closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Preowned dealers in Singapore

Preowned dealers in Singapore

I'm currently in Singapore for the Formula 1 and figured I'd go have a poke about the shops to see if I can find a decent Rolex 5513 Sub out here. I've been here a few times in the past but have only ever been looking at new watches, so am a little wary when it comes to second hand.

Does anyone know of any reputable dealers selling preowned Rolexes in Singapore?

Cheers!

Used

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    I'm currently in Singapore for the Formula 1 and figured I'd go have a poke about the shops to see if I can find a decent Rolex 5513 Sub out here. I've been here a few times in the past but have only ever been looking at new watches, so am a little wary when it comes to second hand.

Does anyone know of any reputable dealers selling preowned Rolexes in Singapore?

Cheers!
    Orchard road Lucky plaza and there are few more Google them good luck they are not cheap

Master
    Peng Kwee in Lucky Plaza on Orchard. Prices ok depending on exchange rate and happy to discount.

And the most beautiful shop assistants ever.

Master
    There used to be a quite large shop on the ground floor of the Peninsula Plaza that sold pre-owned watches & they definitely had Rolexes. It's easy to get to, very close to City Hall MRT stop & within spitting distance of the track (the St Andrew's road section where it runs alongside the Padang).

There is also another place in the Funan center which is opposite the Peninsula Plaza, first floor if I remember correctly (counting the ground floor as floor 0). I think it was mainly new watches but they may be able to suggest pre-owned shops. it's not just a boutique as they sold jewellers tools as well.

Craftsman
    Far East plaza - HJ watch on the ground floor and monstertime.
    For panerai. - second floor near the lift there is Hobbylink.

You might want to try here http://www.precisionwatch.com.sg/en/home

The building is walking distance from the "track". And if you do go, there are more than 6 shops pre-owned shops there.

Good luck!
    Last edited by TopCat; 19th September 2014 at 01:49.

Master
    Just remember that Singapore has a littoral, tropical, rainforest climate that's inimical to watches. So, whilst a new Rolex Sub might be immune to this, a dress watch with a snap-on back certainly isn't and a vintage Sub is anyone's guess. Buy appropriately.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pointy View Post
    There used to be a quite large shop on the ground floor of the Peninsula Plaza that sold pre-owned watches & they definitely had Rolexes. It's easy to get to, very close to City Hall MRT stop & within spitting distance of the track (the St Andrew's road section where it runs alongside the Padang).

There is also another place in the Funan center which is opposite the Peninsula Plaza, first floor if I remember correctly (counting the ground floor as floor 0). I think it was mainly new watches but they may be able to suggest pre-owned shops. it's not just a boutique as they sold jewellers tools as well.
    ^ what Mr Pointy said, although the pound to Sing dollar isn't brilliant and hasn't been for a few years now. I didn't think the prices were great when I was there in November 2013.

Cheers for all the input folks. Prices seemed on a par with UK and I did find a nice looking 5513 but ended up chickening out and buying a new 116600 Sea Dweller 4000. Even managed a small discount which was tricky as most places wouldn't even entertain the idea on such a new model. Pics to follow later!

Oh and does anyone know anywhere that sells Nato straps in Singapore?

Cheers
    Last edited by Moose; 19th September 2014 at 09:21.

Blog Entries
    Oh and does anyone know anywhere that sells Nato straps in Singapore?
    Gnomon Watches: http://www.gnomonwatches.com/

Precision Watch are definitely the best 2nd hand watch dealer in Singapore., though only Rolex and Tudor.

Also look at visiotime at Raffles Place and jwwatch at Tg Pagar

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
    You might want to try here http://www.precisionwatch.com.sg/en/home

The building is walking distance from the "track". And if you do go, there are more than 6 shops pre-owned shops there.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Perfect! Thanks for the link. Was like a kid in a candy store and ended up picking up 4 straps in various colours to suit potential future moods.

Now to get home to Papua where my spring-bar tool is and fit them!

Blog Entries
    Perfect! Thanks for the link. Was like a kid in a candy store and ended up picking up 4 straps in various colours to suit potential future moods.
    Sounds fun.

Now to get home to Papua where my spring-bar tool is and fit them!
    Do you by any chance fly the Pilatus (I think it's a Pilatus?) in your avatar? There's a tv series about Susi Air showing at the moment over here.

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Sounds fun.

Do you by any chance fly the Pilatus (I think it's a Pilatus?) in your avatar? There's a tv series about Susi Air showing at the moment over here.
    I do indeed and infact appeared on that show in the last couple of episodes. I'm the chap talking to the tribes and avoiding their rock fights. Naturally I'm the chap wearing the Breitling Emergency ;)

Lots more stuff on my blog!
    Last edited by Moose; 23rd September 2014 at 14:57.

Blog Entries
    I do indeed and infact appeared on that show in the last couple of episodes. I'm the chap talking to the tribes and avoiding their rock fights. Lots more stuff on my blog!
    Ah yes, I think I recall that episode: If I remember correctly they were about to get stuck in to each other on the runway. It looks like an interesting lifestyle. :-)

Looking at your blog now. I see it's linked from your TZ-UK profile in case anyone is looking for it.