closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Iconic watches

Iconic watches

Took 5 weeks to come which I don't thinks too bad,on the warranty card its got a Spanish dealers name and we saved £1200 so a good result I think,this was bought for the wife's birthday,I don't think she minds its a month late

So are Iconic UK based then? I have had a quick look at the website and there does seem some good deals on there?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    So are Iconic UK based then? I have had a quick look at the website and there does seem some good deals on there?
    Slogan: "A UK High Street Jeweller Since 1943". Shop in Blackburn.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom-P View Post
    Slogan: "A UK High Street Jeweller Since 1943". Shop in Blackburn.
    So they are buying stuff from europe cheaper and selling it here then? Its the 5 week wait and spanish dealers name on card in the OP post what threw me, sorry lol...

Master
    Iconic run a fantastic service. They don't make a huge profit from every sale but they sell in huge numbers

Blog Entries
    Iconic are often mentioned on the forum, one of the better grey dealers in my opinion and generally my first stop if looking for something new.

nice watch btw .

Master
    So they are buying stuff from europe cheaper and selling it here then? Its the 5 week wait and spanish dealers name on card in the OP post what threw me, sorry lol...
    Their website distinguishes between what they've got in stock and what they will source if you order it. In the latter case they'll then go looking in UK and EU, yes. Very good rep as steppy and numberjack say.

Master
    Is this a bad thing then? Surely as long as there is a significant saving and the warranty is valid that where is the issue? I for one will consider them if and when I purchase a new watch in future. Which will probably be a Pelagos in around 6 months.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    Is this a bad thing then? Surely as long as there is a significant saving and the warranty is valid that where is the issue? I for one will consider them if and when I purchase a new watch in future. Which will probably be a Pelagos in around 6 months.
    No, it's not bad at all. You're getting similar price and service as what you'd get if you bought from a Greek or Italian dealer or whatever but with a UK High Street presence and they handle all the hassle.
    Everything is sourced from within the EU so there's no VAT to pay. I'm just about to order from them when I decide exactly which model I want (between steel and gold).

I'd definitely use them again ,don't think it matters where it comes from,I would of had to wait a few weeks from goldsmiths because they never had one and they were only offering 10% off

Yep good guys just try and go for the stock items

Journeyman
    Bought two watches off them.

PO 8500 and Deville. One was in stocke and second they had to source for me.

In total i saved 2k so if i had to wait again for a watch to arrive a little bit longer would not mind that :D

Congrats to OP, that Breitling is stunning.

BTW, i know about them from this forum when i wasnt a member yet.

Hmmmm off to their website i go...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dom_ View Post
    Yep good guys just try and go for the stock items
    Even if it's not stock they can generally source if you tell them what you want.

Apprentice
    Dominic from Hackett Watches beat their price on everything I asked him about. I'm not offering guarantees but I'd give him a call just for comparisons sake. He has excellent reviews.

Used iconic for the first time this week.
    Really impressed by the service
    I saved £500 off RRP. Watches of Switzerland offered me £90 off and Frasier hart offered £0!
    Will use them again.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    Used iconic for the first time this week.
    Really impressed by the service
    I saved £500 off RRP. Watches of Switzerland offered me £90 off and Frasier hart offered £0!
    Will use them again.
    How did you manage to get discount at WoS? to me all the offered was interest free credit :)

Master
    Used them twice recently and saved £3k... Service was great too.

Quote Originally Posted by stateless View Post
    How did you manage to get discount at WoS? to me all the offered was interest free credit :)
    Just asked if there was any movement on price.
    To be honest I was surprised they offered anything.
    If you don't ask you don't get.

Craftsman
    Purchased IWC Jacques Cousteau Aquatimer and Rolex Deepsea in part 12 months from Iconic. No problems and good discount cannot be faulted. When I bought a PAM 90 from Watches of Switzerland I was made to feel like a Second class citizen for asking for discount! "Don't you know people collect Panerai and we sell all we get"! Wish I had heard of Iconic then!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stegeorgy View Post
    Purchased IWC Jacques Cousteau Aquatimer and Rolex Deepsea in part 12 months from Iconic. No problems and good discount cannot be faulted. When I bought a PAM 90 from Watches of Switzerland I was made to feel like a Second class citizen for asking for discount! "Don't you know people collect Panerai and we sell all we get"! Wish I had heard of Iconic then!
    The more I hear the more I know I will avoid WOS like the plague from now on. Stupid attitude to how to treat customers IMO.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    The more I hear the more I know I will avoid WOS like the plague from now on. Stupid attitude to how to treat customers IMO.

