closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have any of you seen these?

Forget about Dre.

Anyone know when the "Beats By Dr Dre" limited edition AP ROO is coming out?

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    No-one who has the AP ones? I need to find them!!!! No matter what the sound quality is like :-)
    I have a pair!! If you are interested in them let me know...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    I remember Monster making some fearsomely expensive (and very good) speaker cable in the late '80s/early '90s. I couldn't afford any of it, though. I didn't think headphones were their thing either, but in any event I'm fairly sure the actual manufacture takes place outside California ;).

http://www.vibe.com/photo-gallery/wa...piguet-watches
    In the early 90's a bought some Monster speaker cable and a Monster interconnect and honestly, I was absolutely gobsmacked at the difference it mnade in sound for around £250 as it was at the time. It really made an absolutely massive difference to the sound but it's something that is very difficult to get other people to believe. I'll be the first to admit that spending as much on leads as on one of your components is a bit out there.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Beats are rubbish, just shows how you can market a product and make money on tat

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh B View Post
    Its an opinion that can be tested by anyone who has heard them.

Now go on, explain why they were "terrible"? You might as well enlighten me as to whats acceptable in your sonic world?
    My daughter has a pair of beats and I think you've already hit the nail on the head. They aren't poor as such sound quality-wise, just very poor value for money. The bass is very loose and poorly defined and the clarity and definition in general at the price point is not what I would expect at all. The genre of music it does best with predictably is rap and dance/RnB which is more bang and tizz than music with real instruments. Maybe it's a case of choosing the right music for them to get the best out of them.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannop View Post
    Forget about Dre.
    Brilliant :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
    I'm serioulsy into headphones.

Sennheiser HD600s , brilliant sound but open backed , had a pair for years replaced the cable and the earcushions once already. Can be worh for hours.

Beyer Dynamic DT250 (250 ohm version) Closest I could get to the HD600s frequency response and closed back; industrial headphones , every bit is replacable. Comfy too.

Shure SE530s ; when I'm on the road; cable lets these down but they sound amazing.

Shure SE535s replaced the 530s with these under warranty from Shure ; I don' think they sound quite as good as the 530s , they suffer from being a litte too revealing but they are still awesome.

Musical Fidelity Xcan V2 headphone amp: totally gutted tjis and replaced all the caps , opamps , potentiometer , sockets , ...everything apart from the breadboard; used it with matched mullard valves.

Also had a dedicated PSU and a dac at one point.

Beats suck , sound like muffled junk , I have a pair of shure se215s for less than £80 as a backup and they sound better than any Beats I've heard let alone the 535s.
    You really need to discover women

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    You really need to discover women
    Headphones are less trouble and on some models you can replace all the bits as they wear out!

Have any of you seen these?

Last edited by BillyCasper; 14th December 2014 at 12:06. Reason: Glitch

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    All I see is a row of dots

Beats headphones are very poor. Bass is artificially boosted but the transducers are unable to reproduce it and the result is a muffled and undefined sound. The treble is suppressed and almost non existent. They are just a fashion accessory.

Any Koss headphone outperforms Beats by a mile, even thier entry level UR22i that only cost $20 !

Apprentice

I have a pair of the AP for Beats Headphones

Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    Headphones from Beats by Dr. Dre for Audemars Piguet! I love them and have to find a pair!

I have a pair of the headphones! If you are interested in them let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh B View Post
    Sure there are better cans out there and Beats tend to be poor VFM but if you think they sound terrible then you demonstrate that your opinion is pretty suspect on the subject as you are talking nonsense.
    They are poor VFM and don't do a good job of sound reproduction. The 'beats' system over-emphasises the low-end and they sound tinny if you turn the bass expansion off. Its commonly discussed if you search through objective reviews. Sound reproduction can be accurately measured - its not an opinion. For substantially less money you can get a near flat response from Audio-Technica ATH-M50x monitors...so there is no excuse for the price of the Beats other than fashion brand marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
    I'm serioulsy into headphones.

Sennheiser HD600s...
    Those Sennheisers are a dream

There is a reason that you see Koss or Sennheiser in so many studios and other music production facilities

Journeyman
    What's the distance between the lugs, please?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by CliveG View Post
    What's the distance between the lugs, please?
    Made me chuckle...

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Haddock View Post
    Made me chuckle...
    Yup, sharp :)

But... holy thread resurrection, and all that. Interestingly timed, though, given that Apple has just bought Beats and can now apply another layer of marketing surplus value illusion to cream off the globe's middle classes. Looking forward to the AP APple next!
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Apprentice

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by begi4e View Post
    Good for you.

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by begi4e View Post
    Goodbye

Never owned Dr Dre/Monster Beats headphones but they were at one point highly regarded. The headphone market has changed a lot, when I was seriously into HiFi there were only a handful of true audiophile products, I've owned Jecklin, Stax and at one time paid out for a pair of Sennheiser Orpheus - lost a stack of cash selling them but you can't seem to buy them anymore for love nor money, currently have a pair of ACS for my NW-ZX1, the Shure/Grado etc are for people who read bl00dy What Hifi!

As far as tie ins goes this seems ok but I wouldn't necessarily buy one unless I had an AP and lots of accessories to match.