closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Chrono24: 'Buying Agents', buying safely, info/tips?

Question Chrono24: 'Buying Agents', buying safely, info/tips?

I found a watch I want to buy on Chrono24 that's located in Germany, from a German dealer ('juwelier Michel' for the record) who has a bricks and mortar store and has been selling on Chrono24 since 2011. A google reveals one unhappy customer, but nothing else negative that I could find.

The watch I want to buy is expensive and naturally I'm apprehensive about spending a large amount of money on Chrono24 in this manner. Before you say 'go pick it up yourself' this isn't an option for me, nor can I find the exact watch I want for sale anywhere else in Europe. Alas.

Has anyone used the newish Chrono24 buying agent service? https://www.chrono24.com/en/info/buying-agent.htm for €99 they sort out the transaction on your behalf and act as your agent, not sure of the benefits of such a service beyond making things easier, possibly safer??

Any tips, buying advice, experiences or help appreciated.
    Last edited by Le samourai; 22nd March 2014 at 20:13.

Craftsman
    Hadn't seen this service before.
    Would be interested to see if anyone's used it.

Blog Entries
    Here's the key question to my mind: Why would you trust the buying agent any more or less than you would trust the vendor? Unless you know that the buying agent is trustworthy then it doesn't really add any security to the transaction. Will Chrono24 provide any guarantee of the transaction if you use a buying agent?

Will the vendor accept payment by credit card or PayPal? If so, that would probably be the best way to guarantee the transaction from your perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Here's the key question to my mind: Why would you trust the buying agent any more or less than you would trust the vendor? Unless you know that the buying agent is trustworthy then it doesn't really add any security to the transaction. Will Chrono24 provide any guarantee of the transaction if you use a buying agent?

Will the vendor accept payment by credit card or PayPal? If so, that would probably be the best way to guarantee the transaction from your perspective.
    I see your point, the only benefit I can think of is that the seller may be less inclined to mess around someone from Chrono24, than some random bloke, ie: me. That and the buying agent is an employee of Chrono24.
    Last edited by Le samourai; 22nd March 2014 at 20:35.

Apprentice

Buying agent...

Hi, has anyone used the Buying Agent service on Chrono24 yet?
    Last edited by ITB Fiend; 18th October 2014 at 15:41.

Journeyman
    Hi, never saw this buyer agent before. But if this helps: I am located in Germany and bought a watch from Juwelier Michel. He has a store and also sells on Internet.There will be no trouble for you. Satisfaction guaranteed.

If you need any help-I will do you the favour and talk to him in German- it's my native language.

Cheers Olaf

Craftsman
    Theres a million things a buying agent will not be good at. Condition issues, anything vintagesnd shipping loss claims...

Morgan :)

Banned
    Buying agent my ARS hang on watchtalk what a load of piff.

Move along.

Apprentice
    I'm interested mainly for a prospective buyer's sake (looking to sell my 2531.80) since I won't be offering the buyer's safety net that is Paypal.

Am I right in thinking Chrono24 offers a middleman service for a fee?

To anyone who has sold a watch on Chrono24: what method of payment did you and the buyer agree to?
    Last edited by ITB Fiend; 19th October 2014 at 07:09.

Master
    I used Chrono24 to find the watch I wanted (a discontinued Omega Aqua Terra 2502), fortunately for me there was seller and it was a bricks and mortar shop - Uhren Miquel.

I bought the watch using Paypal as I thought it would give me better protection if anything went wrong, this was an expensive mistake (exchange rate & additional fee) as my credit card would have given me the same protection.

My watch arrived in London 48 hours after I paid for my watch online, so no middle man or buying agent needed, I'm very happy with my purchase and would not hesitate to use Uhren Miquel again.

Quote Originally Posted by Le samourai View Post
    I'm apprehensive about spending a large amount of money on Chrono24
    Just to be pedantic here, you are not actually spending any money on Chrono 24. You are talking about buying a watch from juwelier Michel, which they have advertised on Chrono24.

Chrono24 is just an advertising web site - anybody in the world can advertise any watch there. They are not part of the transaction - it is entirely between you and the seller of the watch. It's pretty well irrelevant whether the watch was advertised on Chrono24, the seller's web site, the local newspaper, Gumtree or any other advertising medium.

Regarding Chrono24's Buying Agent; I don't have any experience. However, their web site says:

The Buying Agents

• will personally guide you in purchasing your luxury watch,
    • have many years of experience in luxury watch trading,
    • will assist you in finding the right offer,
    • know many watch dealers personally,
    • will take over all communication with the seller.
    There's no mention of Chrono24 having any liability if the watch turns out to be stolen/fake/frakenwatch/damaged/nonexistent, and I expect that you'll get much better advice on all the above from this forum, while saving you €99.

Quote Originally Posted by avinci1461 View Post
    Hi, never saw this buyer agent before. But if this helps: I am located in Germany and bought a watch from Juwelier Michel. He has a store and also sells on Internet.There will be no trouble for you. Satisfaction guaranteed.

If you need any help-I will do you the favour and talk to him in German- it's my native language.

Cheers Olaf
    Hi Olaf, thanks for the reassurance. I did buy fro Juwelier Michel in the end and everything was fine, spoke to him a couple of times and he's a nice guy, very helpful, and I was very happy with the transaction. I did not use the chrono24 buying agent though. Cheers.