownership. Police couldn't do anything for months.

Banned
    Put a turd on top of it.

Nooooooop it's so tempting it's back out. I might have to wait until the cover of darkness before I carryout a SAS manoeuvre. Wish me luck.

Quote Originally Posted by bomberman View Post
    Nooooooop it's so tempting it's back out. I might have to wait until the cover of darkness before I carryout a SAS manoeuvre. Wish me luck.
    Or you could just get the local council to remove the obstruction from the highway: it’s their duty to effect that.

R

Set fire to it they burn a treat, smoke a bit and tricky to light, but a touch of petrol and away they go