"oh sir, you are lucky we have one in stock now" this is what i heard at WoS when looking to buy a watch for my wife. I always ask for discount "sir, prices are set at competitive level so we dont discount" :D

So yeah, with such attitude no wonder ADs in the UK struggle to compete with grey dealers....

Journeyman
    Just purchased from them. Very pleased to say i received a great discount and good service.

Craftsman
    I haven't bought from Iconic but the more I hear the more I want to! I haven't had a bad experience in WoS but I do dislike the snobby attitude that a lot of high end "boutique" shops take. Especially considering they don't price their products competitively with online shops!

I found iconic excellent. Pleased with both the service and the price!

I bought a Breitling from Iconic and was told 2-3 weeks!
    Ten days later I was emailed to say they had it.
    I travelled to the shop to collect as I had some cash to move on.
    As I headed for the shop I saw the same watch in a high street chain for £800 more than I had paid.
    I mentioned this in the shop and was told they were lucky to sell 2 high end watches a week, whereas "we are shifting more than 100 a week".
    All paid for up front with a very small margin for profit.

You will not get a better service than Iconic watches, informed of progress every step of the way!

Master
    Pretty much the same experience for me. Nothing but good words about them. They sell so many watches they don't even need to open the doors to their high street shop, its by appointment only.

I turned up at their store and was slightly confused when all the shutters were down!! A quick call and they opened it up.

Quote Originally Posted by steppy View Post
    Pretty much the same experience for me. Nothing but good words about them. They sell so many watches they don't even need to open the doors to their high street shop, its by appointment only.

I turned up at their store and was slightly confused when all the shutters were down!! A quick call and they opened it up.
    Yes mate, like entering a jail with the buzzing double door entry - too many armed robberies they told me!

Journeyman
    thank you, i did not know about them!!!

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Iconic watches did do a poor job looking after me when i was after a Patek 5712r. Very disappointed. Won't go near them again.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by erics View Post
    Iconic watches did do a poor job looking after me when i was after a Patek 5712r. Very disappointed. Won't go near them again.
    What happened?

Journeyman
    Asked twice for a proposal-never got a feedback-poor "service".

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    Just asked if there was any movement on price.
    To be honest I was surprised they offered anything.
    If you don't ask you don't get.
    All good points, but ninety quid...

I was once offered fifty pounds off a Longines chrono that cost about a grand, once upon a time. EJ, this was. I was made to feel like a grubby cheapskate, and I've never darkened the threshold of a chain store since. The experience comparison with the US (which I'm using because being English-speaking, I'm best able to determine the difference), where they understand the importance of price competitiveness and quality of service... well, there isn't one.
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

I used Iconic last year and they were excellent. I've also used their prices as negotiating factors at Fraser Hart on a Rolex and it helped me to get them to reduce their price by about 10%, which was good.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by welshlad View Post
    I've also used their prices as negotiating factors at Fraser Hart on a Rolex and it helped me to get them to reduce their price by about 10%, which was good.
    What model Rolex was it, as a matter of interest?

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    What model Rolex was it, as a matter of interest?
    White Explorer II. They didn't match the Iconic price, but they did move more than I expected.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by welshlad View Post
    White Explorer II. They didn't match the Iconic price, but they did move more than I expected.
    Thanks. That's very interesting and useful to know.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by avinci1461 View Post
    Asked twice for a proposal-never got a feedback-poor "service".
    I cannot explain what happened. Best to give them a call & speak with Chris. I had been "tyre kicking" with Chris of Iconic Watches for over a year before buying a GO senator moonphase. Being an "uncommon" watch took them >8 weeks to source, placed the order on 09/10/14 received it on the 20th of Dec, after one slipped delivery date. The owners manual was not in it. One email later it was reordered. Good communication with Chris, James et al. Wouldn't hesitate to order from them again. They have good feedback on here & WUS.